Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season's League Structure

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
No dissrespect to any team but this league is a lot weaker than in the last two seasons. There are no clubs that really stand out as favourites. I didn't like Stuart's recent comments about going for a play off place next season. We have to set our target at being Champions.
It depends on what our budget is ? I dare say he has a good idea of what it is and lets face it we wont be getting any large contingent of away fans through the gate doah ,It may be that he's not confident . He talks of making some new signings FROM WHERE ? Surely not the usual intake from Ilford Cheshunt and waltham Forest again , May be one or two from Brimsdown as well doah

His quote came a couple of weeks ago before the league was announced. We must aim high and must aim for the title.

In January, on a mucky Saturday (weatherwise) when most games in ESL and Ryman's were called off I caught up with what was happening at Leyton. A team of youngsters were having a tough match that day - and continued to take defeat after defeat for the rest of the season. A young keeper performed heroics for them.

Whether that team stays together remains to be seen - I hope they do.

But whatever the personnel I bet there are not many better playing surfaces in R1N than the one at Hare and Hounds. If I am right in that, visiting teams should be thankful for it

For those who are interested probably none, Wivenhoe have been allocated to the Ridgeons Eastern Counties League.

http://www.thefa.com/GrassrootsNew/League/Postings/2008/05/NLRestructuring.htm

Full report is as follows:-

Following meetings of both the Alliance and Leagues Committees the club allocations for season 2008/2009 have been agreed.

It should be noted that in arriving at these allocations the following have been taken into account:

* It has been assumed that Halifax Town FC has been expelled from the Football Conference. This has in turn provided for Altrincham FC, Hucknall Town FC, Borehamwood FC and Slough Town FC to be reprieved from relegation from their respective Steps.

* Should Cambridge City FC be unsuccessful in their Appeal against the decision of the Football Conference to relegate them, then will be placed at Step 3 (Southern League Premier Division) thereby reprieving Weston Super Mare FC from relegation.

* Following the demise of Edgware Town FC at Step 4, Ilford FC has been reprieved from relegation

There may be other issues that arise in the near future that will be dealt with by the Leagues Committee as and when they arise.

Clubs relegated from Step 4 have been allocated as follows:

Alsager Town FC (to North West Counties League)

Bridlington Town FC (to northern Counties East League)

Berkhamsted Town FC (to Spartan South Midlands League)

Wivenhoe Town FC (to Eastern Counties League)

Horsham YMCA FC (to Sussex County League)

Molesey FC (to Combined Counties League)

Newport IOW FC (to Wessex League)

The Leagues Committee also confirmed that there will be new competitions at both Step 6 and 7 next season. The East Midlands Counties Football League will comprise of clubs from the Central Midlands, Leicestershire Senior and Northern Counties East Leagues and will operate at Step 6. The Hampshire Premier League will operate at Step 7. They may be joined by the Surrey Elite Intermediate League although this is yet to be confirmed.

It was further agreed that there would be a review of the current geographical boundaries during the course of the season with a view to recommending changes, if any, for season 2009/2010.

Its no good, I have tried, Ive really tried, but the Ilford (twice), Aveley, Leyton, etc etc that in the past have been off set by away days to Stamford, Rothwell, Sudbury, Bury Town & others is now just depressing.

We go to Hillingdon whilst Uxbridge a couple of miles away get to go to Truro! (bet the league make that a Tuesday night game!)

While Sudbury go on a tour from east to west England we just about get outside the bloody North Circular Road!!

The football better be good next season to lift this gloomy cloud.

Here's to a good draw & run in the FA Cup & Trophy.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Its no good, I have tried, Ive really tried, but the Ilford (twice), Aveley, Leyton, etc etc that in the past have been off set by away days to Stamford, Rothwell, Sudbury, Bury Town & others is now just depressing.

We go to Hillingdon whilst Uxbridge a couple of miles away get to go to Truro! (bet the league make that a Tuesday night game!)

While Sudbury go on a tour from east to west England we just about get outside the bloody North Circular Road!!

The football better be good next season to lift this gloomy cloud.

Here's to a good draw & run in the FA Cup & Trophy.

I want a win in the FA Cup and Trophy and not a draw!

That's a trip to Aveley more than you got in the ESL days!

Originally Posted By: Football Man

I think you might find that we travelled to Aveley and played London APSA in our ESL days.

Originally Posted By: Football Man

No Mate, we played London APSA at Aveley.