Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: TilburyFCfan

Im not going to say, we are going to lose am I?

No, but you must be quaking in your size nines though. What sort of a crowd are you expecting on Tuesday.

TilburyFCfan - Your results have been poor of late including reverses at beleaguered Hillingdon Borough and Enfield Town and home defeats to East Thurrock United as well as disappointing draws with Thamesmead Town and Leyton, how on earth do you expect to beat Royston Town on that form.

We are just a very good cup team.

Look at who we have beat this season:

Staines who have just gone up to the conference south

billericay

Harrow borough

Ramsgate

They we all in the premeir division

TilburyFCfan - All the above ring perfectly true having the misfortune to watch the game last night, for the record would you mind posting who the Referees were in each game, ie against Staines, Billericay, Harrow Borough and Ramsgate, and where they were from. Many thanks.

I wouldn't normally gripe but when an official calls all their players by their first names and finds it funny to joke with a goalkeeper after commiting a clear professional foul and issues only a yellow card it does become very borderline to view possible neutralness

Originally Posted By: Conrad

And yet he may have a point ...
East Anglian Cup
21/04/09
Hullbridge Sports 0 Tilbury 1
Referee Mr S Franklin
Waddayasay ?

To quote a famous tennis player, you can't be serious!

Oh this is getting ridiculas.......

We took our chanced you didnt

We beat you, you lost

Get over it

Did anybody give the Ref a lift home after the game in the round before ?
Just wondering.

grrr applause well done mate

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
I wouldn't normally gripe but when an official calls all their players by their first names and finds it funny to joke with a goalkeeper after commiting a clear professional foul and issues only a yellow card it does become very borderline to view possible neutralness

It's interesting when I hear these types of comments by other teams. Being relatively new to the league, we find the opposition has more common interests with the officials than ourselves and in most cases are on first name terms. There is an extreme lack of Middlesex County Officials in the league. Is The Watchful Listener stating that ssmfl officials can not be neutral at our games?

East Anglian Cup
21/04/09
Referee Mr S Franklin
Waddayasay ?

I have it on good authority that Mr Franklin is from Depeche Mode and Alison Moyet territory, ie Basildon, I rest my case.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

East Anglian Cup
21/04/09
Referee Mr S Franklin
Waddayasay ?

I have it on good authority that Mr Franklin is from Depeche Mode and Alison Moyet territory, ie Basildon, I rest my case.

I dont like where this is leading.

TilburyFCfan - If I were on the Royston Town Committee I would certainly recommend that the Club appeal against last nights result and request both a replay and the suspension of 'Referee' Mr Franklin pending investigations of siding with Tilbury.

Yes suspend the referee and put him in stocks in Royston town centre. And close Tilburys ground because they wouldn't let you in their bar. And build houses on it. And sack the Essex FA.

And And And

Whoa there slow down Tiger

Its only a game of football. It sounds as if the Ref didn't cover himself in glory and its great fun to have a wind up but surely no one is suggesting this poor man was cheating ?

Sometimes Refs have poor games fact.

Sometimes teams have off days fact.

Well done Tilbury.

Now lets move on.

Morning Rhodes.

Conrad - You may well joke however this is an extemely serious matter involving 'local' Referee, namely Mr Franklin, who appeared over friendly with Tilbury players on Tuesday evening and seemed to be siding with the Club in the decisions he was making. Furthermore he was coincidentally in control of the previous round when Tilbury won 1-0 at Hullbridge Sports and I will be interested to know how many other Tilbury fixtures he was allocated this season, hopefully TheTilburyfan can supply that piece of information.