Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion and Relegation Speculation

Following on from TC's thread and it being lunchtime. It would be good to speculate on what is becoming a very interesting situation.

What we think we know is;

Reading/Badshot Lea swop is a done deal so with Molesey already relegated and Merstham up there will be one team relegated from the Prem. But what if, Croydon move sideways to us that could lead to 2 down.

Looking at the League table and the games to be played all teams from the bottom up to and including Banstead could finish in the bottom 2.

One things for sure Dorking are down especially looking at their remaining fixtures

Using my not too good prediction skills I think that the following could happen.

TEAM Points Prediction TOTAL

Raynes PV 32 6 38

Cobham 33 5 38

Bedfont 35 1 36

Bookham 38 6 44

Sandhurst 39 5 45

Banstead 41 1 42

But as they say thats just speculation. Any takers?

What if due to the increasing of the Unibond div 1 this some how saves Molesey from relegation due to a.n.other team(s) moving leagues this would allow Croydon to move side ways.

Also did Westfield get the stand / ground up to standard in time ?? I have not heard anything recently.

it would be great if results on the pitch decided these matters, but three clubs in the prem may go out on ground issues, and two or three may not come up because of ground issues.

Add to that reorganisation geographically, a new elite league, and maybe clubs surviving or going bust up the pyramid, it makes this league look like a series of friendlies to decide one promotion.

The way I see it.

I don't know if Westfield and Frimley finished in relegation positions but I thought they were demoted on ground grading issues.

(I don't believe Westfield have the necessary grading still).

If so, there must be about half a dozen who could go down this season on ground issues alone.

Regarding Croydon (and possibly Redhill??) the pyramid steering committee can move clubs across leagues although I would think the Kent League (17 teams) wouldn't be too happy with this.

The league visited RPV, CWU and Chessington a couple of months agoand asked for certain ground improvements to be carried out.

Only the league committee can tell you what they have planned for these clubs!

In terms of promotion from Div 1, my understanding is that the top two go up assuming they have the necessary ground grading. If only one of the top two have the requirements, only one goes up. In the event that neither of the top two have the required grade, then the third place team will go if, again if they have the correct grading.

Staines look like they are gpoing to win it but dont have the ground, Hanworth look good for second (again no to the ground) which leaves Westfield and Hartley for third. Hartley have their stand in and as already mentioned, Westfield have a mobile one but no news as to whether this will be approved.

If Neasden are wiped out, then that would appear to work in the favour of Westfield.

In reply to an earlier post, Frimley/Westfield/Farnham were all relegated because they did not have seating, not to allow the sideways movements. The only mockery of this is that Badshot were not allowed in to CoCo Prem cos of their ground and that CoCo will not let anyone have a ground share to gain promotion so Badshot play one season in the Hellenic, the ground share in now in place, so that they can move back to the CoCo. How it will work with Farnborough, Bisley & Badshot playing at Cherrywood Road remains to be seen.

I did not know that Bisley played at Farnboro as there own ground should be good enough for DIV 1. They and Englefield Green evidently want to come to us but both would play in Div.1

I thought also the rules were changed to 3 up 3 down by right subject to ground grading.

I understand that Badshot Lea are having a new ground built which should be ready for the start of next season.

The CCL seem to have one rule for one club and another for another club. For instance, Colliers Wood should not be in the Premier (I have nothing against the club) but I think I am right in thinking that the ground rules state that the ground should be fully enclosed so that non-paying spectators cannot see the field of play during a game.....Colliers' temporary fencing does not fit this!

Ash's away dressing room does not meet the required size (measured it the other week); Raynes Park Vale floodlight almost one complete side of the pitch is in darkness; I'm certain that Guildford's ground cannot meet the criteria either.

The way I see the CCL ground rules are a mockery (like Horley's relegation two seasons ago because they were missing something like 5 seats). If your club fits with the powers that be on the CCL board you'll be in.

Interpretation : Ground Shares

i) No ground share will be regarded as permanent. Plans for an alternative permanent ground must be provided before the ground share will be approved.

ii) The club must have sole control over and use of facilities on match days.

iii) Ground sharing will not be allowed in order for a club to gain promotion or retain status at Step 5. A ground sharing agreement must have been in force at the start of the season before a club may seek promotion to step 5 at the end of that season. However, a clubs may move into a ground share in order to gain promotion to or retain status at Step 6.

iv) Ground sharing will not be allowed in order to maintain status. If the facilities of a club do not meet the requirements of the competition by 1st April in any season that club may be placed at a lower step. A ground share may be approved whilst remedial work is carried out but the facilities at the temporary gound will not count to maintain the clubs status.

v) The ground share must allow the club to have a priority over fixtures published in advance except where priority must be given to competitions of higher precedence.

Originally Posted By: RGRON
I understand that Badshot Lea are having a new ground built which should be ready for the start of next season.

The CCL seem to have one rule for one club and another for another club. For instance, Colliers Wood should not be in the Premier (I have nothing against the club) but I think I am right in thinking that the ground rules state that the ground should be fully enclosed so that non-paying spectators cannot see the field of play during a game.....Colliers' temporary fencing does not fit this!

Ash's away dressing room does not meet the required size (measured it the other week); Raynes Park Vale floodlight almost one complete side of the pitch is in darkness; I'm certain that Guildford's ground cannot meet the criteria either.

The way I see the CCL ground rules are a mockery (like Horley's relegation two seasons ago because they were missing something like 5 seats). If your club fits with the powers that be on the CCL board you'll be in.

This is what I said earlier.

If so, there must be about half a dozen who could go down this season on ground issues alone.

I do not rule out CWUFC on this either.
If the league saw all their rules through, I reckon we would have a 15/16 team premier division!!

Any club with the intention of seeking promotion must notify its interest to the Competition Secretary no later than 31st December in any season. The Competition Secretary will then advise the names of all such clubs to the Leagues Committee of The FA by 31st January.

ii) The Competition will accept the champion club, the runners-up and the third place club from Division One into the Premier Division, providing that they meet the standard grading requirements for entry to the Premier Division of the Competition.

iii) An application from any other club wishing to join the Premier Division of the League will be considered on its merits. Any such application will be at the discretion of the Management Committee but subject to the rules of the recognised National League System Committee of The Football Association.

iv) The three clubs finishing at the bottom of the Premier Division will be eligible for relegation to Division One of the Competition.

v) No club will be relegated from the Premier Division if by doing so, the membership of the Premier Division would fall below 22 for the following season.

vi) Notwithstanding any of the above, should the number of clubs eligible to take part in the Premier Division exceed 22, the number of clubs allowed to join will be reduced accordingly, at the discretion of The Board, but subject to the rules of the Leagues Committee of The FA.

vii) The two clubs finishing at the bottom of Division One will be eligible for relegation.

viii) Applications to join Division One of the League will be considered on their merit. Should the facilities of any prospective club be such that they would merit the award of an acceptable grade by the Board, and their playing record is acceptable, they will be given preference over those clubs seeking re-election. (This clause does not preclude the removal from the Competition of any Club not in possession of a appropriate grade and where it is considered by The Board that there is little chance of the Club achieving such a grade).

ix) No club will be relegated from Division One if by doing so the membership of the division would fall below 18 for the following season.

13.5 If no Clubs are eligible or wish promotion, the number of Clubs to be relegated will be reduced.

13.6 In the event of a Club, not being placed in a relegation position at the end of the season, wishing to resign from the Competition at the end of the season, or having been removed from membership under the Articles the number of Clubs to be relegated shall be reduced accordingly.

13.7 In the event of a Club opting to be relegated or being removed from membership under the Articles such Club or Clubs will replace the Club or Clubs otherwise due for relegation.

13.8 If any Club ceases to operate between the annual general meeting of the Company and the commencement of the following Playing Season, no adjustments to the number of Clubs participating in the Competition will be made. The remaining Clubs will participate in the Competition for that season.

13.9 A Club which for any reason ceases to operate at any time during the Playing Season may have its playing record expunged, and any monies due to them from the Company shall be forfeited. From the date of the withdrawal no further payment shall become due to them. From the date of the withdrawal, that Club shall cease to be a member of the Company.

Interpretation : A club shall not be allowed to withdraw any of all of its teams from the League after the Annual General Meeting each year. Any club infringing this rule shall also be liable to a fine (See Table 1).

The constitution for the coming season having been decided at a Special General Meeting held for the purpose, or at the Annual General Meeting, the Board shall have the right, irrespective of other provisions in this rule, to refuse to permit a club to withdraw its team(s) in order to join another competition and may hold the club to its engagements.

A club playing record shall include all points and goals obtained by or recorded against that club.

Oh, one more thing.I received an email from a league officer when we had a game postponed asking if recent ground works had not worked. I replied that the rain had been torrential for 16 previous hours and few grounds would survive.

Only about 6 matches in both divisions survived that day but I wonder how many other clubs were asked re their ground work?