Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Changes at Stonebridge Road

Digitalis

The second Quarter for John and I promises to be interesting, as we start to implement some of the changes that are obviously needed to the day-to-day running of the Club. It has not been possible to share some of the information with members which situations were negotiated, but we are now in a position to publish on 4 different items:

Food

You may remember we recently carried out a customer survey, and food scored bottom. Yesterday I notified our existing caterers that their services were no longer required, as we are taking the management of supplying food to the fans in-house.

Using money donated by the Fleet Trust (thank you!) we have ordered kitchen equipment for the two food kiosks. The target is to "go-live" at the Barrow match on 15th November, although there are some dependencies which could cause slippage. We are relying on the existing caterer to remove their equipment in good time so we can steam-clean the kiosks and fit with our own equipment.

The catering will be managed by Jo Wilson, who currently runs the Club bar using the same employment model with 6 staff.

We will be buying higher quality food, especially burgers and using fresh bread. We will also be introducing new foods, jacket potatoes with toppings, frankfurter hot dogs, a greater range of pies and perhaps curry and rice. As we get feedback from the fans, we will adapt the offerings accordingly.

Toilets

We will be carrying out basic refurbishments to the men's toilets. The luxury of a roof on the toilet behind the main stand (the end of an era!) plus washbasin and hand-drying equipment in both that and the "Sniper" toilets.

Staff

John and I realised that with the new profile of the Club, and more senior Marketing role was required. We decided, therefore, very reluctantly that the role of Commercial Executive was redundant and are currently completing the redundancy process with Greg Bettles. We thank Greg very sincerely for his efforts on behalf of the Club and wish him well for the future.

Barry Wicks (Wicksy) has been employed as Promotions and Marketing Manager. Most of you probably know Barry already, but for information: Barry has a wide network of contacts within sport generally (he held a EUFA coaching certificate and was a golf professional) and locally within all business ranges, from small businesses to senior management in corporates.

He has been an ardent fan of the Club for many years, was previously employed by the Club and gave massive amounts of his time as a volunteer helping to sell the Wembley tickets at the ground.

He is bursting with ideas and you will soon be hearing from him actively on the forums, trying to leverage the skills and resources we have among the members. Although Barry has only been with us for a week, already on Saturday the BBC were at the ground filming for a 9-minute documentary on the Club and MyFC. Please welcome Barry!

Originally Posted By: Digitalis
The second Quarter for John and I promises to be interesting, as we start to implement some of the changes that are obviously needed to the day-to-day running of the Club. It has not been possible to share some of the information with members which situations were negotiated, but we are now in a position to publish on 4 different items:

Food

You may remember we recently carried out a customer survey, and food scored bottom. Yesterday I notified our existing caterers that their services were no longer required, as we are taking the management of supplying food to the fans in-house.

Using money donated by the Fleet Trust (thank you!) we have ordered kitchen equipment for the two food kiosks. The target is to "go-live" at the Barrow match on 15th November, although there are some dependencies which could cause slippage. We are relying on the existing caterer to remove their equipment in good time so we can steam-clean the kiosks and fit with our own equipment.

The catering will be managed by Jo Wilson, who currently runs the Club bar using the same employment model with 6 staff.

We will be buying higher quality food, especially burgers and using fresh bread. We will also be introducing new foods, jacket potatoes with toppings, frankfurter hot dogs, a greater range of pies and perhaps curry and rice. As we get feedback from the fans, we will adapt the offerings accordingly.

Toilets

We will be carrying out basic refurbishments to the men's toilets. The luxury of a roof on the toilet behind the main stand (the end of an era!) plus washbasin and hand-drying equipment in both that and the "Sniper" toilets.

Staff

John and I realised that with the new profile of the Club, and more senior Marketing role was required. We decided, therefore, very reluctantly that the role of Commercial Executive was redundant and are currently completing the redundancy process with Greg Bettles. We thank Greg very sincerely for his efforts on behalf of the Club and wish him well for the future.

Barry Wicks (Wicksy) has been employed as Promotions and Marketing Manager. Most of you probably know Barry already, but for information: Barry has a wide network of contacts within sport generally (he held a EUFA coaching certificate and was a golf professional) and locally within all business ranges, from small businesses to senior management in corporates.

He has been an ardent fan of the Club for many years, was previously employed by the Club and gave massive amounts of his time as a volunteer helping to sell the Wembley tickets at the ground.

He is bursting with ideas and you will soon be hearing from him actively on the forums, trying to leverage the skills and resources we have among the members. Although Barry has only been with us for a week, already on Saturday the BBC were at the ground filming for a 9-minute documentary on the Club and MyFC. Please welcome Barry!

Trying hard not to be a pedant, but food, toilets and staff are only three of the 4 areas.
Any news on what is the 4th?

David

Went to the Charlton Bristol City game last night and noticed (as I queuwed for my really hot pie) that they were pre pouring beer. Any way we can do this in the bar , its strikes me that a lot of revenue is being lost pre match this way.

Can I also request that burgers are hot enpugh to actually melt cheese and that there is always full bottles of ketchup etc..... Pet hates for everyone who is an officeieno (is that how its spelt) of burgers and related parafanali

Good to see that the fans are being listened too (pretty important when the club is owned by the fans!!!). The ground does need some work, but a long term solution would be a move to a modern stadium which could help the club develop more. Unfortunately the team is struggling at the moment but behind the scenes the work seems to continue apace, best of luck with it all.

:-)

Problem is, Col, by Brian Kilcullen's own admission, the ground is between 3 and 5 years off, at best. I reckon it could even be 7 years allowing for slippage. That means Stonebridge Road will become unfit for purpose and poosibly unsafe unless remdial work is carried out. Better to get it done sooner, before the authorities shut parts of the stadium down again due to falling, rusty roofs or more crumbling terracing.