Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Italy in the Inner London World Cup

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

Italy have entered a team in the Inner City World Cup for the past six or seven years, they usually do okay but they're no World beaters and struggle against the big Countries such as Colombia for example who have won it twice and finished runners up in the last four years:

http://www.communitychannel.org/content/view/911/75/

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Italy have entered a team in the Inner City World Cup for the past six or seven years, they usually do okay but they're no World beaters and struggle against the big Countries such as Colombia for example who have won it twice and finished runners up in the last four years:

http://www.communitychannel.org/content/view/911/75/

How do people from Colombia get to live in the UK Rhodes?

PetetheGreek - I will check but I very much doubt it, I think only the major footballing Nations bother to enter the tournament held in Regents Park and although Cyprus and Greece represent a very high percentage of the Community in north London I don't think they are that bothered or interested. Having said that you may wish to get a team together from the KOPA League and enter, you could also put yourself forward to officiate which could go down on your CV.

Originally Posted By: Horace

This is a can of worms that Rhodes is opening up and the organisers of the tournament will not thank him for it. I have asked Eagles not to get involved.

But to answer your question, you would have to have resident rights to play in the tournament. Therefore, if you come from a non-EEC country, you would have to be here on a work or student visa, as an asylum seeker or have an EEC passport. Portugal does not have this problem as Portugal is part of the EEC, and yes Rhodes we do have people who have origins from Africa, India and Macau due to our country's history, similar to the UK commonwealth (they have legitimate rights to Portuguese Citizenship unlike what Mr Rhodes, the ignoramus, is trying to make out. We were asked to show the proof of passport on several instances and did so without hesitation).

Going back to your question, people from Colombia, prior to 1997, seeked asylum to stay in the UK, however, since then, asylum is too difficult and long winded and I have seen a report that 7 out of 10 people from Colombia have entered with a purchased Spanish passport as a last resort.

Most Non-EEC people seek a similar root and as the tournament covers 32 different countries, the foreign office would have a field day and that is why the registration process at the said tournament is a farce and potentially an insurance and security nightmare. No registration cards, proof of residency etc.

I have never contested this because it is what it is, a football tournament. What I did contest, however, was a simple competition registration rule that was clear and for all to see, that the teams we were playing had no registration bands as specified by the competition, with nothing to do with doing the job on behalf of the Foreign Office.

If they can't get a simple thing like registration bands working, I am afraid it can only be called Mickey Mouse. That is why I will no longer take part in it.

Originally Posted By: Special1
Originally Posted By: Horace

This is a can of worms that Rhodes is opening up and the organisers of the tournament will not thank him for it. I have asked Eagles not to get involved.

I'm not a grass but it was Horace that started it whistle

going back to the said thread... Can I play in the Italian team as my mum is 5ft nothing - has a firey temper and loves pasta and pizza!

I have a full UK passport and was once banned (now finnished) from entering Italy due to technical reasons beyond my control grin

How did you get banned from entering Italy? It's just when I get married next year I've got to do a second reception in the Italian town of my girlfriends Dad!!

NF, you really should save your money and only do the reception in Italy because I guarantee that it will have enough food for both receptions and several more parties you want to throw. smile

I hope your fiance knows you like to keep fit (sorry different thread) biglaugh

Now I understand all this built up tension you have ... a good Italian girl with a Roman Catholic upbringing. She's holding out till the Wedding Night, isn't she? evil2 bounce

Originally Posted By: Special1
I have asked Eagles not to get involved.

All I have got to say about your extraordinary rant, as that's all it was purely on the basis of sour grapes, is that I rest my case, you clearly are Eagles1981.

When is the inner city world cup?

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
I would like to play for the English team.
Who do i write to ?

I don't believe an English team bothers to enter