Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

im sure mr hammond will get a rousing reception and any foul play will be dealt with by the referee accordingly! NF, be good to see you soon.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Jonno - I hope Hoddesdon will play fair today and won't kick Craig Hammond to pieces like they did in the corresponding fixture last season costing Royston Town promotion.
maybe we should have! The sod scored a hat trick!! : (

Jonno - That's no surprise, Hammond is different gravy and although Royston are his home town Club I'm not sure why he is selling himself short playing at Step 6 level when he's capable of far higher.

FoRM enjoyed their trip to Hoddesdon and good to see our friends from both camps.

Good game for the neutral too. Royston took the lead on 38 seconds with a well worked team goal but Hoddesdon stuck to their task and got a merited equaliser on the half hour. Royston got back ahead just before half time and a goal immediately afterr half time effectively ended the contest. Royston added a fourth in the fianl quarter and this worthy win guarentees them a top two spot.

Royston once again impressed but Hoddesdon gave as good as they got in the first and Royston had to work hard for the win although they deserved it in the end.

Good to meet FoRM (as always) and Jonno today in excellently sunny conditions. A great day for Royston Town as well as they just about, barring a miracle overhaul of their goal difference, have got their promotion and victory at Winslow on Tuesday evening will see them champions. I felt the first half was average with Royston failing to build on a 38 second opener and although Hoddesdon would have deserved to go in level at the break a goal either side of half time literally killed the game. The visitors controlled proceedings from then with Hoddy looking a little more jaded the hot conditions and I felt the final outcome was merited over 90 minutes. A quick word for referee Peter Saggers who I felt officiated superbly as he always does

We had Mr Saggers a couple of weeks back and he was definitely won of the better officials we've had this season.

Quote:

Royston Town can take the Division 1 Championship crown this evening should they win at Winslow United however who is promoted to the Premier Division with them is not so clear cut with ground grading playing an instrumental role. Hatfield Town, currently in third place, appear to be favourites with two games in hand of second place Kings Langley who Manor entertain next Tuesday, we have already put Royston to the sword here in what was surely the highlight of our season however went down disappointingly 2-0 to a robust Hatfield outfit last month when they were clearly determined to travel home to Hertfordshire with three points come hell or high water. By coincidence Kings Langley entertain Hatfield Town this evening in what promises to be a blood and thunder encounter at Hemel Hempstead

I think formality is a bit strong Rhodes. Last week I posted on here that Royston are a 1 man team, but having seen them in action at the weekend, Im prepared to admit that my comment was a little wide of the mark and they have a very good squad.

Sure, Hammond was always going to guarentee them enough goals to make them strong this year but they have other players who have stepped up to the plate.

As an intersting side note, one of our defenders had a bit of a verbal battle with Mr Hammond on Saturday. Craig called our player a cheat when he appeared to handle the ball. Our player replied "you're a cheat to yourself, playing in this league....!"

Touche?

Originally Posted By: Jonno
"you're a cheat to yourself, playing in this league....!"

Jonno - As much as I admire Craig Hammond there's a lot of truth in that, he is selling himself short.

Fair play to the lad, he's scored a ton of goals in the last 2 seasons at Royston, but yeah, perhaps he should now go and test himself at a higher level which he is obviously capable of.

And I dont say that cos as a Hoddesdon fan I want to see the back of him!!

(....ok.....maybe a little.....)

Jonno - as a Hoddy fan, you'll be seening the back of him next season anyway!

Originally Posted By: bosman08

I'm sure they will do better than the teams who went up from Div 1 last year.

Bosman08 - Surely they couldn't do any worse, Kentish Town and Haringey Borough have been hugely disappointing following their exploits in Division 1 last season.

I see Paul Attfield is all over the Non League Today Website like a rash heaping praise on his squad and rightly so, they have been the team of the season like Kentish Town were this time last year:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=56966

Originally Posted By: Jonno

Fair play to the lad, he's scored a ton of goals in the last 2 seasons at Royston, but yeah, perhaps he should now go and test himself at a higher level which he is obviously capable of.

What do you make of this link, it appears to be a tribute site to Craig Hammond but not originated by the great man himself:

http://craig-hammond.love.com/page/2

I wonder if Paul Attfield is attracting the attention of Clubs from a higher level. Perhaps if he were to be lured away the impressive Mr Hammond would be persuaded to join him.

This would not be without precedent as I recall. As the good people of Buntingford Town found to their cost when there entire first team followed Mr Attfield out of the door.

Still I'm sure there's nothing in it. "They're Royston till they die" aren't they ?

I don't think Paul Attfield will leave Royston with the excellent job he has started at Garden Walk only half finished, he's not the type of bloke to do that even if an attractive offer was put on the table by an Eastern Counties League Premier Division Club for example or a Bury Town, Soham Town or AFC Sudbury.

Yes, many congratulations and don't throw all the hard work away like Kentish Town and, to a lesser degree, Haringey Borough, have done this season, I think you are more than equipped and capable of challenging for a Ridgeons Eastern Counties League Premier Division place next season.