Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I see it was the Craig Hammond show again on Saturday against Crawley Green:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/default.aspx

Barney Rubble - Just one more can go up in addition to Royston Town, it will be a dog fight for the remaining place but it's looking like Kings Langley at the moment although it remains to be seen whether they would meet Premier Division criteria.

Originally Posted By: footballnut08

the pitch was indeed very playable as the winslow players trained on the whole pitch for 2 hours after the ref decided to call it off much 2 the delight of royston towns manager!!! the linesman who arrived before the ref said if he was ref the game would be played as the pitch was fine but this was not what the royston town manager wanted to hear and proceeded to approach the ref and tried and succeeded to get the game called off. i also hear that craig hammond was unavailable for royston so i must say it was very convienet that the royston management wanted the game called off! also the ref said the pitch was able to start and wouldve been alright for the first hour but after that he doesnt know what would happen! i didnt realise refs trained as weathermen aswell! i almost asked him for the lottery numbers!!! surely if u can start u have 2! winslow really wanted this game played even more so due to the fact royston didnt want 2 play! I must say ive played on more dangerous pitches in my time and also in the summer the pitches we play on are much more dangerous!

Dave - You may have missed this interesting post on the results thread, is it true about Paul Attfield as even without the prolific Craig Hammond you should be more than capable of beating Winslow United.

I see there is a fair bit about Royston in the Royston Crow with Paul Attfield featured heavily as per usual, it describes the game at Winslow United as 'being called off in farcial circumstances':

I see that Paul Attfield and his merry men are featured heavily again in the Royston Crow and the comfortable 2-0 Division 1 Cup win over Winslow United on Tuesday despite having a virtual youth team:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener

One result from last night not published
East Anglian Cup - First Round
Royston Town 3-1 Stansted (Essex Senior League)

There's a good coverage of Tuesday's East Anglian Cup game in the Royston Crow today:

The Royston Crow has a comprehensive report of Royston Town's visit to Sport London e Benfica last Saturday which appears to differ from Lato's version of events:

• 3 weeks later...

I see the Royston Crow are singing Craig Hammond's praises this week and rightly so:

A surprise defeat for Royston last night at Tokyngton Manor but I would hate to be in Hatfield Town's shoes on Saturday as they will suffer the backlash:

Uncle - you really will have to learn to deal with your obsession with me. Every time I post on here, it brings you out of your shell to make some sort of comment.

I wasn't at the match. but Rhodes says he was - I just wanted his take on the game, in view of the shock outcome - I had a Royston win as my Joker on the Prediction League, so it cost me dear!

Horace - Actually you did give the impression in your earlier post that you were hiding in the shadows at the Viking Sports Ground. It was a great game for the neutral and I was very impressed with Tokyngton Manor even though the pitch was a huge leveller making a ploughed field seem like a billiard table in comparison, well drilled Tokyngton certainly used it to their advantage. Royston, somewhat naively, tried to play their usual passing game on the floor but it was impossible and despite hitting the woodwork twice found themselves 2-0 down after just 20 minutes. Royston had the lions share of the second half but Tokyngton held firm and although Craig Hammond (who else) pulled a goal back from the penalty spot with 15 minutes left they never really got that close to equalising. A word for the Referee, Mr Starr from Borehamwood, who was excellent and allowed the game to flow throughout, it's a shame FoRM couldn't be arsed to attend despite Lato living almost on top of the ground.

Thanks Rhodes. Midweek football's a funny old game, isn't it? What with that game, and the Brache v Amersham result, how are you supposed to predict games?

Originally Posted By: Horace
Uncle - you really will have to learn to deal with your obsession with me. Every time I post on here, it brings you out of your shell to make some sort of comment.

I wasn't at the match. but Rhodes says he was - I just wanted his take on the game, in view of the shock outcome - I had a Royston win as my Joker on the Prediction League, so it cost me dear!

sorry old boy...merely asking if you were at that match as I wanted some info on a player....no worries... I'll ask rhodsey....smile

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
as I wanted some info on a player....no worries... I'll ask rhodsey....smile

Unc - Unfortunately Craig Hammond wants to stay at Royston, he lives there and wants to lead them to Step 4 next season.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Rhodes

2 5 New Bradwell St Peter v Royston Town

No prizes for guessing who scored four to bring his tally for the season to 36!

He hasn't scored against us before but made up for it in one game! The goals weren't scored against a recognised goalkeeper but Craig definitely possesses the gift of finding space in the box and hitting the target consistently. I was impressed with his display and for a change his attitude,which was faultless (last time we had a little exchange of words and more) and he was Captain on the day, which was a clever move by Paul. He will score goals at any level and without him Royston would be a different proposition but they are far from a one man team. Very young,talented and hardworking, but still beatable if you stop Craig. Something we obviously didnt do.