Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays game

Albie78

first post ever _ from a point of view where i only see most home games (and only for the last 8 years) and considering all the highs and lows and gradual improvement in that time i honestly believe that we have a quality squad capable of a top 3-7 finish ...My gripe for a while now ! surely "Liam " can instill into the team the confidence that on the odd occasion we can build up play from keeper to full back through the middle etc instead of the precdictable big hoof ....i cant remember the last time i saw one of our players looking to take the ball off Lance they always look away avoiding all responsibility leaving Lance no options ....they are good players i believe in them give them the confidence to play otherwise we will be condemned to seasons of mediocrity...

I still dont understand the appeal of Shakes - I'd far rather have Danny Slatter in the team.

Charles played well, but where was the help for him on the first goal in particular, especially after the 1st effort hit the post? On the second, why had Sacha got sucked across rather than picking up the man at the back post?

Lance made several good saves, but his kicking was again aimless.

Gash & Moore worked hard up front without much opportunity to shine.

The midfield seemed to forget to move from the changing rooms.

Bowes did ok in his 45 minutes on the pitch.

We need to sort our full backs out though - Sacha is not having a great season on the left & theres no obvious direct replacement. The right back position hasnt been settled all season - Ricketts, Pooley & Hawkins having all played there, and none has been totally convincing defensively.

Returning to Charles, Brentford must have been mad to let him come for the whole season - hes our most consistent player by far and would almost certainly be capable of performing well at League 2 level, if not at an even higher level. I just hope noone sees him playing for us and makes Brentford an offer in January - if they were to do so, we could lose him mid year (unless we're entitled to him all season even if Brentford sell him??)

Worrying times at the moment, going on to another tough set of games. We have to get a result in the fa cup. Even then following on from that we have Burton and crawley away, kettering and cambridge at home, even Barrow will be able to get a point or three if we play like today.

recent form is a mystery considering how well we did against Torquay at plainmoor this season.

Whatever it is, it needs putting right, or it is going to be a long cold winter spell.

As the report on the official site confirms, it's our first four-game losing streak since the end of 04/05. However, that's for league games only - it's the last four games of 05/06 if you include all competitions (that run included the KSC final defeat to Bromley).

The previous run of four straight league defeats before 04/05 (in which we scored no goals in reply; at least this time we've managed one) was the first four games of 03/04 (when we had no forwards after the departure of Che, the Beast and Wilkins)

I'll take my anorak off now.