Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Histon commentary

Hmm, the ref seemed very cavalier with the cards, but then, other teams will get him too ...

It's hard playing twice in 3 days, especially when there was a long journey involved. I think we would be very foolish to unsettle Liam, he is a damn good manager (or coach, depending on your point of view!) and I would think he'll be off anyway before too long, I'm sure he's ambitious.

we lost the match due to the ref

9 yellows, 6 for the fleet and 3 for histon including darius getting sent off 2 yellows!!

it wasn't a dirty game just the ref was on tv and couldnt stop blowing his whistle, the match couldnt flow.

i still think we havent got that player that can change a game for us

Originally Posted By: mikefleet
we lost the match due to the ref

Basically Mike that is not true.

It was a poor game played by two fairly average teams in an average league. Both teams are probably still recovering from Saturday let alone having to play this match tonight.

We lost because Histon scored and we didn't. They weren't better than us, they just managed to put the ball over the line. We could have kept the ball out and scored one ourselves.

Apparently we should have had a penalty? I did call for one but I was alone (again) in my calling.

It wasn't like we scored two perfectly decent goals after creating lots of opportunities. We created little and got nothing, it isn't rocket science.

The ref was poor but how many of the players were booked for kicking the ball away or arguing?

It was a clear cut handball, If the Ref didn't see it(and there was a player between him and the incident), the Assistant had a clear view and should have indicated it to the Ref.

With the new dissent edict being pushed to the limit by the FA, the Clubs should have made it abundantly clear to the players, they can't show dissent!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

With the new dissent edict being pushed to the limit by the FA, the Clubs should have made it abundantly clear to the players, they can't show dissent!

In any normal game with any normal ref, yes. But players are only human. After the appalling show this dumbass put on against Cambridge, I bet Gash couldn't believe he could be penalised yet again for being climbed all over and held down at every opportunity. The Respect campaign is all very well, but if referees are inconsistent - and this halfwit was as inconsistent as it is possible to be - then I'm afraid the odd bit of backchat is going to creep through.

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1

In any normal game with any normal ref, yes. But players are only human. After the appalling show this dumbass put on against Cambridge, I bet Gash couldn't believe he could be penalised yet again for being climbed all over and held down at every opportunity. The Respect campaign is all very well, but if referees are inconsistent - and this halfwit was as inconsistent as it is possible to be - then I'm afraid the odd bit of backchat is going to creep through.

To be fair Stu, how many times have you seen five or six players surround the Ref and contend every decision? It had to be stopped and the FA reacted with a no tolerance policy.
I said elsewhere the FA should look at Refs that hand out a lot of cards for dissent. Surely that is what the Refs assessor should be doing?