Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

QE Stadium

bdave

ENFIELD TOWN STATEMENT

Enfield Town FC is aware of the recent statement from the council regarding the development of the QE stadium. This is an exciting time for all involved parties as the decision on future use of the site comes closer. We welcome this positive approach by the LBE and the recognition it affords to Enfield Town FC. The Club has always made clear its desire to bring successful non-league football back to Enfield and see a central location in the borough at Donkey Lane, a short distance from the old Southbury Stadium as a major factor in doing that.

The club is more than willing to work with other parties and have held discussions with all the other affected groups during the consultation process. Whatever the outcome, Enfield Town FC would be delighted to work with all those concerned to make the QE stadium a home for sport in the borough, providing facilities for the whole community.

Council Press Release

http://www.enfield.gov.uk/press%20releases/2008/julsep/Stadium%20decision%20approaches.htm

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Naturally, no athletics track would be preferred but I am sure that we would be able to work with the athletics people and have a facility that we can all be proud of.

DISAGREE 100% with that Mr H.

Football inside a running track is CRAP.

No atmosphere etc etc.

Go to Ilford if that is want you want !!!!! What atmosphere have we Town fans ever created there ( even in the GOOD DAYS ) ..NONE

Go to Brighton's Whitdean etc etc.

Who will pay for this "extra" facility that will hardly ever be used. Not me, that is for sure.

Stay at Brimo, work with Brimo and the Council and develop the facility. No good dreaming of Conference footy - As a supporters funded club, we do not have the cash generation to pay for that level of football anymore.

Let's get real about this and not dream about "the good old days".

And finally...let's have a Members vote about playing inside a running track, before the Board sell us down the river.

Rant just begun !!!!

Originally Posted By: Arkwright
Wheel on/Wheel off terracing similar to that used at Chelmsford City takes care of the track getting in the way.

Arky,
I have not been to the new Chelmsford "Sports" Stadium yet.

Can you explain how this works.
May-be there is a solution to calm me ( and others ) down.

That's what I mean about working with people! If there is enough support for athletics at the QE stadium and it gets used properly then the local authority does need to look at the requirments fo all groups in the Borough. A facility that gets used throughout the year wouls be a credit to the area.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: Arkwright
Wheel on/Wheel off terracing similar to that used at Chelmsford City takes care of the track getting in the way.

Arky,
I have not been to the new Chelmsford "Sports" Stadium yet.

Can you explain how this works.
May-be there is a solution to calm me ( and others ) down.

They have 3 step (I think) terracing on wheels (Which are obviously lockable), that go on the running track behind the goal, & can of course be wheeled off when the track is needed for athletics.
Whouldn't help those who like to sit/stand on the sidelines I know, but it's a start.

So what happens to the 5 a side then and the loss of revenue the running track would cause ? I'm with old Towner and D of Y on this . And Hornchurch is another example . The game too far away from the fans and It will just hinder our progress .

Dont believe we are even contemplating a pitch with a running track around it, I do hope this is not going to happen & the council see sense & make the right decision that a football stadium is what is needed not an all purpose sports complex.

Let them build the track at Goldsdown Road there is more than enough space there!

Originally Posted By: big guy
reading all these comments to me it seems that everyone is happy to stay at brimsdown and not move. I think arky's idea seems a good one to me but hay who cares what i think anyway

I'm not happy at Brimmo, we'll always be a Ryman Divi 1 North team if we stay there, I hate the location its out the way and in the middle of residential houses, it's not good enough.

We are owed a Footy only Stadium and we should be given it. If we are to progress we need to move so everyone can have easy access to the community Stadium, at the same time we must not cut our noses off to spite our face.