Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Changes at Stonebridge Road

Digitalis

Originally Posted By: Santa
Originally Posted By: Digitalis

Food

Using money donated by the Fleet Trust (thank you!) we have ordered kitchen equipment for the two food kiosks.

Was the away support catering facility part of the contract with the existing provider ?

Yes it was, we'll provide them with a catering van in the first instance.

David, could you please confirm that the present round of financial assistance received from the Fleet Trust will not simply be confined to the changes in the kitchen arrangements, even if you are unable to specify exactly what will also be undertaken at the ground.

Yes I can: Some of the money is allocated to put a roof on the men's toilets. And dryers and washbasins in them.

The rest of the money was intended to renovate the roofs. But the quote received was so far in excess of the initial verbal quote that it isn't practical. We are looking at other ways of approaching this and will discuss with the Fleet Trust when we have hammered out a couple of suggestions, with associated costs.

david can somethink be done about the car park, with all players family's whating in, the away teams and there directors, the club staff and our players parking plus matchday sponsor(with one guy saying he paid for a space out there) half the time there say there phoned or e-mail the club but there names r never down on the list. any chance u or some1 else talk to the stewards who do the car park work out how many space are needed or get some markings down so it not so block up most of the time and make sure names r on the list with staff and stewards as well, as the stewards keep get shouted at because there names r not on the list but think there can park in there anyway please

Already looking into it. There's spaces for about 50 cars altogether, plus the players should park in the bus compound (but tend not to sometimes because they get blocked in). I've asked the Safety Officer to do it by car reg. number in future and am arranging a walkie-talkie in the office so, if necessary, Cheryl can sort problems directly. We also need to get some concrete or tarmac down, it's in a real mess since the recent use by builders.

Bottom line is the stewards have to get stricter. If the number isn't on the list, they don't get in unless Cheryl okays it. It's not that much bother to park outside or in Eurostar.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
David, as you are sorting out the car park, I believe that none of the 10 year ticket holders have had their car park passes for two or three years now. (I know I haven't.) Perhaps you could rectify this.

Thanks

I have checked and been told several have received their tickets. Can I ask anyone who hasn't received theirs, for whatever reason, to contact the office. David, I have asked Cheryl to issue one for you, please either collect from the office or advise where it is to be sent. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
Bottom line is the stewards have to get stricter. If the number isn't on the list, they don't get in unless Cheryl okays it. It's not that much bother to park outside or in Eurostar.

I don't think my name or car Reg number has ever been on the list, but I have a Staff Car Park pass for this season which Cheryl gave me and I show this on entering the car park. I presume that's o.k. ?
I definitely need to get in that car park because the video equipment I have to bring with me nowadays weighs 'a ton'. It's a long walk round to the gantry and I'm knackered by the time I get round to that ladder ! (Getting old ! biglaugh )