Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not good enough

Originally Posted By: slimbloke
oh, should have said, the sending off WAS a joke. It was 40 yards from goal, Ricketts was never the last man. It was a foul, he wrestled Shaun Harrad over (tangle of legs my a*se) but it was never a red. I heard the ref has said he will look at the video. Can't believe he would have pulled out a red for that if it had been the first minute!

Sky reported the dismissal as being for "Foul and Abusive language"

Sorry for daring to speak my mind.

I have re-read your post and it is having a go at Daish when neither he or the team need it.

I think he is a good manager and the team will get it right again (and soon hopefully)

By the way, just because you post a lot doesn't mean you make any more sense than the rest of us. You probably have too much time on your hands. Find a hobby.

I wasn't there today so I cant comment on the game itself, however I believe that The Great Lord Chas normally gets it spot on so I'm a bit disappointed about this long ball rubbish!

A few years back I remember having a chat with one of our players, since sadly departed, and he told me that the Boss used to do team talks centred around short passing movements with lots of variation. Trouble was, it if didn't work after about 20 minutes the players used to revert to the long ball. Now I'm not saying that is what is happening here but it would be wrong to entirely blame the Manager for our dismal run of form. At times llike this its very much up to the players to stand up and be counted, and there are one or two out there who just seem content to do their own bit and not get stuck in and fight.

Oh and by the way H.G, as someone who has posted on here at least as long as you if not longer, then I reserve the right to suggest that you do have a "thing" about Mr Daish and it would please you greatly if he was to come unstuck!

A number of good points have been made in this thread:

We must strive to play the ball more to feet & pass it rather than hoof it; it is football & the crowd like to see it - they are not just morons who don't care how we do it as long as we win.

Having said that, we are a non league side & will never win games on our passing skills alone. There is a place & a time for getting the ball forward quickly & this will sometimes mean hitting space behind defenders, rather than the feet of our own players - very different to an aimless lump upfield though. (Look at out goal at Wembley. Many of us thought Sacha had wasted the ball, but placing it behind the full back meant he had to turn & decide whether to play it or let it run, which allowed John Akinde to attack his indecision.)

Sometimes I fear that what Liam is saying he wants is indeed code for getting the ball upfield quickly & hunting down the 2nd ball - & that our players are just lumping it in such a way (eg aerial delivery to Gash) that they have no chance of winning the knock down.

However, when I sat in the Centre Stand, I was forever hearing Liam urging the players to "pass it." I sit at the side now, so do not know if he still does this; however, I do know that players frequently do not or cannot do as they are instructed. At the Woking game, their manager yelled at them constantly to play the ball to feet (provoking one wag behind me to yell back "I wish you'd tell our players that!") Of course they did no such thing for very long, promptly losing possession as soon as they tried to.

Managers have to go when they have lost the confidence of the players, or have reached a position where they have obviously run out of ideas; usually the two go together. I really do not think this is the case with Liam at this time. Impatient owners would sack him now; wiser ones would consider his record & give him time.

It is up to us to get behind the team at times like this, though I'm afraid after yesterday I will not be disrupting other things to go to Crewe, whilst I would have done, had we performed better. I will still be going to every home game though, whatever happens, & encouraging the team rather than getting on their backs.

EC

Originally Posted By: David Holden
Originally Posted By: slimbloke
oh, should have said, the sending off WAS a joke. It was 40 yards from goal, Ricketts was never the last man. It was a foul, he wrestled Shaun Harrad over (tangle of legs my a*se) but it was never a red. I heard the ref has said he will look at the video. Can't believe he would have pulled out a red for that if it had been the first minute!

Sky reported the dismissal as being for "Foul and Abusive language"

Yes I know, I did read the thread! The BBC said the same and we know how accurate their reports are. Like someone else said, the card was out before he'd had time to swear.

Originally Posted By: Andy Y. (G&NFC)

Oh and by the way H.G, as someone who has posted on here at least as long as you if not longer, then I reserve the right to suggest that you do have a "thing" about Mr Daish and it would please you greatly if he was to come unstuck!

I actually don't have a "thing" about Liam, Andy.
My only gripes are that he is a bit one dimensional in his gameplan.
If it doesn't work, we rarely see a plan B.
substitutions in the 87th minute to grab a late goal or 2 to rescue a game is all too familiar, and never works.
Finally, I am interested as to who is behind the route 1 stuff. If it is Liam, doesn't he realise the fan hate it and it simply doesn't work.
If it against his wishes, then why is he allowing the team to play this way?

I am all for free speech and all that - it is good to have comments from across the spectrum from real fans of the club

However I am not sure if you actually support the Fleet at all - Hempstead Gaz - your comments seem so negative and against the current regime

Do you really think there are a queue of other managers out there who can get the Fleet playing Brazilian style football as opposed to the dreaded route one?

The question was rhetorical by the way - cos there aren't

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
I wonder whether you do BB, as your opinion of our current style of play is at varience to all other fans.
And yes, I have followed Fleet the length and breadth of the country for over 40 years.

There's your problem, Gary..........You are an old fart who doesn't know what you are on about, according to the youth(and some of the old farts who won't admit it) of today! Does that ring a bell? ..........Thank god we weren't like that! evil

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
I wonder whether you do BB, as your opinion of our current style of play is at varience to all other fans.
And yes, I have followed Fleet the length and breadth of the country for over 40 years.

Has BB actually expressed an opinion on our current style of play then HG?

The only opinions I have seen from him are that Liam is a good manager and will turn this poor run of form around and that you have a bee in your bonnet about Liam, I am another fan and those opinions aren't at varience with mine.

The old boys in front of the tea hut have been following the Fleet for over 40 years too, it doesn't mean they aren't a bunch of old gits. *

* Not accusing you of being a member of the tea hut brigade or an old git HG obviously ;-)

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Thank god we weren't like that! evil

Well, you may have not thought so but I am guessing that your elders said exactly the same thing about you that you are saying now. grin

WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink