Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not good enough

Not just the fact that we've been beaten yet again, but by the sound of it, a truly abject route 1, sky high arial display that yet again failed to work.

Do we not practice passing the ball during training?

Chas kept on about how we bypass the midfield - saying we could rent out the middle third of Stonebridge Road!!

For God's sake Liam, get the boys passing the damn thing on the deck, or ship them out.

This isn't good enough, and i am sure there are 30,000 members who will agree with me.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Not just the fact that we've been beaten yet again, but by the sound of it, a truly abject route 1, sky high arial display that yet again failed to work.
Do we not practice passing the ball during training?
Chas kept on about how we bypass the midfield - saying we could rent out the middle third of Stonebridge Road!!
For God's sake Liam, get the boys passing the damn thing on the deck, or ship them out.
This isn't good enough, and i am sure there are 30,000 members who will agree with me.

Absolutely Gary, could not agree with you more.

Unfortunately, Liam's recent comments lead me to believe that our current method of play is as he instructs. He has recently said things along the lines of wanting us to play football in the right areas and getting the ball into those areas as quickly as possible.

That sounds to me like manager speak for lump it forward and win the second ball and try to make things happen from there.

We have always had that feel about us under Liam, it is just that a run of league defeats make it more apparent.

Here's to a run of wins. It is still early enough in the season for us to turn it around and we have the players capable of doing it.

I just can't help feeling that if we have early exits from both big cups, Liam's days will be numbered.

This style of football is unacceptable.

It was there for all to see against an awful Woking side. 3 cheers during that game, 1 for Kezie's goal, the other 2 for each of Lance's throws - say everything.

Give Mott a chance.

From what i heard it sounded like the boys gave it there all but defensively let it go to easy again, I'm not sure we listen to the same radio????

I agree with you that the style is not exceptable but we must have played some nice football as from wht i could here stone had a very good day and sad for ricketts to go as i thought he had a solid proformance??

Our lucks not with us but i don't think its that doom and gloom yet??

Its ok saying play it on the floor but this team are no kaka, its conference and you just wont get it, maybe in bits but never a full game unless we have money and that we don't!!

The boys try hard and daish does what he can with his budget!

Lance is a great shot saver, what more can mott do???

Chas what do you think , you saw it today??

Not sure what planet you live on "Hempstead Gaz" but saying Liam's days are numbered is badly timed when we need to get behind him and the team

Maybe you have some grudge against him but he is clearly an excellent manager and has proved himself to all apart from you it seems

I am sure he will do it again and then you can crawl back under whatever stone you appear from every time we have a bad run

Grow up BB and read my post properly.

I haven't said I want Liam sacked.

I said his days could be numbered if we bomb out of the cups - that is a decision of the board and the 30,000 members.

I don't have a grudge against anyone - except people who put 2 and 2 together to make whatever they want it to be.

I will forgive your lack of knowledge of my viewpoints - you being a novice on here, but I do suggest you read through my 5000 odd posts over 6 years to get a more in depth knowledge before you jump in with both barrels blazing.

However if it transpires the route 1 stuff IS of Liam's making, then I would endorse the decision of the members, unless a radical change of playing style is made.

Bilbo - Hempstead Gaz speaks a lot of sense (well, most of the time) and he's absolutely right in what he's saying, this 'route one' football is a worrying development and really isn't suited to the players we have as well as not being entertaining... Gary is quite rightly I feel expressing concerns over what could happen if things continue as they are.

It wasn't me that said we could rent out the middle third of the pitch, that was Steve. It was disappointing, however,that in the first hour both sides seemed to be hitting the ball as far and as high as possible and it wasn't entertaining to watch.

I felt we played better after we scored and could have tied things up before we allowed Aaron Webster to nip in at the far post(again) for the third goal.

The long ball forward? It has a place in every team's game but my personal feeling is that we use it too often and I would like to see us mix it up more and play through the full backs into midfield and up to the feet of the forwards.

Just my opinion - but my trust is 100% in Liam. Pip pup. Lord C

PS The sending off was a complete and utter joke. The referee got it hopelessly wrong.

Considering Daish's success with us over the seasons I think it's a bit premature to be saying his days could be numbered just yet. Obviously things are going a bit wrong at the moment but don't forget our great run before this blip this season. We all know Daish is a very capable manager, he just needs to start making a lot of changes.

And let's not give MyFC any ideas eh...

what i think is going wrong is that liam is changing the squad around a bit, but i dont get why jamie hand is being left out the starting XI and why isnt he giving bowos a try because i honestly dont think gashy is up to it hes to slow on the ball, hes too salow in getting the ball, he hold the ball for to long and ends up getting it taken off of him, i aint critisising him as a player/person but i donk think hes good enough for the starting XI- thats only my opinion, on the good side is that james is back in the team, kez is scoring, stacy is looking better, darius is sound as always, neil is on song. so in time i am sure liam will turn it around i mean look what he has done since he has been at the club he is by far 1 of the best gaffers in the confrence and hes is very passionate and commited to the fleet as he cold of gone to rushden ( a massive club in the league) but he didnt and he could of left when myfc took over because he might not of been able to pick the team and all the other nonsence that went with that, but he stayed a with full commitment he got us that great day out in may at wembly and proved to be 1 of the best/sucsessful gaffers in our history. so surly there isnt much too worry about at the moment!

thanks,

Kieron

Originally Posted By: 1kieron1fleet
i mean look what he has done since he has been at the club he is by far 1 of the best gaffers in the confrence and hes is very passionate and commited to the fleet as he cold of gone to rushden ( a massive club in the league) but he didnt and he could of left when myfc took over because he might not of been able to pick the team and all the other nonsence that went with that, but he stayed a with full commitment he got us that great day out in may at wembly and proved to be 1 of the best/sucsessful gaffers in our history.

Well said.

We can criticize Liam when needed but the worst thing we can do is start thinking about how he could be booted out or 'voted out.' It's ridiculous really, considering what we know of him.

Problem being Gash is recieving awful service. Not even Akinde could prosper with our current service (or lack of). I also think Fans seem to have an expectation that Gash has been brought in to be the next Akinde. GAsh has 7 goals, and in my opinion could easily have more with better serivce.

Gash has done well.

He has 7 goals, in spite of the appalling service he has had all season. The hoof ball to his head is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Nothing about it suits his, Luke's or Ibe's style of play.

So why do we do it?

Only the manager, back 4 and Lance know the answer to that.

Cannot fault the midfielders, who spend most of the match craning their necks looking upwards as huge punts from Lance and the defence soar far over them. And they aere supposed to be the creative heart of the team.

Perhaps we should just go 5-0-5.

Originally Posted By: Charles Webster
The sending off was a complete and utter joke. The referee got it hopelessly wrong.

Totally agree, legs get tangled , player fulls over , ref looses plot.

You have to laugh at the BBC headline though

"Aaron Webster hit a brace and Keith Gilroy struck once as Burton saw off 10-man Ebbsfleet."

The fact that ricketts was dismissed in the dying second/seconds is lost on this headline.

really tough times at the moment playing eastbourne on tuesday in the setanta shield surely this match is the time to try different tactics.in my book procession is the name of the game

good luck to the lads against eastbourne and like lots of you i will making the journey to crewe on saturday lets sing our hearts out and show the team we are behind them one hundred per cent

Folks, here's what I hope is a balanced view from the Burton end.

You know what, your record against us in the last two seasons has been so good that we fear the worst when we play you. You always seem to be good against us. Most of us think that Sacha might be the best left back in the division and that Stacey (who comes from up our way) is going to create something every time he gets the ball. Add to that, Lance Cronin and James Smith usually look really solid against us.

Today though, you looked a shadow of the Ebbsfleet team we've got used to. Stacey didn't get in the game and Sacha was poor. He got absolutely skinned by Jon Newby (who hasn't done much for us) before the first of the two corners that led to our third goal. We had an 18 year old kid from Derby County making his debut on loan and he started on the right wing. Before the game, we thought, he's up against Sacha, he's going to find out very quickly what the Conference is all about, maybe from the other side of the advertising boards, but it never happened.

Like others have said, you played too much long ball and our centre halves gratefully headed it away all day. Your marking for the first goal was awful... Daish was jumping about with fury and rightly so.

We had lost two on the bounce and expected you to make it hard for us but you didn't...

best of luck for the rest of the season, anyway.

do we realy need to get a result in the ss as there are too many games to be played even without the ss, and it keeps the players more fresh without these mickymouse cup competions, we should just focus on the league, i no these cups give us more income if we progress in them but surely if we got knocked out the cups we could focus on the league and try and get promoted throught the playoffs and that would give us more income and the joy/happiness of promotion.

thanks,

Kieron

oh, should have said, the sending off WAS a joke. It was 40 yards from goal, Ricketts was never the last man. It was a foul, he wrestled Shaun Harrad over (tangle of legs my a*se) but it was never a red. I heard the ref has said he will look at the video. Can't believe he would have pulled out a red for that if it had been the first minute!

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
You have to laugh at the BBC headline though

"Aaron Webster hit a brace and Keith Gilroy struck once as Burton saw off 10-man Ebbsfleet."

The fact that ricketts was dismissed in the dying second/seconds is lost on this headline.

To be honest this report's headline and opening paragraph make the BBC's effort look like the pinnacle of journalism. Bizarre...

Concern about tactics (and personnel to an extent - Hand's continued absence from the starting XI is somewhat surprising, given he's been fit enough to make the bench in the last few games) is justified in places. Putting things in perspective, today's result, although our first defeat at the Pirelli Stadium in five visits, is no disgrace away to one of the division's strongest sides. Nonetheless, the run of straight league defeats makes the Barrow game in two weeks' time particularly important.