Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Italy in the Inner London World Cup

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Originally Posted By: petethegreek
The Challenge Cup Final will hopefully have more but if the weather stays like this then it is likely to affect the attendance.

When is the Challenge Cup Final due to be played, if it's tomorrow evening then I wouldn't hold out much hope of it going ahead.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
No I don't accept that, we have only met on a handful of occasions so how can you say you know me.

Hmmm. That's a very interesting statement for you to make. Somebody who has met you on a number of occasions can't possibly know you, yet on the 21/04 you posted that you know me despite having spent less than 5 minutes talking to me!

I'm sure that must make me a very shallow character and your goodself an incredibly complex and interesting character.

Then again.......

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at as I don't recall saying that I know you, if I did then I think you are taking it out of context as like you say we have only met briefly. Keeper No.1 doesn't know me and certainly not enough to make the sort of comments he did about my children but then he's the best in the business at getting personal when backed against a wall as Wader has warned him about previously.

On the 21st April you began a post by saying "I know the anorak who made that post won't see this as surprisingly he had never heard of Fans Focus, apparently he was from West London near Hounslow."

What exactly is it that you are after? Sympathy?

From my viewing of this forum in the past couple of months you seem to derive great pleasure from fomenting on-going petty squabbles. There would appear to be a number of regular "targets" on your hit list, as shown by a seperate thread elsewhere. On many occasions your postings come across as very vindictive and you are not averse to making personal comments, such as stating in a post that I "obviously suffer from a personality disorder."

And yet, like playground bullies everywhere, if anybody has the temerity to make any personal comments about you that you dislike then you go running to 'teacher' and ask for protection.

Most people would take the hint from this that it is not nice to receive a personal attack, and indeed it may make them take a look at their own behaviour to see if it needs to be moderated. But not you, eh? You are the living embodiment of do as I say not as I do.

Once you set your own stall in order then maybe you will get the sympathy you are obviously craving.

I won't hold my breath......

Originally Posted By: sjj2112
On the 21st April you began a post by saying "I know the anorak who made that post won't see this as surprisingly he had never heard of Fans Focus, apparently he was from West London near Hounslow."

What exactly is it that you are after? Sympathy?

From my viewing of this forum in the past couple of months you seem to derive great pleasure from fomenting on-going petty squabbles. There would appear to be a number of regular "targets" on your hit list, as shown by a seperate thread elsewhere. On many occasions your postings come across as very vindictive and you are not averse to making personal comments, such as stating in a post that I "obviously suffer from a personality disorder."

And yet, like playground bullies everywhere, if anybody has the temerity to make any personal comments about you that you dislike then you go running to 'teacher' and ask for protection.

Most people would take the hint from this that it is not nice to receive a personal attack, and indeed it may make them take a look at their own behaviour to see if it needs to be moderated. But not you, eh? You are the living embodiment of do as I say not as I do.

Once you set your own stall in order then maybe you will get the sympathy you are obviously craving.

I won't hold my breath......

sjj2112
beer2 next time your in southend area i will buy you one...or several!!!

Keeper No.1 - Why quote Sjj2112's entire post again when it was the one immediately above yours, it's just wasting space.

It's interesting that you blindly side with him without being aware of the facts, I did my utmost to press his flesh when he visited the Copthall Stadium for a game at the back end of last season and even introduced him to the Club Chairman. He later threw the Club's hospitality back in my face in no uncertain terms and corrected me that he was from near Heathrow and not near Hounslow, that comment in itself would indicate that something isn't quite right about Sjj2112 as Hounslow is near Heathrow.

And how exactly did I "throw the Club's hospitality" back in your face?

I had the temerity to say it wasn't the best game I had seen this season - I'm allowed my opinion.

I criticised your beloved program - again I'm entitled to my opinion.

I wasn't aware that shaking your hand and being introduced to your Chairman took these rights away from me.

Actually, when it comes down to it, the only thing you can come up with is the fact that I pointed out the difference between living near Heathrow and living near Hounslow.

You have singularly failed to grasp the basic reason behind this, and that is that you have a tendency to ignore basic FACTS in your postings. If you can't get something as simple as that right, even after being corrected, how you can expect anybody to believe any of the "facts" that you post on here?

If you had simply said, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake," then I, and probably a lot of others, would have thought better of you. Instead you keep raising this one aspect of my several postings and tout it to the world at large as some kind of proof positive that I have a problem.

Well, you know what, you are right. I do have a problem. And the problem is you. You now have one final chance to apologise, or I will do as I said I would and report you to the moderators of this forum for defamation of character.

The choice is yours.

And how exactly did I "throw the Club's hospitality" back in your face?

I had the temerity to say it wasn't the best game I had seen this season - I'm allowed my opinion.

I criticised your beloved program - again I'm entitled to my opinion.

I wasn't aware that shaking your hand and being introduced to your Chairman took these rights away from me.

Actually, when it comes down to it, the only thing you can come up with is the fact that I pointed out the difference between living near Heathrow and living near Hounslow.

You have singularly failed to grasp the basic reason behind this, and that is that you have a tendency to ignore basic FACTS in your postings. If you can't get something as simple as that right, even after being corrected, how you can expect anybody to believe any of the "facts" that you post on here?

If you had simply said, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake," then I, and probably a lot of others, would have thought better of you. Instead you keep raising this one aspect of my several postings and tout it to the world at large as some kind of proof positive that I have a problem.

Well, you know what, you are right. I do have a problem. And the problem is you. You now have one final chance to apologise, or I will do as I said I would and report you to the moderators of this forum for defamation of character.

The choice is yours.

Very well said, Sir. However, as a relative newcomer, a few things I feel I should point out to you:
1) clip Rods (this is the Hebrew translation of the name Cliff Rhodes according to an article he posted on here himself) lives in a cloud cuckoo land widely referred to as RhodesWorld;
2) grasping basic reason has always been beyond clip Rods, in much the same way as irony and sarcasm are well beyond his comprehension;
3) clip Rods never takes any notice of facts when they get in the way of a good story (you've probably already gathered this);
4) getting an apology from clip Rods is very, very difficult. You may get some buck-passing comment such as "I'll happily apologise if people feel I should" but the actual apology itself is very slow in coming - if ever!;
5) clip Rods will probably try to respond to me over these comments even though he knows full well that I've been ignoring him and not responding to him for several weeks now (ever since he promised to leave the forum forever and failed to honour his word) but he'll probably see it as a way of diverting attention from having to respond directly to you for as long as possible.

Football Man - To be fair he did come onto the Soap Box and said that he wouldn't be turning up at Southend Manor because it was raining!

What mistake is that exactly, I said you lived near to Hounslow which you do don't you.
It's interesting that you are the only regular from another's Forum to come on here to argue the toss which wouldn't suggest that you have a problem, that's perhaps a bit strong, but it does suggest that you can't just let things rest infact there was no need for you to come on at all following your ill fated visit to the Copthall Stadium.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
beer2 next time your in southend area i will buy you one...or several!!!

And what happened to you on Sunday? !!!

sorry mate....plenty of time next season for you to get the drinks in!
btw what was the score?

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
What mistake is that exactly, I said you lived near to Hounslow which you do don't you.
It's interesting that you are the only regular from another's Forum to come on here to argue the toss which wouldn't suggest that you have a problem, that's perhaps a bit strong, but it does suggest that you can't just let things rest infact there was no need for you to come on at all following your ill fated visit to the Copthall Stadium.

How do you know that I am the only regular from the TK site to come on here? I recognise quite a few of the user names which are common to both, but then I take a look around all of the Fans Focus site not just one league.

I initially took a look at this site out of curiosity following your recommendation. After I saw what you posted about me I stuck around in order to exercise my right of reply to your rubbish.

I have now become a regular on here, as well as TK, because, with the exception of a couple of posters, well one, I like what I read on here.

As to my inability to let things rest all I can say is pot, kettle, black.

By the way, I never said there was anything ill-fated about my visit to the Copthall, I actually enjoyed my visit. It is your attitude since that has soured the occasion.

Special1 - I know you are currently taking a back seat but will you be sitting out the Inner City World Cup this year or still getting involved despite there being a 'proper' Portugeuse team taking part, I think there is still a place for your undoubted enthusiasm, albeit from the sidelines. Here's a blast from the past for you to wet your appetite:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/image_galleries/lovefootball_gallery.shtml?4

• 3 weeks later...

Special1 - As you returned to the fray, albeit briefly, yesterday, you still haven't answered the above question, what are your plans for the Inner City World Cup this year if any.

Special1 - You can bury your head in the sand all you want however there is no getting away from the fact that you let Hector Varela slip through your fingers and now he is Head Coach at the most famous Amateur Football Club in the World, what have you got to say to that.

I'm afraid there is no escape, Special1 cut off his nose to spite his face by not 'employing' Hector at Sport London e Benfica and as a result has paid a huge price, good Coaches don't hold grudges!