Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not good enough

How did it go so wrong in one month? In early October we were a single victory away from 3rd place. A month later and we're in danger of crashing into the drop zone.

To my admittedly unschooled eyes, it's all down to the long-ball tactics. When Hand was controlling midfield, we stayed on the pitch with everyone and looked a real threat for the top spots. Now we frankly look frightful.

Statistically, the playoffs are all but gone, but I'd still like to see us playing the kind of football we played in September for the rest of the season. Attendances were up, spirits were high, etc. Now? Dreary is the order of the day.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
One factor as well - MYFC are still proclaiming on the website this:-

"The league form simply isn't going to convince the 30,000, since their money hadn't really filtered down to the team by the time of last year's final.
This season's team is the result - a record playing budget, a record signing in Gash, and football certainly no more attractive or effective than in the league last year.

If the MYFC members had been picking the team and tactics many of us would be screaming for the experiment to end now! but they have not.
Stevenage a team that looked to be tatters before, during and shortly after they played us are now looking hard for us to catch up.

We have good players but not ones that seem to be able to gel for more than a couple of games at a time or currently not at all.

It seems fairly clear that MYFC renewals in February are crucial to the level of football that can be afforded by the club it also seems likely that league and cup performances will influence many especially those that do not get to games to renew or not. This is a vital season for club and one which may see the Fleet Supporters Trust having to fill any gaps that appear in the clubs fabric how ever big they may turnout to be.

I believe the current players and coaching staff are capable of delivering on the pitch but we have to address a fundamental failure to reach our potential, maybe a clear the air meeting between players and coaching staff could help pinpoint the causes of the slump.

Originally Posted By: Unrecognized Genius

... It is up to us to get behind the team at times like this, though I'm afraid after yesterday I will not be disrupting other things to go to Crewe, whilst I would have done, had we performed better. I will still be going to every home game though, whatever happens, & encouraging the team rather than getting on their backs.

EC

I have changed my mind. I will be going to Crewe on Saturday & hope many others have also decided that at such a time we should be prepared to put ourselves out to support the team.

EC