Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What needs to be done in the next 3 months ?

Originally Posted By: Darter
Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
I think prematch catering would work well with people like myself who travel quite a distance and then arrive at the ground early for a good natter. The thought of a hot pie waiting in the bar where you could sit down and eat it is appealing.

And peas. Pie and peas ...
Yes it's a great idea. Better than getting it during the game. Hi Keith x

Would that be Mushy Peas?

what we are looking for in the close season are;

1) A positive statement on the new stadium and PR campaign getting locals right behingd it

2) campaign for cheap entrance for locals young & old.

3) Trumans end back to former glory, paint the [****!!****] roof and get the terraces back

4) seats removed from aforementioned trumans end

5) seats from end spread between geek corner and away end with stands/roofs above them

6) seats in geeks corner given to local schools / youth clubs etc.

otherwise think we have it about right.

Thou shall always support thr Fleet

One last thing

Car park and entrance to the away end needs sorting. Not a big fan of giving away fans too much, but the walk to the swanscombe end turnstiles thru the mud and puddles ( whatever the weather) is a shame on the club, and no wonder gives away fans a poor view of our club & ground.

Jim, Thanks for all those. If they dont get done, it wont be for the lack of members pushing for these to be done.

Then, what will it be down to? Surely, if enough memebers want it done, the MyFC Board have no other option but to agree, et voila!

Wobbly's point about the away end is all too true.

I have not been up there for years but felt a bit embarrassed seeing the people queuing for Wembley tickets stood in it.

I remember seeing that completley flooded in the past.

It needs to be sorted.

Get rid of the busyard as well. Is that actually in the car park?

The small parking area at by the front gates , should be made a area for disabled parking only.

It looks like yellow lines are going to be placed down the road towards the bridge, to force people into using the station car park. This will make the walk, if not impossible very uncomfortable, to anyone with walking disabilities/problems.

As far as I understand the only allocated disabled parking is at the away end of the ground. Which the disabled person/s have to wade through puddles and uneven ground. Once they are in the ground. They then have to make there way, at least half if not virtually all of there way around the ground, unless you want to sit in the main stand, which is cramped and not very disabled friendly, so the plough end is the obvious place to go. Which probably amounts to nearly having to walk the same distance as from the station car park in the first place. And once they get there they would have to stand up, as wobbly wants the seats taken out, so that the old and infirmed have to go back to standing.

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
as wobbly wants the seats taken out, so that the old and infirmed have to go back to standing.

If you read my post again, I am saying move the seating, not remove from ground entirely. the old and infirm would still have a place to go, and we would have the terracing back behind the goal.

make geek corner the family seating area, and then the young and old alike can sit without being in close proximity to the industrial language that is currently heard from those trying to create an atmospere behind the goal.

Then everyones a winner.

Originally Posted By: Special K
Well we know the seating in the Plough End is there to stay as it is an requirement for this level. Get rid of it and we will get relegated. If we want to add more capacity to that stand extend the seating to the end of the stand on each side.

I think you will find it is a requirement for the next level up, not this level. And even then it is not a requirement to have seating in the plough end. The requirement is to have a certain amount of seats, where you put them is upto the club as long as H&S requirements are met.

Thou shalt always support the Fleet

There is a church near a junction in York that has a board outside it with very few words on, but they are big enough to catch the eye everytime you pass by. I wondered if it was feasable to have a board near to the turnstyle to display simple messages, eg " Under 16 Season Ticket

There is a church near a junction in York that has a board outside it with very few words on, but they are big enough to catch the eye everytime you pass by. I wondered if it was feasable to have a board near to the turnstyle to display simple messages, eg " Under 16 Season Ticket

Don't get me wrong though I would love to see the terrace back if it was at all possible.

Oh and YorkFox that sounds like a very good idea to me. Maybe we could have a few more advertisements in Gravesend Town Centre. And I am talking big Billboards advertising all the home fixtures for the season. Maybe even the odd eye catching poster in the train station too.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: Darter
I think prematch catering would work well with people like myself who travel quite a distance and then arrive at the ground early for a good natter. The thought of a hot pie waiting in the bar where you could sit down and eat it is appealing.

And peas. Pie and peas ...
Yes it's a great idea. Better than getting it during the game. Hi Keith x

Would that be Mushy Peas?

Been away, sorry - no internet access ... well, I personally prefer processed peas, but they are all good !

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
Originally Posted By: BustaGut
as wobbly wants the seats taken out, so that the old and infirmed have to go back to standing.

If you read my post again, I am saying move the seating, not remove from ground entirely. the old and infirm would still have a place to go, and we would have the terracing back behind the goal.

make geek corner the family seating area, and then the young and old alike can sit without being in close proximity to the industrial language that is currently heard from those trying to create an atmospere behind the goal.

Then everyones a winner.

The seats where put in because we couldn't afford to make the Terrace safe.

How are we going to afford to move them?

Who would want to sit in uncovered seats?

Having removed them we would be back where we where before they where put in...the terrace would be closed again. We still can't afford to have it repair it.