Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What happened to Wagga mick?

Bit of a mystery this one. Waggamick last posted on our forum on the 15th April, but has been on the Ebbsfleet one up to the 26th June. I can't find any evidence that anyone's upset him on here, so who knows?

Hey Mick - you still alive out there???

It's pissing down in Wagga Wagga!

G'day you Pommy Bastards!

A combination of prolonged jet lag, returning to work depression, crap weather and my son being on Uni holidays(and dominating our computer) saw a more lethargic and less communicative WaggaMick over the last month or so.

Had a great holiday and Gazza's right..I went to the Trophy Final at Wembley (wotta ground!)and saw Ebbsfleet get up. In retrospect probably would've enjoyed a Town game just as much, if not more!

Ended up in Trafalgar Square drinking English Beer...I must've been drunker than I realised.

Went to a Sporting Lisbon v Benfica game in Portugal and a game in Verona.

Tackled a pickpocket in Athens and never want to see another historical building ever again.

I see Town has made plenty of new signings and has had a clearout...how's it looking for this season?

How come no golf scores for the 5th of July?

I'm off to Melbourne with a couple of mates tomorrow..sports extravaganza...Sydney Swans v Hawthorn..Aussie Rules at the MCG...Boxing on Sunday night...a mate of mine is fighting an Hungarian Cruiserweight...and golf at Kingswood...sandbelt course....magic.

Taking Wagga Sally and my mates wives...not quite sure what they are going to do!

I'll make sure I get to Ponders End on the next trip.

Great to be back on board.

Sitting up every night over here(1:45am now) to watch the Tour De France. Been addicted to it for years and a government station over here(SBS) does a full coverage of every stage.

Big chance of an Aussie taking it out...Cadel Evans.

Throw in next week's British Open...where I've backed Brit Nick Dougherty to win....I think he's been saving himself for it...it's the only way I can rationalise doing my dough on him in the last 4 European events!

Pope arrives here next week...no doubt he'll be seeking an audience with me and should I acceed, do you want me to get him to offer a prayer or two for ETFC this season? Or won't they need it?

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
I would love to see the Hawks play live again. Saw them at the Oval against West Coast Eagles back in the 90s for the Fosters Cup.

I've also been a supporter of the Hawks for a long time but when I went to the Oval I think Essendon were one of the teams and it became known as the battle of the Oval but I dont know why it looked like a friendly day out in south London!

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: waggamick
Sitting up every night over here(1:45am now)

Hi Mate,
Hoping to come over again at Christmas.

Where abouts in Aus are you ?

In Wagga Wagga OT.
Half way between Sydney and Melbourne....450 km to both.
250 km from Canberra.
On the main rail line between Syd and Melbourne.
65000 people...Uni, RAAF Base, Australia's main Army Training Base, big farming service centre.
Come and see us...plenty of room!

What's the deal with all you Hawthorn supporters?

Been a long time between drinks for the Hawks and were objects of derision for a while there with references to their 'culture'. It appears now that the druggies are out of the club and that they are firing on all four.

Western Bulldogs for me. Formerly Footscray...western(read working class) suburbs of Melbourne. They have been knocking on the door for the last couple of seasons and really do look like they could take out the Flag this year.

As far as 'battles' are concerned its ages since I've seen a good all in brawl at Afl level.

Don't have to go far though...local AFL games....Wagga Tigers v Mangoplah-Cookardinia or The Rock-Yerong Creek v Ganmain-Grong Grong-Matong pretty well guarantee you a 'blue' every Saturday.

The xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx is the result of nearby towns combining as the smaller villages diminsh in size.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
What's the deal with all you Hawthorn supporters?
Been a long time between drinks for the Hawks and were objects of derision for a while there with references to their 'culture'. It appears now that the druggies are out of the club and that they are firing on all four.
Western Bulldogs for me. Formerly Footscray...western(read working class) suburbs of Melbourne. They have been knocking on the door for the last couple of seasons and really do look like they could take out the Flag this year.
As far as 'battles' are concerned its ages since I've seen a good all in brawl at Afl level.
Don't have to go far though...local AFL games....Wagga Tigers v Mangoplah-Cookardinia or The Rock-Yerong Creek v Ganmain-Grong Grong-Matong pretty well guarantee you a 'blue' every Saturday.

The xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx is the result of nearby towns combining as the smaller villages diminsh in size.

Hawks were the first AFL team that I ever heard of and just stuck with it.

Used to go and watch the North London Lions during the summer but it was tame compared to a real game but still fun and made me wince when they crashed down taking a mark!

Tarts Game!!!

The only game in the world where a real star...Cameron Ling of Top side Geelong...suffered a depressed fracture of the cheek....and he actually looks better!

Thanks Enfield United...might only be 'One F in Enfield Town'..which is a great motto...but there is also an Enfield in Sydney...37 years ago, the site of an ugly clash between myself and Green Ginger wine.

I was woken by commuters on their way to work on a Friday morning as a I lay half on the footpath and half off, a hapless victim of that evil drink.

Couldn't even say Green Ginger wine without feeling crook for the next 10 years.

There will always be a part of me that will forever remain Enfield..it was my lower intestine or at least a good amount of my stomach lining I think.

I'm going to seek all of your assistance in the near future as a mate of mine wants me to go in a English Premier League Fantasy League..I said yes but I have little interest in the game at that level....I find local and lower division sport of any kind is more genuine.

Gazza...I can empathise with The Hats meltdown on the 17th...I played at Kingswood Golf Club in Melbourne yesterday...really nice course...and I was actually going alright(for me) when I hit a nice 7 Iron into a harmless(appearing)elevated green with the ball landing just short and about 3 metres from the pin...I was chuffed...a local we were playing with had time to say "Nice shot....but you're F**ked"...the ball proceeded to roll for about 15 metres back towards me, which saw me end up 10 metres off the green. Putted back on...just not far enough..and back it came to within a foot of my last shot...decided to pitch...same result....hitting my 4th by now...firm chip to about two metres beyond the flag(which was located on a ridge in the green) and the bloody ball rolled about 12 metres to rest just above a bunker...one more putt to about 4 feet and in for 7. S**t of a game..2 on, down in 7.