Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Aveley

andyetfc

It dont matter who is in defence They are all level 5 players apart from gant . This season is over already , It was my last game until things shape up. I really just cant pay money to watch this level of crap any more . Think I'll go and watch Mauritius which is my local club .

Another thought when I visited my mother in edmonton on sunday I noticed the report in the Indpendant was missing ? It was all about Ignations rugby club a mention of Cockfosters and Enfield 93 but nothing about town ? After saturdays disgrace lets hope its left out again.

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
I noticed the report in the Indpendant was missing ? It was all about Ignations rugby club a mention of Cockfosters and Enfield 93 but nothing about town ? After saturdays disgrace lets hope its left out again.

I noticed that too OOT. The Independent rarely gets delivered to this part of EN1 so I'm not sure if they usually miss out Town reports. If they do it's a great shame as I understand that this paper was a big supporter of the original club at Southbury Road.

With the imminent demise of the Enfield Gazette the two free papers really need to up the quality of the editorial coverage of Enfield Town FC's matches to fill the void left by the Gazette. If the Independent want to support E1893FC as well then fair enough but Town, as the best supported and highest placed of the two teams should be given the lead football coverage

It dont matter who is in defence They are all level 5 players apart from gant....

Exactly, got it In a nutshell! Until we can get someone in who knows or has contacts with some seasoned level 4 or above players (Crace being the only example at the club at the moment) that can be mixed in with our youngsters coming through, I dont see anything changing.

Stuart Nethercott being an example.

It dont matter who is in defence They are all level 5 players apart from gant . This season is over already , It was my last game until things shape up. I really just cant pay money to watch this level of crap any more . Think I'll go and watch Mauritius which is my local club .

Fine. I tried to open this debate out into a more constructive direction, but it seems that everyone is quite content to pursue the 'they're all crap, sack them all' line. I'll leave you all to vent your spleen, and hope you all feel better. And enjoy yourself at Mauritius OOT, and try not to upset them after you've seen them play badly.

I think its called being realistic FJ rather than seeing everything through rose tinted spectacles.

I dont think any supporter has enjoyed this calender year let alone the start to this season, Charity Cup Final being the exception, the supporters are only giving their views which you may or may not agree with, but you must appreciate surely the frustration at what supporters have had to endure in the last year.

Another thought when I visited my mother in edmonton on sunday I noticed the report in the Indpendant was missing ? It was all about Ignations rugby club a mention of Cockfosters and Enfield 93 but nothing about town ? After saturdays disgrace lets hope its left out again.

Don't know about OOT - more like OTT....

I tend to agree with FJ - OK, so it was a bad day at the office against Aveley, but to be fair, they looked as good a side as I've seen this season. Their first two goals would have been hard to defend against for any side, as they moved the ball and interchanged so well. Despite conceding 7, I don't think our performance was nearly as bad as some of the showings earlier on in the season, and at half time, and just after we were competing, and had a decent shout of winning. I actually though we looked threatening going forwards, and to score 4 against one of the better defensive sides in the league speaks volumes about our attacking threat.

It would be fair to say that individually we defended very badly - there were too many mistakes, some of which can be partly explained by the weather. I don't think individually our defence is as bad as people are making out. I'd love to see Adam Gant back playing, as he's very solid and reliable, but I think we're mainly missing Stevenson... it's no coincidence that our upturn in form started with him coming into the side. On Saturday, Campbell made a couple of errors, and the new guy didn't look like a world beater, but I thought Tickner had a pretty good game, and Bastian is looking sharper after a shaky start.

In my opinion, we're still doing reasonably well at the moment, especially given our very poor start, and I'm willing to get behind the team, and hope that we can find that settled side that's capable of stringing together a decent run. I don't think that the high turnover of players is helping us much, but I'm not willing to let one poor result/performance get in the way of the fact that we are improving.

I know I tend to be a glass half full type poster, but I think some people are too quick to criticise, both on here, and at the games - we've got no divine right to be beating every side that we play. Yes, it's very frustrating when we lose, but let's keep getting behind the team, and support them through thick and thin.

Thank you Barney. I would add Walton to Stevenson on the list of reasons why our form improved, although Walton is being exposed badly in Stevo's absence. Here's hoping we can muster our step 5 defence (half of which, BTW, have played at step 3 or above!) into a workable unit by Saturday!