Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AGM Day - who will win the top accolade?

The name on everyone's lips at today's AGM will be Cliff Rhodes. Never mind the new constitution, rule changes, special long service awards etc, the biggie is - can Cliff repeat his success of last season and pip Jane to the Division One best programme award? If he does, who will collect the award? Will Jane be able to contain herself?

p.s. Happy birthday Rhodes!

Horace - Personally I think Hoddesdon will claim back the coverted award they lost a year ago but if 'we' do retain it then I assume Willo the Cat will go up and say a few words on my behalf.

Normal service was resumed!

Premier Division : Chalfont St Peter

Divison One: Hoddesdon Town

Division Two: The 61 FC

Houghton Regis Cup - Harefield Utd

Club Secretary's Award - John Bacon (Haringey Borough)

Alf Joyce Trophy - Peter Wade (Brimsdown Rovers)

Napier English Sportsman Award - Langford

Special Award - Kingsbury London Tigers

Best playing surface

Premier Division - Oxhey Jets

Division One - Hoddesdon Town

Division Two - Pitstone & Ivinghoe

Best programme

Premier Division - Chalfont St Peter

Division One - Hoddesdon Town

Division Two - The 61 FC(Luton)

Manager of the season - Jamie Jarvis (Beaconsfield SYCOB)

Golden Boot - Dan Heron (Bigglewade Town)

Match Officials Awards

Club Assistant Referee - Andy Gray (Langford)

Sportsmanship

First team - Bedford Town Reserves

Reserves - Hoddesdon Town

Hospitality of Officials - Oxhey Jets

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Club Secretary's Award - John Bacon (Haringey Borough)

Not before time, many congratulations

Congratulations to Mr Bacon on his award.

Rhodes - Pitstone & Ivinghoe won the Division 2 award for best playing surface. Smart that Mr Ewen. Only sends his best officials to the best grounds!

P.S. Happy Birthday.

PetetheGreek - Were you at the AGM. Talking of best playing surfaces, dare I mention Oxhey Jets as you have to give them a lot of credit for getting their pitch right after so many problems in the past.

Other items of note from the meeting

League start dates

Prem/Div One/Div Two 9th August

Res Div One 16th August

Res Div Twos 6th September

FA Cup EP round - 16th August

FA Vase prize fund is to be increased by 30%

Anagram Records Trophy open to clubs not entered in the FA Vase

Ground grades F & G to be attained by 31/3/09

Proposed rule changes to be in by 31/1/09

HTFCew - What did Kingsbury London Tigers win the special award for and what is the Ald Joyce Trophy, I heard that Peter Wade was thinking of stepping down as Secretary of Brimsdown Rovers.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
PetetheGreek - Were you at the AGM. Talking of best playing surfaces, dare I mention Oxhey Jets as you have to give them a lot of credit for getting their pitch right after so many problems in the past.

No I wasn't at the AGM. Why would I be?

I look forward to visiting Oxhey Jets next season and seeing how good their playing surface is.

Will you be going to Oxhey Jets next season? wink

PetetheGreek - Well you might have thought you were up for an award and gone along on the off chance or else done a Football Man and gone to be seen like you did with the Premier Division Cup Final at Harefield United.

I think it's unlikely I'll be visiting Oxhey Jets next season unless I happen to be affiliaed to a Premier Division Club, at the moment that's looking unlikely as I'm enjoying the break from football but you never know, I would certainly have no fears of entering the lions den as it were.

Agree Blues, V&E best - some politics involved. Do you think that Hoddy is best Div 1 surface? How about Arlesey, or Ampthill?

Originally Posted By: blues06
v&e is stil the best surface in the league!! shocking decision!!!

Agreed and what about Hanwell Town and Cranfield United, both better than Lowfield in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
PetetheGreek - Well you might have thought you were up for an award and gone along on the off chance or else done a Football Man and gone to be seen like you did with the Premier Division Cup Final at Harefield United.
I think it's unlikely I'll be visiting Oxhey Jets next season unless I happen to be affiliaed to a Premier Division Club, at the moment that's looking unlikely as I'm enjoying the break from football but you never know, I would certainly have no fears of entering the lions den as it were.

I doubt if I was up for any of the awards!

As for the Premier Division Cup final, I was there to see one of the teams who I would be officiating at the Challenge Trophy final.

What was your reason for being there?

PetetheGeek - That's a lame excuse, why would you be interested in seeing Chalfont St Peter prior to the Challenge Trophy Final .......I was there with Hector Varela to support the SSML and their prestigious Cup Finals of which I attended three of the four, the Beaconsfield SYCOB v Chalfont blood and thunder affair did the league proud wouldn't you agree.

The other Assistant Referee and I were deliberatley allocated the League fixture a few weeks earlier between the 2 Challenge Trophy finalist by Mr Ewen as a way of getting to know the 2 teams.

Also at the Division 1 final was the Referee for the Challenge Trophy final. Will he also be under "investigation?"

I would agree with you that the Beaconsfield SYCOB v Chalfont St Peter match was a fine advert for the SSML. Excellent game and probably a better match to watch than the Challenge Trophy final.

I did notice Michael Mackay at the Premier Division Final infact I couldn't fail to as you were stuck to him like super glue all evening. ..........