Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anyone Near Stanstead?

I understand that some teams are within easy travelling distance from Stanstead, can anyone recommend a good one to follow. I do have transport but would like to hear about any grounds served well by public transport (not familiar with the area yet)

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Well obviously Bishop's Stortford FC (Conf South), it is a bit of a walk from the train station but pubs on the way! Sawbridgeworth FC is an uphill trek from the station but The Gate pub does always have a fine selection of cask ales and a Belgium bottled beer array to whet any appetite. In fact forget the football and stay in the pub.

Stansted FC is a heel blister from the station again uphill, pubs not so good... The Queens is better than The Kings but that isn't saying much, although The Dog & Duck is quite acceptable. Forget Saffron Walden FC as you need a private plane to then get from the station to the ground. Buses in this rural area operate on the derno principle. You just derno if one will ever arrive!

Further south, Harlow Town FC is across the concrete jungle from the main station and even further from Harlow Mill Station.

Go North on the main line then to Cambridge City or Cambridge Utd. Or just go South until the train hits the buffers and get drunk in Hamilton Hall. Always a great pint of London Pride in there.

When NF plays football he generally makes children cry. And the grown ups elephant

You've also now got Takeley which is closer to the airport than Stansted & if head east you've got Braintree, Witham & Halstead all within a 30minute drive. The bus links to Braintree are very good & frequent apparently.

Do not venture into Harlow to see Harlow Town

It is in Essex and you will need to be inoculated, and held in quarentine for several days on your return.

Small orphan children in Baghdad are, at this moment knitting beanie hats for the poor and disillusioned of Harlow

duck

I'd suggest Hertford Town FC as a team on the up, in that area duck

Thanks for all of the suggestions - I've finally worked out that it's 'Stansted' - (a deliberate error lol)

Hertford Town are about twenty miles from where we'll be living - I've checked out the website and it looks like a definate possibility for a Saturday drive out when we get back - I'll check out the fixtures from next week - I presume that the grounds are all pretty close to each other?

For those that haven't twigged I'm looking for a Ladies Vets team for next season (It's Terri with an 'i')but can't post on the Ladies Football site for some reason?

Don't mind the jokes folks but we are looking (gf & me) for a Ladies team - so in between the banter can we have some serious suggestions for teams please

Cheers

Terri