Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town and the QE Stadium

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
Ps..One united Enfield football club would have had a much better chance of securing the site.I hope all those who rejected any discussion towards that aim in the past,take a long hard look at themsleves,if the Fairview or Lloyds ultimately demolish the stadium

It's hard to see how there is any common ground between the 1893 & ETFC proposals for the QE Stadium. 1893's is based around building a new bar; there wasn't much clarity of thought about how the stadium would operate other than it would be a joint venture with Town, Ignatians & athletics, save for a rather vague reference to a 'committee'. Personally, I can't see the Council or the Police finding the new bar acceptable, and I guess more competition for the Halfway House will probably draw them into the debate.

I suppose 1893 could approach Town for a ground share agreement at the re-vamped QE, but that wouldn't seem to be consistent with their own business plan. On that basis, it seems a bit rich that they complain elsewhere that Town didn't include them in its proposals!
So you Townies wont be putting up your own clubhouse then ? Who are you trying to kid or are the tactics of brimsdown going to be repeated, use the existing clubhouse and howell for bar revenue when you put up your mecano stands . looks like a repeat performance to me .Do you think the other businesses are that stupid ,There are more of you townies than the other clubs members ,so a townie clubhouse would have a bigger impact on the beefeater and the rugby club than the Enfield 1883 bid . gotcha

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Brimsdown Rover, you are an ill informed,factually ignorant,bitter stirrer with the a king size chip on your shoulder about our club.skull

Don't worry,you're not the only one. Luckily,as proved in the past, your opinions or influence count for nothing.
COUP , ABBEYNUT , Is he talking about us ?

Audrey.Keep your nose out of what you don't understand or comprehend.

We've heard enough jealousy and factually ignorant comments on this subject from too many people already.

We offer a local-people owned and run community club.If you prefer corporate businessmen to have the site,so be it.

Ps..The Rugby club will not decide the overall outcome.All parties including ETFC will offer to incorperate their needs in their main presentation.

Originally Posted By: Lambert_Simnel
Originally Posted By: Soppy_Lemon

What happens to our ground when you move out?

Which is covered in numerous posts on this forum. Spoonfeeding idiots is not my idea of a fun day.

The point I made is it's not in the brochure. I shouldn't have to come on to your forum to find out what is happening with our ground. Now which idiot needs spoonfeeding.

Originally Posted By: Soppy_Lemon
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
What do you want answered that isn't covered?

What happens to our ground when you move out?

On a serious note, I would have thought that both sites would be used as Rovers and Town both have reserve and youth sides and Town also have the Ladies to consider. Over the two sites, both clubs would then have the ability to really develop football throughout the Borough at all levels and to guys and gals alike. Rovers coul;d then have the potential to move up the pyramid and become well-established as teh second non league club in the Borough.