Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion and Relegation Speculation

Ash United Changing Rooms/Lights

Banstead Athletic Groundshare

Bedfont

Bedfont Green Groundshare

Bookham Pitch/Lease

Camberley Town

Chertsey Town

Chessington & Hook Pitch

Cobham

Colliers Wood Fencing/Changing Rooms

Cove

Dorking Lease/Pitch

Egham Town Pitch

Epsom & Ewell Groundshare

Guildford City Ground/Bar

Horley Town

Merstham

North Greenford United

Raynes Park Vale Lease/Fencing/Lights

Reading Town

Sandhurst Town

Wembley

Anything else to add anyone?

Chris,

Which grounds do you think are not Premier standard (considering the league rules)?

For me its; Ash, Guildford, Colliers and RPV.

Dorking probably does just meet criteria despite the state of the ground.

And finally, in my opinion ground-sharing should not be allowed full stop. This is a senior league and I firmly believe you should have your own facilities if you are promoting yourself as a senior club......sorry Bookham, Bedfont Green and Epsom!

I did not know about Badshot's 'new' ground. Bislay will get away with it as they are called Bisley rather than Farnborough Res. Bisley current ground is not good enough as there is no fixed barrier and it appears they cannot be fooked to rope the pitch off. Also, a lot of their ground work has to be ripped up as they did not get planning permission.

Originally Posted By: jayjay
Bedfont Green have secured a deal to play at the Beveree Stadium, Hampton for the next three seasons.

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=81810;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

So how did the league allow the use of Yeading FC?
Seems to me that some clubs get help and others.......
I give up!!!!

Originally Posted By: RGRON

And finally, in my opinion ground-sharing should not be allowed full stop. This is a senior league and I firmly believe you should have your own facilities if you are promoting yourself as a senior club......sorry Bookham, Bedfont Green and Epsom!

I disagree. I think it's a bit of a silly reason to kick a club out of the league.

As someone said in the thread, promotion/relegation should be decided by matters on the pitch, nothing else IMO.

On RGNs four

i havent been to CWU.

Someone must have measured ash's changing room or they had best get the sledgehammer out sharpish.

Raynes park vale : dont know about the lease but it is dark and in general, oh dear!

Whats wrong with Guildford, no alcohol to the punter I know but thats not a rule is it? The ground is fenced off albeit a long way from the pitch

Factually incorrect Chris, Banstead have a sharer they play at their own ground and Bedfont Green have not shared this season but rented a ground.

The rules say that you must have a plan in place to move either back or aquire your own ground and I think everyone knows that Epsom have been trying that for 15 years. You have to accept that Bookham and Bedfont Green have satisfied the League that they also have such a strategy.

The state of the playing surface has no relevance in grading.

Also Guildford do have a bar in the Spectrum therefore part of the development. The fact that they do not contol it has no relevance.

Originally Posted By: RGRON

It appears to be accepted in the Italian top flight!

DON'T YER JUST LUV IT ???

So how DID the two CCL pitch inspections in question go last Thursday ?

Seems they are going to keep 'secret-squirrel' to the end.

I'm pleased to hear that the press friendly to DFC will be along side me in a certain building in Guildford this coming Thursday.

Very good point LMcQ. With the cost of providing facilities its archaic to try to prevent 2 clubs pooling resourses. Rugby teams share with football etc. as well as the previous Palace/Charlton agreement.

People complain that football facilities are under used so any initiatives to increase the utilization is good for all concerned.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
so what is the difference between ground sharing and ground renting Johnc ?

Unless you own the freehold of your ground everyone ground rents/leases. A share is when you rent for another club. There is no other club (1st team)playing at Yeading.

Plenty of seats, as long as you pass the rigid security search.

No bar facilities, but told, there is a lovely hostelry withing walking distance !

Furious Feltham FC threatened to take legal action last week after the Combined Counties League proposed that they be relegated from the Premier Division, writes Tony Flood.

But the Blues were hoping the situation would be resolved when the Combined Counties held their annual meeting last night (Wednesday).

Angry Feltham chairman Brian Barry declared: "We were told after the league management meeting that we were in the Premier, but were then informed by telephone two days later that we would be in Division One.

advertisement"It's disgraceful. We have been shafted and are seeking legal advice."

Feltham, who have appointed former boss Bob Barnes as manager after Frank Brown resigned due to work commitments, have had their team planning and sponsorship negotiations thrown into confusion.

Although they finished second-from-bottom last season, Feltham believed they would not be relegated after Southall were thrown out of the league and Mole Valley Predators resigned.

The Combined Counties League's make-up was then changed when seven clubs were moved to the league following the scrapping of the Ryman League Division Two.

But, as Barry pointed out: "Epsom & Ewell (with 21 points from 30 games) and Camberley Town (23 from 30) have both been allowed straight into the Premier despite having worse records last season than Feltham (33 from 40)."

In addition, Bedfont Green, who were originally demoted, are being reinstated to the Premier after the grading of their ground.

Barry stormed: "This could cost us a lot of sponsorship money and prevent us getting the same quality of players."

on the guildford aspect ( too far from the pitch) i seem to remember peppard applying for the old diadora league they played at palmer park (reading) but got refused because the pitch had a running track round it and fans were too far away from the pitch. i don't know if the same rules apply at our level as they do at that level but sounds the same as guildfords?

IMHO as below

1. MERSTHAM - No probs already up

2. GUILDFORD CITY - too far from pitch? bar facilities?

3. CAMBERLEY TOWN - Away changing room too small?

4. COVE - no problems

5. HORLEY TOWN - no problems

6. NTH GREENFORD UTD - no problems

7. COLLIERS WOOD UTD - fencing, lights

8. EPSOM & EWELL - no problems

9. CHERTSEY TOWN - no problems

10. BEDFONT GREEN - no problems

11. CHESSINGTON & H UTD - away changing too small

12. ASH UNITED - away changing too small

13. WEMBLEY - no problems

14. READING TOWN - moved leagues n/a

15. EGHAM TOWN - state of changing rooms

16. BANSTEAD ATHLETIC - no problems

17. SANDHURST TOWN - no car park

18. BOOKHAM - same as dorking

19. BEDFONT - no problems

20. COBHAM - no problems

21. RAYNES PARK VALE - lights, lease, general condition of ground

22. DORKING - general condition of ground, relegated in theory anyway

this is my opinion on playing at these grounds.