Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How......

andyetfc

can we be told in the Gazette that 'Steve was probably the most talented player in the squad' and that 'if we were to go up a division then he would be a vital cog in our armoury.'

'This level doesn't suit him and that he(manager) will be the first person to give him a call.'

I thought ETFC was a club which wanted young players for the future who could make a difference and get us out of this division. Do we really want to let players go who would be a 'massive asset' to a Ryman Premier or even a Conference club?

Stevie V playing in front of the back four and spraying passes around would be an asset to us next season and for seasons to come.

Oh well. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
can we be told in the Gazette that 'Steve was probably the most talented player in the squad' and that 'if we were to go up a division then he would be a vital cog in our armoury.'

'This level doesn't suit him and that he(manager) will be the first person to give him a call.'

I thought ETFC was a club which wanted young players for the future who could make a difference and get us out of this division. Do we really want to let players go who would be a 'massive asset' to a Ryman Premier or even a Conference club?

Stevie V playing in front of the back four and spraying passes around would be an asset to us next season and for seasons to come.

Oh well. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

I have not seen the article, but agree with where you are coming from, however ...
Do you not think the Manager is saying that this level of football is, how shall we say, not as refined as higher leagues and therefore the tactics to be employed would not accommodate the "luxury" of Steve V ?

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
In the article, Steve was credited as being a "luxury player"! A big shame to see such a good player go.

Too right. I think it's a great shame he's gone. In the Gazette, Stewart Margolis said...

"...at this level, players like him [steve Velandia] do not get a lot of protection from referees. This level doesn't suit Steve. In the Ryman Premier or even the Conference, he would be a massive asset. But he is a luxury player and at the moment we need players who are going to roll their sleeves up and grind out a results.

I sincerely hope he finds a club that suits his style. If we were to go up this season I would be the first person to give him a call".

It will be interesting to see how Steve Velandia gets on at another clun and it will be interesting to see if Stewart does contact Steve if we do get promoted at the end of the season!

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
.... But he is a luxury player and at the moment we need players who are going to roll their sleeves up and grind out a results........

Like Magona!! doh

So we retain the likes of Magona & let Valandia go?

Jones, Tickner, Hall, Magona, are others envisaging the same image & consequencies as me?

Lets hope Stewart & Mike install some discipline in the side, we know the likes of Jones & Hall CAN play so lets see if Stewart & Mike can suceed where the last management team failed.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
.... But he is a luxury player and at the moment we need players who are going to roll their sleeves up and grind out a results........

Like Magona!! doh

So we retain the likes of Magona & let Valandia go?

Jones, Tickner, Hall, Magona, are others envisaging the same image & consequencies as me?

Lets hope Stewart & Mike install some discipline in the side, we know the likes of Jones & Hall CAN play so lets see if Stewart & Mike can suceed where the last management team failed.

I've already stated my disappointment at Stevie V not being in next seasons squad, but as a squad player to be used for games that suit him.

This management have to make decisions though and they get nothing for failure or sympathy signings in their view and rightly so.

Lets face it we need strikers that can score goals we midfielders that can put in mammouth energy and effort, we need defenders who can defend very well and a keeper who is competent, above all they all need to be winners with the 'Cappello Winners' attitude in a mature disciplined manner.

I fully agreed with your last statement until I read the last two words and then I started to worry.

Please dont worry.

We need steel in the team at our present level with wide players who can get behind defences but at the same time we need to scrap as well particularly during the miserable winter months, but if the management have bought in the cream then we hope its the type that rises to the top.

It will be interesting to see whether Stewart's analysis that lack of fitness, and the resultant frustration, brought about the lack of discipline. It would appear that attendance at training is now much less voluntary than had become the case, and with pre-season training 4 times a week fitness levels ought to improve significantly.

Unfortunately, a lack of fitness does not always go hand in hand with a lack of discipline. Some players could be the fittest in the team but still receive bookings and sendings off because of their inability to play within the laws of the game.

Unfortunately, a lack of fitness does not always go hand in hand with a lack of discipline. Some players could be the fittest in the team but still receive bookings and sendings off because of their inability to play within the laws of the game.

Agree with you totally my friend.

Theres no reason why a committed guy playing Ryman League football is not as fit as he possibly can be and want to be disciplined as well. Its down to the character of the individuels and indeed the code of conduct of our club, our boys will only be as indisciplned as we allow it too be, the board need to have some control on the matter as well.

You've only got to see how well Dartford and Redbridge conducted themselves against us at our ground last season. OK it was Jims last game and one of mikes first but they were very proffessional and disciplined.

Not a hundred per cent how he went but if it was at Margolis' request then it reads like Manager Speak.

Too right. I think it's a great shame he's gone. In the Gazette, Stewart Margolis said...

"...at this level, players like him [steve Velandia] do not get a lot of protection from referees.Skilled but not robust? This level doesn't suit Steve. In the Ryman Premier or even the Conference, he would be a massive asset. Because the squad would be strong enough to have him on the list despite his weaknesses and be able to use him as an impact player. But he is a luxury player and at the moment we need players who are going to roll their sleeves up and grind out a results. Good skills but not involved enough nor worth the risk should he be undisciplined.

I sincerely hope he finds a club that suits his style.Thank God he's gone and we can find someone that plays 'my' style. If we were to go up this season I would be the first person to give him a call". And I know he would refuse.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I think everyone is in danger of overlooking Steve's study commitments, which would continue to impact upon his ability to train/play [as they did last season].

So he goes somewhere else to ply his trade even though he has studies to complete when we keep players who couldn't play every game because they were ill disciplined. doh Stewart even said that the club was not right for Kofi when I am sure that it was the other way around. Opinions are great, aren't they?