Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion and Relegation Speculation

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
seems to me, john c and lmq and the pro ground sharers, the ccl needs to change its rules?

I haven't said if I was for or against ground sharing I simply gave a fact. I don't think players are bothered if teams share grounds or not, at the end of the day you turn up and play the 11 men put in front of you and try to get 3 points. To re-itterate prvious posts it only matters what happens on the pitch for me.

Originally Posted By: return of the mac
on the guildford aspect ( too far from the pitch) i seem to remember peppard applying for the old diadora league they played at palmer park (reading) but got refused because the pitch had a running track round it and fans were too far away from the pitch. i don't know if the same rules apply at our level as they do at that level but sounds the same as guildfords?

I believe Peppard were refused as the pitch was too small and could not be made bigger, hence why they got booted out of the FA Vase all those years ago.

What is the arrangment for Bookham and Epsom?

When is a groundshare considered "permanent"?

Have either got realistic plans for their own ground at the required grading?

If Bedfont Green have a three year share in place what happens in three years?

If these three can get round the rules is that fair on the sides trying to come up?

Is space infinite and will lightning get off the fence?

Epsom's postion is as follows:

We sold our ground 15 years ago, bought a site for a new ground, and agreed to share at Banstead until it was built. Planning permission was turned down forthat site, but we had outline planning permission for another site, but were massive outbid by a certain healthclub named after a tennis player.

Since then we have been actively looking for a new site in the Borough, and are still in negotiations with the local council and a landowner to have our own ground.

There is no future for the club at Merland Rise, as there is no way of raising revenue to run the club.

Originally Posted By: jayjay
Furious Feltham FC threatened to take legal action last week after the Combined Counties League proposed that they be relegated from the Premier Division, writes Tony Flood.

But the Blues were hoping the situation would be resolved when the Combined Counties held their annual meeting last night (Wednesday).

Angry Feltham chairman Brian Barry declared: "We were told after the league management meeting that we were in the Premier, but were then informed by telephone two days later that we would be in Division One.

advertisement"It's disgraceful. We have been shafted and are seeking legal advice."

Feltham, who have appointed former boss Bob Barnes as manager after Frank Brown resigned due to work commitments, have had their team planning and sponsorship negotiations thrown into confusion.

Although they finished second-from-bottom last season, Feltham believed they would not be relegated after Southall were thrown out of the league and Mole Valley Predators resigned.

The Combined Counties League's make-up was then changed when seven clubs were moved to the league following the scrapping of the Ryman League Division Two.

But, as Barry pointed out: "Epsom & Ewell (with 21 points from 30 games) and Camberley Town (23 from 30) have both been allowed straight into the Premier despite having worse records last season than Feltham (33 from 40)."

In addition, Bedfont Green, who were originally demoted, are being reinstated to the Premier after the grading of their ground.

Barry stormed: "This could cost us a lot of sponsorship money and prevent us getting the same quality of players."

We've never recovered from it - It's hard ground sharing as we've had to over the past few years (there is light at the end of the tunnel tho) as it is but with only one side you can't attract the players hence we're struggling.

Horley getting relegated was the biggest joke. They finished fourth I think and it was something to do with seats when at the time their ground was probably the best in the league.

We'd still be a premier club if it wasn't for those damn Ryman teams wink

Bedfont Green have secured a deal to play at the Beveree Stadium, Hampton for the next three seasons.

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=81810;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Bedfont could not play at their home ground (old Viking Sports) due to have Southall playing there last season and Neasden this season as well as their Ressies.

Originally Posted By: Teflon
Bedfont Green have secured a deal to play at the Beveree Stadium, Hampton for the next three seasons.

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=81810;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Bedfont could not play at their home ground (old Viking Sports) due to have Southall playing there last season and Neasden this season as well as their Ressies.

Why hire a pitch to Neasden rather than play there yourselves. I would not think the rent they get covers what they pay Hayes. for Yeading.

They certainly dont take much over the gate

Bedfont Green attend.High 78 low 10 Ave 26

But that the problem of not being in you own area, we suffer the same at Bookham. I know Bedfont Green do have plans for their own ground in nearer the original base.

what about bookham then teffers?

Did I read in the article about the summer tour that the chairman was looking at getting a permanent ground that would meet the gradings?

thanks albees, I recall that situation now. 15 years is pretty permanent to me! someone ought to get the league to tidy its rules up to avoid the accusation of unfair treatment.

Two sets of rules apply though. The league's own and the FA ground grades.

Seems the FA ones are 100% and the leagues are less so.

I also read on the leagues website's rules page the coco league is ideally three divisions of 22 teams each!

Yes TSF, Bookham are looking for a permanent ground in our locality which we can either bring upto league standards or build from new but as you can guess its hard to find cheap land and then get planning ect !! Epsom's situation is exactly the same talking to them earlier in the season, and alos Epsom where in the groundshare prior to coming into the league so I think it's harsh to say the CCL has their own rules

We have been down a couple of avenues but these have turned into cul-de-sac's so we will keep looking and see what happens.

Originally Posted By: return of the mac
on the guildford aspect ( too far from the pitch) i seem to remember peppard applying for the old diadora league they played at palmer park (reading) but got refused because the pitch had a running track round it and fans were too far away from the pitch. i don't know if the same rules apply at our level as they do at that level but sounds the same as guildfords?

IMHO as below

1. MERSTHAM - No probs already up
2. GUILDFORD CITY - too far from pitch? bar facilities?
3. CAMBERLEY TOWN - Away changing room too small?
4. COVE - no problems
5. HORLEY TOWN - no problems
6. NTH GREENFORD UTD - no problems
7. COLLIERS WOOD UTD - fencing, lights
8. EPSOM & EWELL - no problems
9. CHERTSEY TOWN - no problems
10. BEDFONT GREEN - no problems
11. CHESSINGTON & H UTD - away changing too small
12. ASH UNITED - away changing too small
13. WEMBLEY - no problems
14. READING TOWN - moved leagues n/a
15. EGHAM TOWN - state of changing rooms
16. BANSTEAD ATHLETIC - no problems
17. SANDHURST TOWN - no car park
18. BOOKHAM - same as dorking
19. BEDFONT - no problems
20. COBHAM - no problems
21. RAYNES PARK VALE - lights, lease, general condition of ground
22. DORKING - general condition of ground, relegated in theory anyway

this is my opinion on playing at these grounds.

Colliers Wood Lights????????
Don't think so!!

Originally Posted By: johncrow
Factually incorrect Chris, Banstead have a sharer they play at their own ground and Bedfont Green have not shared this season but rented a ground.
The rules say that you must have a plan in place to move either back or aquire your own ground and I think everyone knows that Epsom have been trying that for 15 years. You have to accept that Bookham and Bedfont Green have satisfied the League that they also have such a strategy.
The state of the playing surface has no relevance in grading.
Also Guildford do have a bar in the Spectrum therefore part of the development. The fact that they do not contol it has no relevance.

Fair comments but the pitch is included in ground grading!!

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
what about bookham then teffers?

Did I read in the article about the summer tour that the chairman was looking at getting a permanent ground that would meet the gradings?

thanks albees, I recall that situation now. 15 years is pretty permanent to me! someone ought to get the league to tidy its rules up to avoid the accusation of unfair treatment.

Two sets of rules apply though. The league's own and the FA ground grades.

Seems the FA ones are 100% and the leagues are less so.

I also read on the leagues website's rules page the coco league is ideally three divisions of 22 teams each!

I think that the Surrey Elite league has filled the gap that the CoCo saw that would require a third division i.e. a step 7 league TSF,