Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Spurs Legends Night

All the talk of Spurs reminded me....

Fund raiser for Wodson Park FC, desperate for your money as I want to be able to not have to pay subs every game!!! laugh

SpursEvePoster.jpg

A worthwhile cause I'm sure NF, but Coates & Beal are hardly legends are they. Old Ralphie good player though he was is a cult hero mainly because of his dodgy barnet in the 70's ! He was manager of your next door neighbours Ware in the 80's as well.

I hope it all goes well for the club though, even though I'll be performing a Halloween Karaoke in Stevenage that night !

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic

but Coates & Beal are hardly legends are they

Actually I beg to differ, if you were brought up on early 70's football and collecting the soccer stickers that were all the rage in those days they are very much legends, I remember Phil Beal was two a penny but Ralph Coates was more difficult to come by.

Any Spurs player that has won the league is pretty special if you ask me!! Anyway, just trying to get the message out should anyone want to go..

Ralphs son plays for our reserve / A team.. unfortunately no footie skills inherited from his dad, only his hair style / line laugh

NeutralFan - I'll certainly try to get there, do you want payment in advance and don't worry, I won't be cheeky by asking you to use the tenner you still owe me. I thought Ralph was a Northerner as he was with Burnley before he joined Tottenham, does his son live in the Ware area then.

He does. I beleive you can call Paul to arrange a ticket reservation which you can pay for on the night.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
NeutralFan - I'll certainly try to get there, do you want payment in advance and don't worry, I won't be cheeky by asking you to use the tenner you still owe me. I thought Ralph was a Northerner as he was with Burnley before he joined Tottenham, does his son live in the Ware area then.

Funny [****!!****] !

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Any Spurs player that has won the league is pretty special if you ask me!! Anyway, just trying to get the message out should anyone want to go..

Ralphs son plays for our reserve / A team.. unfortunately no footie skills inherited from his dad, only his hair style / line laugh

true but those two didnt!

they were one of the many legends to have won the much more prestigous league cup in a spurs shirt

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
true but those two didnt!

Ah, I apologise for my ignorance but I read the advert 'League and UEFA Cup' incorrectly (or did I?)

TheSpursFan - I may be wrong but didn't Ralph Coates score the winning goal for Spurs in the 1971 League Cup Final against Aston Villa.