Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What needs to be done in the next 3 months ?

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
The small parking area at by the front gates , should be made a area for disabled parking only.
It looks like yellow lines are going to be placed down the road towards the bridge, to force people into using the station car park. This will make the walk, if not impossible very uncomfortable, to anyone with walking disabilities/problems.
As far as I understand the only allocated disabled parking is at the away end of the ground. Which the disabled person/s have to wade through puddles and uneven ground. Once they are in the ground. They then have to make there way, at least half if not virtually all of there way around the ground, unless you want to sit in the main stand, which is cramped and not very disabled friendly, so the plough end is the obvious place to go. Which probably amounts to nearly having to walk the same distance as from the station car park in the first place. And once they get there they would have to stand up, as wobbly wants the seats taken out, so that the old and infirmed have to go back to standing.

There is a disabled area at the front of the main stand right alongside the home bench....the language can get a bit fruity when we are losing but Liam will just have to learn to live with it. happybouncer

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
as wobbly wants the seats taken out, so that the old and infirmed have to go back to standing.

If you read my post again, I am saying move the seating, not remove from ground entirely. the old and infirm would still have a place to go, and we would have the terracing back behind the goal.

make geek corner the family seating area, and then the young and old alike can sit without being in close proximity to the industrial language that is currently heard from those trying to create an atmospere behind the goal.

Then everyones a winner.

The seats where put in because we couldn't afford to make the Terrace safe.

How are we going to afford to move them?

Who would want to sit in uncovered seats?

Having removed them we would be back where we where before they where put in...the terrace would be closed again. We still can't afford to have it repair it.

we now have backers and access to funds we did not have before.

agreed , no one would sit in uncovered seats in inclement weather , hence the ones at Barnet behind the goal being empty for most games, so cover them !
As mentioned before we are not the purse string holders, we are being asked for ideas of what we want. This is what I want.

I am glad you are aware of how much we have to spend, because I dont.

Thou shall always support the Fleet

If we aim to be more of a family club, what can be done for the young ones? get Kenny selling candy floss and pop corn along with the programmes baloons2

A mini-carnival - one of those inflatable ball jungles for the kids to climb into and bounce around in, maybe a goal to shoot into or a skills section, where kids can try to dribble around obstacles and the one with the quickest time gets a prize and have one of the bench/reserve players be there for a short time to meet the kids and sign autographs.

In a way, to get the kids to come, you have to give them something else to do there as well as see the game. I just finished covering several high school state tournaments and one of the tourneys had something just like what I described. It was packed with kids.

With the latest 'hike' in Barclays Premiership season tickets prices and no doubt more rises to come with the matchday prices as well the Club needs to exploit the successes of last season and attempt to attract those who would usually attend games in London.

As has been said in the media the big boys now seem more interested in the corporate pound than the true fans. It just goes to show how out of touch the top flight are with their traditional fanbase. Families are hard pressed what with tax, food and fuel prices increasing but Barclays Premier Clubs blindly increase their prices by as much as 17.5 per cent in some cases !

How about the Commercial department getting together with the Gravesend Reporter and Gravesend Messenger to publicise the fixtures for next season, when known. An A5 leaflet included free with the papers would be a good start. Both publications did really well with their Wembley coverage, let's see them build on it.

Have posted the following on the MYFC forum and also submitted for an article.

Your be glad to hear this is my last attempt at trying to get the Club to act on these idea's as I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again as much as I'm sure everyone is tired of me moaning about them. smile Hopefully MYFC and the Club will take on board some of the very good suggestions by everyone. Article below:

This article is the result of a question posed by Yorkfox to Ebbsfleet fans at the fanfocus.com forum. The question asked was, "what needs to be done in the next 3 month's?" at the Club.

This question is particularly relevant given the comments of the Fleet Management duo in the local papers last week. Alan Kimble (Assistant Manager) is quoted in the Gravesend Messenger as saying "It's taken three long hard years, we've progressed on the pitch no end but behind the scenes we need to progress as well. We've gone a bit too quick on the field and stood still off the field." Similarly, Liam Daish in The Reporter, remarks with reference to Michael Bostwick's departure to Stevenage, "We missed the boat really or, at least, the Club did. I would not say I missed the boat because I wanted to sign them to longer deals."

For many years now Fleet regulars have frequently posted ideas the Club needs to act upon to move forward and keep pace with footballing developments. Sadly, most suggestions either fall on deaf ears or have not been given sufficient time by the Club to be a success.

Below is a selection of current proposals suggested by Fleet fans in response to Yorkfox's post "What needs to be done in the next 3 months?" All the idea's presented can be easily achieved in this 3 month timeframe and for the good of the Club and MYFC needs to be progressed:

1) Improve the toilets at the ground. The toilets alone are the reason why some families won't attend games.

2) Allow all "U16's" in free when accompanied by adults for the first 5 games of the season. Advertise this offer in the local papers and build upon the momentum gained from Wembley. Gravesend is not a wealthy area and given the current economic conditions many families might opt to take the Club up on this offer. This initiative has been done in the past and proved popular. Allow no more than 3 kids per Adult to avoid "gangs of kids".

3) 3 or more schools to be given free tickets per game. Kids are the future fanbase of the Club!

4) Matchday posters to be distributed to the 50 plus pubs, reminding locals of their day out at Wembley and forthcoming fixtures. How many pubs took coach parties to Wembley? Lots!

5) Improved catering at the ground, with pre-match food served in the bar for travelling MYFC members.

6) Regular updates on progress relating to the rumoured new ground.

7) An "Open Day" for fans at the ground, where the FA Trophy can be viewed, along with face-painting for kids and other forms of entertainment. This could be done as part of a pre-season friendly.

8) The provision of decent TV's in the Club bar.

9) Disabled Parking access to the ground needs to be examined. Current access is believed to be at the away end car park, which involves negotiating mud and puddles. This image also projects a negative image of the Club to away supporters generally.

10) Digital LED boards could be erected both inside and outside the ground displaying future fixtures and special offers such as junior fleet membership. See: http://www.ledbillboards.co.uk/gallery_led_billboa rds.html

11) Improve the "friendliness" of the Club. This ranges from the guys on the turnstiles, stewards to those selling food. If individuals in these positions cannot afford a smile, or basic manners such as thank you when taking money get rid of them as this reflects badly on the Club. This might seem a harsh comment, given that most people in these positions do an excellent job but there are a few individuals that are real "miserable buggers".

12) An improved presence in Gravesend Town Centre, with shops being asked to display matchday posters and people regularly handing out leaflets.

13) Improved Advertising and marketing of the Club. This falls into a number of area's including re-designing the Matchday Adverts that go in the local press. Charlton's adverts are both eye catching and effective as demonstrated by the number of locals attending their games.

14) Other forms of advertising to be improved by the Club in the local press include properly advertising the many special deals the Club offers such as Junior Fleet Membership. How many local families know they can buy a season ticket for "little" Johnny" for

The behind the goal seating was still subject to outstanding finance according to Brian K at the meeting aranged for supporters during last season to explain the MyFC deal. Assuming that this is still to be repaid, the additional cost of removing the seating to another area of the ground would simply add to the debt. In short it will not happen. I think that those wanting it to be moved will simply have to get used to the fact that it is there to stay.

Regarding the pot holes in the carpark, I agree that these look awful but it is low priority. Also I believe that the Club do not "own" the area where the carpark is situated, although that does not mean that it may no longer have responsibilities for its upkeep.

Originally Posted By: kmj
The behind the goal seating was still subject to outstanding finance according to Brian K at the meeting aranged for supporters during last season to explain the MyFC deal. Assuming that this is still to be repaid, the additional cost of removing the seating to another area of the ground would simply add to the debt. In short it will not happen. I think that those wanting it to be moved will simply have to get used to the fact that it is there to stay.

Regarding the pot holes in the carpark, I agree that these look awful but it is low priority. Also I believe that the Club do not "own" the area where the carpark is situated, although that does not mean that it may no longer have responsibilities for its upkeep.

No disrespect, but isn't it the 30,000 that now set the priorities ? have they spoken ?

If the the club do not 'own' the carpark , then even better put a claim into landlords for upkeep, wouldn't want them sued when someone trips in the potholes would we. Anyone know a good solicitor ?

I am not a member of MYFC but can I suggest they have a whip round to bring the terraces back. Should appeal for those that are traditional element and joined MYFC for the good of the game. ( Which they all did didn't they ?)If they all put in 3 or 4 quid each we'll be sorted.
yes I know it ain't going to happen - But isn't this a thread where we post our wish list.

Thou shalt always be Fleet

I can only speak for myself, but I wonder if it makes sense to put a lot of capital into a ground we don't own if we're moving to a new stadium in the not-too-distant future? How do we balance the needs of the current ground with prudent investment? No agenda here, just genuine questions about the best way to spend what are still limited funds. (Most of the MyFC money the first two years is earmarked for the club's debts.)

Originally Posted By: rsheard
Most of the MyFC money the first two years is earmarked for the club's debts

Thats the BIG problem rsheard - currently losing 20-30k on a monthly basis. If nothing major changes, the MyFC money will only EVER be used to plug the debt gap.
Maybe some changes have to be implemented at the ground to start getting the numbers up. Can the club afford not to make these changes all the time there is no definitive statement regarding new stadium? Am not referring to major works, (ie moving the seats) but to things like the toilets, catering, etc.

Not just the catering, Keith, but it would be nice to have a bit of cover whilst in the 10 minute queue for a cup of tea and gristleburger. At present, all food outlets are open to the elements, putting people off (if the food hasn't already done that!!) .

One problem I see ids the time factor.

MYFC do seem to be all talk and no action.

Lots of ideas from the regular fans.

"Great ideas" reply MYFC.

Then nothing significant happens.

The trouble is, is is ALWAYS going to be the locals/usual crew doing all the work.

I admit that I don't do a lot - work/domestic committments prevent that, but people simply aren't going to travel 250 miles just to spruce up the ground, or unblock the toilet drains.

PatMan, I don't think it's a problem per se. It was always going to be the case that the first two years would be funding the actual purchase. After that, the bulk of the funds from MyFC every year won't be tied up in that debt reduction.

The idea of the ongoing losses, however, I agree with you completely. We need to raise more revenue and get more people in the ground.