Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rhodes - I was at the game last night and Royston more than deserved their win, once again proving they are not a one man team as you so often implied.

Kingsbury are a decent side going forward , both teams hit the woodwork twice in the first half in the second Royston took complete contol and should have scored more than the three they did.

Will Ryan Wade feel Craig Hammond's boots? My answer is Yes and a lot of people will agree with me. However to you Wayne Rooney wouldn't be good enough to fill his boots but there you go

from what FoRM saw of Ryan Wade last weekend he needs to learn to:

1) keep his mouth shut and

2) pass the ball

Good player though with a proven Premier Division scoring record.

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener

Will Ryan Wade feel Craig Hammond's boots? My answer is Yes and a lot of people will agree with me. However to you Wayne Rooney wouldn't be good enough to fill his boots but there you go

Dave - I don't know where you get that impression from, it's common knowledge that I have a lot of time for Craig and hope to get to see him play for Histon this season however to compare him to a

Originally Posted By: sabj8
6-1 bad result......... but more bad news is that i heard Ryan Wade is close to returning to Broxbourne after scoring 4 goals in 2 games is there any truth in this!!!!!!

Funnily enough I heard the same story at the Hoddesdon v Potton game last night. Maybe Onekeown can shed some light on the matter.

Originally Posted By: Septimus
6-1 bad result......... but more bad news is that i heard Ryan Wade is close to returning to Broxbourne after scoring 4 goals in 2 games is there any truth in this!!!!!!

Funnily enough I heard the same story at the Hoddesdon v Potton game last night. Maybe Onekeown can shed some light on the matter.

Nice to meet you last night Septimus. Sorry I couldnt chat longer but the chairman had me running around getting drinks for the oppo's officals!!

Even if that was the case, which I'm sure it isn't, I doubt whether Paul Attfield would bat an eyelid, I still don't think Wade is the natural successor to Craig Hammond or, as I said, good enough to lace his boots, he's also not a born leader like Hammond was when he was at Garden Walk who wore the Captains arm band with huge pride.

Christian Troy - I wouldn't mind betting that a seven day approach from Paul Attfield for Jonathan Donoghue will land on your door mat shortly.

I thought I saw 'Dave' in the Proverbial in Stevenage this lunchtime!

Jonathan Donoghue cant get in the Colney Heath side and is yet to prove himself at this level yet so why would they want to get him!!!!! Royston have to do something quick cause the only person who ever looked like scoring for them was Ryan Wade and if he has left they will struggle to finish top half!!!!!!

Jonathan Donoghue cant get in the Colney Heath side and is yet to prove himself at this level yet so why would they want to get him!!!!!

Sabj8 - That really surprises me as he scored the winning goal at Brimsdown Rovers on the opening day of the season.

• 4 weeks later...

Although not Royston Town related this has to be worth noting, Peter Shilton will be in town on Monday to open a state of the art all weather sports pitch part funded by the Football Foundation and located at the Meridian School presumably fairly close to Garden Walk. I'll be surprised if Paul Attfield doesn't get in on the act to shake the great man's hand as supremo of the Town's Football Club:

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury%2Dsport/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=449607

When Royston were relegated from the Prem a few seasons ago and attracting crowds of around 20 odd in the SSML Div1 and struggling near the foot of the table I can only guess a kind man came forth with a few bob to turn their fortunes, therefore giving something that the locals could enjoy and relate to, and how it's paying off now.

Much better than we have in Milton Keynes where it would have been more creditable if Mr. Winkleman had invested in local footie so as we could have a Royston around these parts instead of hoiking a bloody South London club all the way up here, then building a brand new stadium which is now only part finished, aka MK Dungs.