Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey 2 Enfield Town 0

Dismal display by Town.Too many players not yet ready to challange for the title next season.Too many seasoned players not looking at ALL interested in impressing the new management.

Havn't strung two good displays together for a long time.Although we've strung plenty of poor ones together.

Not sure if any of the ex-Waltham Forest players are top half players let alone top six (with maybe the exception of Willis).

The new mamagement have got a mamouth tast in the close season and for the 2008-09 season, to turn this team and club quickly around into challangers again.

I wish them all the luck in the owrld.They could need it.

Guest MOB Snr

To many of your players especially your captain were more interested in trying to kick our players than play football, maybe you should learn from that!!

Actually it was only two of our defenders who tried to rough up your players.And they try that tactic with most teams we play.ETFC fans don't condone this over dangerous style of play.Hopefully it will change for next year.

The rest of our team hardly showed any desire to compete physically or make a decent challange for the ball in the whole game.In fact half our team looked like schoolboys than hard men.

Have to say that your No5 was out of order as well.Wrestling on the floor with our players on three seperate ocassions.

Good to see Garry Britnell still there.He was real hero of EFC when we were a big non-league club.Ask him about his day of playing at the great Southbury Road ground.As a goalscoring midfielder he was one of the best i've seen.

I don't think our performance was as bad as all that. the first half was pretty even and full credit to Canvey's keeper for a superb save in the first half and then robbing Marshall/Mitchell (I keep getting them confused) in the second half. What concerned me most was that both Ozzie and Ricci didn't seem very intersted. Ricci kept looking for free kicks that weren't comoing when he should have carried on playing. SEcond half, Canvey tightened up and fully deserved their win.

Was it really necessary for half your team to abuse Ian Luck just because he chose to play on after someone went down injured, instead of giving the ball back?

There's no rule that says the ball should be returned to the team who kicked the ball out of play, but from the way your players reacted I'd've thought there was. We were trying to ensure ourselves of a playoff place, after all.

Oh, good luck next season. Hope you have a better one than this year. If we play our cards right we won't meet unless it's in a cup!

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Actually.............

Good to see Garry Britnell still there.He was real hero of EFC when we were a big non-league club.Ask him about his day of playing at the great Southbury Road ground.As a goalscoring midfielder he was one of the best i've seen.

Learn to READ

Cheers TGE.He was great player who was part of a great team back then.The only thing he lacked was a burst of pace (in fact his treading water style of running was legendary).With that attribute as well he would have gone ever higher in the game.Maybe all the way to the very top.Arriving late into the box to head home crosses.Never seen a player better at that than Brits.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: abbeynut
When was Enfield Town a big non league club?

All depends on perspective.Compared to the Conference teams at the moment,we are admittedly small fry.Compared to Chav sunday-park style teams live Wabbey,we are massive. smile
Great reply L S , Oi wabbeynut I see you got your ar$e badly kicked on cheshunts forum , Talk about scoring an own goal . druff