Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

E.G.M. of MFC Limited, April 28th

JeremyJacobs

I have just read the Article in the paper regarding the club, and what a load of bullsh1t from KP

I have loads of shareholders giving support.... well tht might be the shareholders that are relatives but certainly not the shareholders that I know

The accounts will be ready next week.... what a coincidence, years go by with nothing happening and then when it appear on the forum... its in hand

To anyone who is not in the know about what is really happening in the club do not believe what KP is saying, and this comes from someone who has always defended KP

The CVA practioners said not to trade through Margate... Fundamental bullsh1t there, a CVA is put in place when you have a company that finds itself in trouble but uses a CVA to help carry on trading while paying creditors a % in the pound. The reason that a CVA is put in place is so the company can carry on trading....

If something has been done wrong at the club I think MFC's own fans urging various authorities to look into it is a very unhealthy thing.

Can we not wait till we know the facts of this meeting, after the meeting,rather than play this guessing game before hand.I'm sure you JJ,as you are attending the meeting can report back to us then with the true outcome & reasons for the meeting being called in the first place rather than this continual guessing game prior to it,which in turn may cause alarm or raise concerns amongst us,some of which might well be unnecessary.

Besides haven't the club mentioned the reasons for it already..

You may have a point Cookie and there maybe further revelations in the course of this coming week.

Like many shareholders and supporters I am astounded by Keith Piper's comments in the Gazette last Friday and I intend to write to the Editor of the IOTG in response.

Cookie, I really don't see the point of supporters, including you, in waiting for the outcome of the EGM. Why don't you and others speak to the local media, including KM-FM?

Speak to them about what may I ask? We don't know that theres anything bad to come out of the meeting yet.

You should know JJ that if I ever saw our club in deep deep trouble I for one would be amongst the front-runners to fight for its survival.

No,I'm not happy with what goes on at boardroom level but I doubt whatever turns up at this E.G.M will be fatal to our club will it?. I understand your concerns but lets hold fire on this one. You never know it could all be great news coming our way rather than the dreaded opposite & could in fact benefit our club rather than the other way round.I await with interest.

Originally Posted By: Cookie
Speak to them about what may I ask? We don't know that there's anything bad to come out of the meeting yet.
You should know JJ that if I ever saw our club in deep deep trouble I for one would be amongst the front-runners to fight for its survival.
No,I'm not happy with what goes on at boardroom level but I doubt whatever turns up at this E.G.M will be fatal to our club will it?.

Well Cookie consider this. How long has Gary Lever been involved with MFC, 3 years? Why hasn't he gone public already and said what plans he's got for the new stadium?

Dunno! Ask him! Ask Keith on a personal note while your at it face-to-face that he is not wanted.I doubt you would,would you?

Look,Keith has a track record, we all know that.

He frustrates us with promises that never seem to be kept(well the majority anyway).

Things aren't going along as quickly as we hoped etc etc BUT one thing Keith Piper IS,& we should all remember this when calling for his head,is that he is a true lover of this club.I cannot for the life of me see him,of all people,wanting this the club to die.

Now if those words ever come back to haunt me then I will be more than disappointed but more than that ABSOLUTELY AMAZED!!.

InIn fairness, as i read it-Mr Lever would have no right or need to comment on the stadium,as he is not associated with Margate football club.

That may change after the egm and if he is appointed a director.

Maybe you should vote in favour of his appointment then JJ and you may get your wish as you will have put him in a position where he has earned the right to comment !!

If the appointment of two new directors is to strengthen the board and move the club forward then that has got to be good news. However if KP only wants the two new directors so as to strengthen his position in order to prevent him keep losing board room votes then is it the right thing for the club? The best outcome may be to appoint Gary Lever only to the board, thus securing his support for the club and hopefully progress the development. That would then give the board a 3-3 draw and hopefully the directors would then have to work together for the long term good of the club.

michaelmichael, Sorry, I don't agree with you. If Mr Lever cared so much about the Club why hasn't he asked to join the Board earlier or go public about his intentions. Even if he is a Margate FC enthusiast, his first priority is to his shareholders at Channel Hotels not shareholders and supporters of Margate FC

Nothing wrong with a good ulterior motive

The name escapes me of a supporter who still posts on here and allegedly used it previously to promote his own blog and website

Frankly, i am amazed that Lever did not make it a condition from the outset that for providing funding, he had a seat on the main football club board