Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes, many congratulations and don't throw all the hard work away like Kentish Town and, to a lesser degree, Haringey Borough, have done this season....

I like how you managed to squeeze in a dig while offering your congratulations. Expert work Rhodes, even for a man of your high standards!!

Jonno - How has your Easter been, I see that Hatfield Town beat Sun Postal Sports this afternoon but doubt it will be enough to catch Kings Langly with just three games remaining.

It wasn't a dig as I was simply stating the obvious, as you know Kentish Town had everything going for them at the end of last season and you saw first hand what a great team and a great set up they had however they shot themselves in the foot and have paid the ultimate price, Royston Town certainly won't make the same mistakes.

King's Langley are irrelevant, as they are going to be relegated. Hatfield have to finish in top 3 (or top 4 if Bedford Town Reserves are above them).

Horace - Thanks for that clarification.

Incidentally when are you or your lieutenant HTFCew going to put today's results on the Mitoo site and update the Division 1 and Division 2 league tables as I'm working on Tokyngton Manor's programme for tomorrow night.

When the league press officer issues them! looks like he's waiting for the final result Bigg T v Bigg U at about 9.45!

you can pencil in Totternhoe 1 Markyate 1 as I saw that one, and Hatfield beat Sun Sports 2-0

Originally Posted By: Horace

When the league press officer issues them! looks like he's waiting for the final result Bigg T v Bigg U at about 9.45!

Horace - That's not ideal as it won't give me an awful lot of time to extract the three league tables from Mitoo tomorrow, blow them down to size which is a job in itself, print off the programme and put it together. If I could have at least done the Division 1 and Division 2 tables this evening it would have been a help. Do we know why the Biggleswade derby is an evening game, surely they would have got a far bigger crowd had it been played this afternoon.

Jonno - How has your Easter been, .

Awesome. Just got home, been on the norfolk broads with 11 mates since Friday, getting drunk, crashing boats and generally causing a nuisance to the good folk who were just trying to enjoy a peaceful bank holiday weekend.

You?

broadspic.jpg

Originally Posted By: Jonno

You?

Don't ask!

The Bigg U folks would never find the ground without the floodlights to direct them!

That's not ideal as it won't give me an awful lot of time to extract the three league tables from Mitoo tomorrow, blow them down to size which is a job in itself, print off the programme and put it together. If I could have at least done the Division 1 and Division 2 tables this evening it would have been a help. Do we know why the Biggleswade derby is an evening game, surely they would have got a far bigger crowd had it been played this afternoon.

You could of course always have the league tables done up in spreadhseet form on your own PC then its just's a matter of adding the information from the results as you get them. A quick phone call to Biggleswade at say 9.31 would get that result.

I always preferred to do my own league tables and information in a programme rather than cut and paste from standard league bulletins or websites..gives the appearance of a more personal publication. But each to his own I suppose.

Originally Posted By: Jonno

Awesome. Just got home, been on the norfolk broads with 11 mates since Friday, getting drunk, crashing boats and generally causing a nuisance to the good folk who were just trying to enjoy a peaceful bank holiday weekend.

broadspic.jpg

yes that just about clears a few issues up in my mind jonno...well done...

Originally Posted By: Lato

You could of course always have the league tables done up in spreadhseet form on your own PC then its just's a matter of adding the information from the results as you get them. A quick phone call to Biggleswade at say 9.31 would get that result.
I always preferred to do my own league tables and information in a programme rather than cut and paste from standard league bulletins or websites..gives the appearance of a more personal publication. But each to his own I suppose

LATO - Fair comment however I'm a bit of an IT dinosaur and would struggle with that approach, as you say each to their own. I just felt that Horace, HTFCew or whoever puts the results on the Mitoo site could have quite easily done Division 1 and Division 2 after the afternoon matches and revisited later after the Biggleswade derby. Incidentally I gather the offer was on the table for you to do the Tokyngton Manor's programme this season and, along with Spidermanor, play an instrumental role in the new Club but you both turned it down flat.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this link which may be of interest to Royston connections from earlier in the season:

http://roadfromwembley.typepad.com/the_road_from_wembley/2008/08/190808---eprr-r.html

I see that Royston Town Reserves even won the Challenge Trophy last night beating St Margaretsbury 3-2 in the final having been 2-0 down, is there anything they're not going to win this season:

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/news.php#news01

a very good win, the goal right on half time to make it 2-1 changed the game........Royston came out of the dressing room like a different team!

I see that Royston Town Reserves even won the Challenge Trophy last night beating St Margaretsbury 3-2 in the final having been 2-0 down, is there anything they're not going to win this season:

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/news.php#news01

east anglian cup

TilburyFCfan - If you are serious about winning on Tuesday evening then I assume the Club had a spy at Biggleswade Town this afternoon for the SSML Division 1 Cup Final involving Royston Town who won 2-0 without getting out of first gear. I'll be surprised if they need to get out of second gear at Chadfields on Tuesday.

you realise you were in a league below our step last season?

And it depends if we put out our first team which I expect we do.