Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Aveley

andyetfc

I'm with FJ too. I haven't seen as many games this season as I usually do but Aveley were the best opponenets I have seen us play. Walton is a good keeper and I do agree that we need Gant bak with Stevenson.

The cry for Gant back!!!! I believe is a case that he has proved able at this level and surely cant be worse than out there in defence already. It's worth giving him a run out and he may like Dave Allen prove a fresh of breath air.

But we can not expect Stephenson (on his return) to do it all alone, he too will need able back up, as all Stepenson has done to date is cover up the huge gaping cracks that exist.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Father Jack
.....Here's hoping we can muster our step 5 defence (half of which, BTW, have played at step 3 or above!) into a workable unit by Saturday!

confused2

Hamilton, Okikiolu, Tague

Not saying they're all good enough, just trying to expose the 'step 5' comment as fatuous

How typical of outer circle members Jim and F J to jump on somebody who has opinions that differ from theirs . Do you two seriously think that shipping 7 goals in a home match is acceptable coz it aint. Jim you need a reality check up from the neck up mate , How can you see whats going on when you live in somerset ? Do try to attend more matches than the 2 per season that you do and stop looking at you tube it dont give the right picture of whats happening .

F J these level 3 players are not what you think mate,They may have been at level 3 clubs but do you actually believe that they cut the mustard at there previous clubs ? Why do you think we have them here then ? Rio being the biggest example of . We also have a level 5 manager but I dare say you'll tell me he's from a level 3 club at some previous point in time. No disrespects to stuart he can only do the best he can .

With regard to Mauritius Of course I dont care about them but I do go and watch now and then as they are right on my doorstep . There usaually so bad its funny but entertaining and I take them very lightheartedly but they are decent people even if theres only about six of them . I'll give the home matches a miss for a while as one decent performance V ware isnt enough for me ,So I'll stick to the occasional away game as form is better away.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
The cry for Gant back!!!! I believe is a case that he has proved able at this level and surely cant be worse than out there in defence already. It's worth giving him a run out and he may like Dave Allen prove a fresh of breath air.

But we can not expect Stephenson (on his return) to do it all alone, he too will need able back up, as all Stepenson has done to date is cover up the huge gaping cracks that exist.
Stephenson has a history of starting well at every club hes been at but has a history of fading , remember his last stint for town 3 years back ,was the same at other clubs too if I'm right. Dont expect him to be the answer coz he aint.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
I'm with FJ too. I haven't seen as many games this season as I usually do but Aveley were the best opponenets I have seen us play. Walton is a good keeper and I do agree that we need Gant bak with Stevenson.
Here's another one ? why is it whenever we lose we always seem to play the best team weve seen so far this season GET REAL MAN !!

I think its called being realistic FJ rather than seeing everything through rose tinted spectacles.

I dont think any supporter has enjoyed this calender year let alone the start to this season, Charity Cup Final being the exception, the supporters are only giving their views which you may or may not agree with, but you must appreciate surely the frustration at what supporters have had to endure in the last year.
Great post gazza my point of view exactly . Looks like people are voting with their feet . What a miserable gathering on saturday 201 and that looked exagerated.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
How typical of outer circle members Jim and F J to jump on somebody who has opinions that differ from theirs .

So I post a few suggestions as to what the problem might be and how they might be solved, your post says, basically, 'sack them all'. Who's jumping on who here? It's called having a different opinion, and expressing that fact, which is still perfectly legal in the UK. And what is an outer circle?????

Bye.

Apologies - edited the post before I saw yours to make my response a bit more measured. Read my post again - I'm not brown nosing anyone.

You still here?

I dont think any supporter has enjoyed this calender year let alone the start to this season, Charity Cup Final being the exception, the supporters are only giving their views which you may or may not agree with, but you must appreciate surely the frustration at what supporters have had to endure in the last year.

Well I quite enjoyed beating Godalming 5-1, Waltham Forest 6-0, and Ware 2-1, as well as quite enjoying the 2-2 draw with Brentwood actually.

Yeh I'm still here FJ . Look mate the frustration is getting to me big time and we're all feeling it . Sorry i called you a Brown Nose.

Agreed - we're all wound up a bit too much. Apology duly offered for over-reacting.

F J Godalming and Waltham Forest are crap oposition mate how can you enjoy games like this ? Remember the old days like sticking 7 past barnet and beating yeovil in stoppage time . Thats what We all want to get back to ,From where I'm sitting its lightyears away mate.

You beat me to it OOT, FJ Waltham Forest? come on you cant be serious, I know you can only beat what is in front of you but was that really even competitive? Godalming was a tidy & competitive performance, although personally thought the scoreline flattered a bit, agree about the Ware game & understand that the Brentwood game (I wasnt there) was the best performance in the last two seasons.

Not a very long list of enjoyable games for a calender year though is it?

Here's hopeing for a bit of stability & a sorting out of players & coaching staff ready for next season.

Cor Blimey, here you lot go again, too quick to find the faults and not praise the positives and yes there are a lot of positives.

Jim resigned last season and in my books that was a big void to fill for a club like ours as he was the guvnor and Peter Hammatt was a good assistant man too.

Forgetting the disastrous A Lee Stuart has been fully in charge since September (after his holiday) and the results have been decent. The 4-7 result was a feakish one and no doubt the gallons of rainful that fell and made the conditions a lottery which had a lot to do with the number of goals scored. You can't tell me 11 goals in a game was'nt worth the entry fee and the attendence of only 201 can be put down to the Sh1te weather as well. Thats my view, but like the majority of us I have the view that the defence needs urgent attention. The comments made about Stephenson are absurd and a load of rollocks. He is a class act for our level and so was his dad when he use to play, so know your players and there past, I'm a footy coach and a footballing man, it infuriates me when loose, ill educated views are posted without thinking what your actually saying.

We are going through a transitional period and fully believe that Stuart M will be seeking continuos improvements from the ones he has made to date since september.

I'm one for backing the current manager all the way, he is seeking improvements and is active in doing so, at the same time, have all the moaners paid there

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Here's another one ? why is it whenever we lose we always seem to play the best team weve seen so far this season GET REAL MAN !!

I won't reposnd aggressively duel as following on from your post it appears that the testosterone levels have dropped and our forum is all back to peace and love!! cuddle However, just to demonstrate that this was not just a post match comment, I did say to Enfield Paul towards the end of the first half that Aveley were the best team I'd seen us play so far. They were bog and strong, fast and passed the ball well. bootyshake