Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Chairman speaks...

andyetfc

From the NLP.(Edited)

Lack of discipline has been the downfall of my club's downfall this season.

...... was red carded for a disgraceful challenge.

The ball had gone out of play and he simply lashed out at their player.

The fans saw it. I saw it and there's no way as a club can condone that so having talked to our manager, we decided that he would not play for us again.

We have had 11 red cards this season. That is not a record I am proud of, and quite frankly we hhad to say enough was enough.

The above was from Marine FC's chairman in last week's NLP.

With a sronger referee AJ would probably have been sent off for his two footed lunge yesterday leaving 'our' club with 10 men for 80 minutes. His conduct after the sending off left a lot to be desired and his action of meeting up with the referee in the enclosed tunnel to berate him with foul language will hurt 'our' club even more. The referee said he will include AJ's 'after the final whistle' outburst. What's going to be done? Answers on an A4 sheet to all shareholders and supporters please.

The funny thing is that some supporters were saying that the poor disciplinary issues had got better, even including me.

I think our poor and inconsistant form is of just as much worry,as our discipline ?

The programme on saturday stated that a boardroom meeting had taken place with regard to the management of the first team next season.This meeting was after the great display at Sudbury,but before the nightmare performance on saturday.Oh dear!

LS - agreed, but I can't help but think that if we'd managed to field more of a consistent team throughout this season, we may have been in a better position to push for a play-off place. Part of the reason for this is because of injuries, but a larger part has to be as a result of suspensions served due to a lack of discipline. If the discipline issue is resolved, we can field more of a settled side and surely this can only help with form and consistency.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
From the NLP.(Edited)

Lack of discipline has been the downfall of my club's downfall this season.

...... was red carded for a disgraceful challenge.

The ball had gone out of play and he simply lashed out at their player.

The fans saw it. I saw it and there's no way as a club can condone that so having talked to our manager, we decided that he would not play for us again.

We have had 11 red cards this season. That is not a record I am proud of, and quite frankly we hhad to say enough was enough.

The above was from Marine FC's chairman in last week's NLP.

With a sronger referee AJ would probably have been sent off for his two footed lunge yesterday leaving 'our' club with 10 men for 80 minutes. His conduct after the sending off left a lot to be desired and his action of meeting up with the referee in the enclosed tunnel to berate him with foul language will hurt 'our' club even more. The referee said he will include AJ's 'after the final whistle' outburst. What's going to be done? Answers on an A4 sheet to all shareholders and supporters please.

The funny thing is that some supporters were saying that the poor disciplinary issues had got better, even including me.

what a shame

for a minute I thought it might have been our illustrious chairman, but then he doesn't seem to be at many games these days.

and as the board have a self embargo about appearing on this site we couldn't expect a comment from the board, offical or otherwise, but if they don't like what they reid they do send you emails!

o well another season over (forget the cup final nice day out but odds are against us).

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I think our poor and inconsistant form is of just as much worry,as our discipline ?

I actually think they go hand in hand.

Totally agree.