Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town Centre Flyer Distribution - Volunteers?

DA11

Hi all just to let you know that we will be in Gravesend town centre again this Saturday before the Oxford game distributing flyers. Last week we distributed 600 so this week we have doubled it. Anyone interested in helping please PM me. We start at 10. Cheers. Mark

Originally Posted By: Yorkshire Fan
(Sorry to intrude - would just like to say thank you to DA11 for organising this regularly, and sorry I'm geographically and financially challenged enough to rule me out)

Cheers for the support YF. The organising is the easy bit. Just thankful we have some really decent people who support this club and are prepared to give up their free time when possible. Doesn't matter if you can't do it in person your support from afar is invaluable. To be honest we have have a good laugh (not sure if that is allowed but I'm sure a certain member will correct me)with the emphasis on getting new blood through the gates. It won't happen overnight and this is a long term project but a few turned up from it last weekend. Take care and Up the Fleet.

Originally Posted By: DA11
Cheers for the support YF. The organising is the easy bit. Just thankful we have some really decent people who support this club and are prepared to give up their free time when possible. Doesn't matter if you can't do it in person your support from afar is invaluable. To be honest we have have a good laugh (not sure if that is allowed but I'm sure a certain member will correct me)with the emphasis on getting new blood through the gates. It won't happen overnight and this is a long term project but a few turned up from it last weekend. Take care and Up the Fleet.

I wish I could join you DA11 but I work most Saturdays.

As you say, changing people's attitudes and behaviours is a long-term project but I am sure that you and the club will see the fruit of it by the end of the season. Just keeping the club in people's consciousness will gradually lead them to watching out for the results, maybe turning up for a game or two, and then getting hooked. It'll take time but it will happen as long as there is consistent publicity.

Keep it up! And if I get a Saturday off, I'll look forward to joining you.