Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Hurryup Harry

He will score goals at any level and without him Royston would be a different proposition

1) Yes including the Premiership
2) Tell that to Lato

but still beatable if you stop Craig. Something we obviously didnt do.

You should use the tacticts Kentish did last year to stop him - Get Hoddy to kick him off the park 2 days before you play them grin He came on for the last 15 against us and his ability to create his own chances out of nothing is second to none.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

You should use the tacticts Kentish did last year to stop him -

These you mean:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/willi2173/29d9a226.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

He will score goals at any level and without him Royston would be a different proposition

1) Yes including the Premiership
2) Tell that to Lato

Hammond is a good player I have never denied that however I repeat that Royston are from the evidence of the two games I have seen them play this year (how many times have you seen them play rhodes or are you just as usual relying on statistics?) as much of a one man team as Manchester United were last year when Ronaldo was scoring goals 'for fun' or Hanwell have been in the past with Keith Rowlands scoring loads of goals.

I see Craig Hammond is unsurprisingly all over the Royston Crow like a rash following his exploits at New Bradwell St Peter:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/default.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

An update from the Royston Crow on Royston's unusually lacklustre performance at Amersham Town on Tuesday and the inspired win over Cheshunt last night, I gather Craig Hammond's bicycle kick was reminiscent of Trevor Sinclair's for QPR some years back:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/default.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Kings Langley 1 - 2 Royston Town

An important win this for Royston in a hard fought game although not spectacular on the eye.

Craig Hammond headed the visitors into the lead and thats how it stayed until half time.

Intense Langley pressure gave the hosts a deserved equaliser on 50 minutes which put Royston on the back foot for considerable time.

Big refereeing decision changed the game on 75 minutes. Marc Bircham harshly adjudged to handle a cross with no Royston appeals penalty awarded and all were shocked by Bircham's sending off (second yellow).

Hammond converts penalty and Royston did well from then on with man advantage.

Abuse referee and assistants received at end of game was unacceptable from home players and spectators. The decision was harsh on Langley but as we all know it does happen in what was not an easy game to officiate.

Royston look well positioned for promotion now and with an 18 point advantage over third placed Hatfield Town that is a big ask to be overtaken!!

Correct me if i am wrong . The referee on the night was the same referee who officiated at the Royston v Hatfield game , who waved away - what the Royston manager called a "STONEWALL penalty to Hatfield ", and also decided to give a free kick against the Hatfield striker when the Royston goalkeeper should've been sent off . Are we all surprised , eleven yellow cards all season , only eleven missed timed tackles in nearly fifty games . Do me a favour . A great side no doubt but an even better referees secretary !

did anyone hear talksport this afternoon? Hawksbee and Jacobs had marc bircham on their show this afternoon. He was slagging off carl henry for sending him off last night. Sounds like the sending off was a joke but im not sure about putting his point across on national radio. Bircham is an ex pro so probably gets a bit more exposure. He was also bemoaning the general poor standard of refs in the ssmfl. On top of that he stated that there was a league official in attendance who told him as he left the field 'dont worry, that will get rescinded. . . ' nice to know the ssmfl are using the proper channels when dealing with discipline! I wonder if the powers that be heard the interview and what they made of such public criticism of an official? For the record, im no carl henry fan either!

Originally Posted By: robin hood
Correct me if i am wrong . The referee on the night was the same referee who officiated at the Royston v Hatfield game , who waved away - what the Royston manager called a "STONEWALL penalty to Hatfield ", and also decided to give a free kick against the Hatfield striker when the Royston goalkeeper should've been sent off . Are we all surprised , eleven yellow cards all season , only eleven missed timed tackles in nearly fifty games . Do me a favour . A great side no doubt but an even better referees secretary !

Robin Hood - Are you trying to say that Royston are in the position they are down to the assistance of match officials or am I taking your comments in the wrong context ??!

You know you are taking my comments in the wrong context . They're the best team in the league by far but they are the flagship team of div 1 and the south midlands league love them to the point where they can do know wrong . Marc Bircham obviously noticed it too !

good side but too dependant on hammond. If he goes elsewhere they will struggle in the prem

FoRM are pleased to announce that we are likely to be at Hoddesdon tomorrow (Saturday 4th April) for the visit of Royston. We look forward to meeting all our friends from both sides.

LATO - I half expected to see FoRM at the Viking Sports Ground last night as presumably you were at a loose end on a Thursday evening, in addition to the swarm of groundhoppers that descended on us like bees around a honey pot, from as far afield as Woking and Reading, the Haringey Borough gateman turned up as well as Peter Kemp from happy days gone by at Grosvenor Vale.

its been mentioned elsewhere that the official crowd for this game was only 11 (is this a swarm?). Seems like you have mentioned most of them above.

Who is Peter Kemp?

FoRM (glad to see you acknowledge its existence now) may well make an appearance at the SLB v Tokyngton Manor game.

lato, i look forward to seeing you and the clan there for a cuppa and a chin wag. Mention my name at the gate and you'll get. . . well. . . nothing really! There is a credit crunch on ya know! Make sure you make yaselves known to me cos im rubbish with names, faces and nicknames etc! Rhodes, if your ears are burning at around 3pm, dont blame us, it could be a number of people at various ssmfl games! Most likely Oxhey. . . . or Haringey. . . . or Kentish. . . . or Sport London. . . . .etc. . . etc. . . .

Good luck today Jonno, going to try and get down for a midweek game soon.

Jonno - I hope Hoddesdon will play fair today and won't kick Craig Hammond to pieces like they did in the corresponding fixture last season costing Royston Town promotion.