Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Aveley

andyetfc

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
F J Godalming and Waltham Forest are crap oposition mate how can you enjoy games like this ? Remember the old days like sticking 7 past barnet and beating yeovil in stoppage time . Thats what We all want to get back to ,From where I'm sitting its lightyears away mate.

You can tell those people on this forum who know their football and have a sane head on their shoulders, i.e. Enfield United, Father Jack, Barney etc. You make me laugh OOT, and to be honest Town doesn't need fans like you - are you one of those annoying people who slags off our players from the sidleines, and feels they can say whatever they want because they "paid their entrance fee".

I suppose it is unacceptable that we as a club aren't in the Football League by now and playing Barnet again....... I mean we have been up and running for pretty much a decade now, surely promotion year upon year isn't too much to ask for, is it?? alk Be realistic. We are no longer EFC from Southbury Road!!

I for one am under no illusions that we need to improve defensively to get anywhere near those playoff positions, but to be so scathing and negative about our performances and the current set-up is quite annoying. By the way, no entertainment?? What games have you been watching?? Maybe the Redbridge one at home is the only one I can think of recently?? Aside from the problems in defence and the sloppy goals that we keep conceding, I am pleased with the brand of football that we are trying to play going forwards - it is the best I have seen at Town for sometime, and we have lots to be positive about in this department.

You want boring football - try to remember last season under JC, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

We have not been helped by the injury to Dave Allen and Jon Stevenson's suspension at a time when they were starting to gel as a back four. Also, Harvey would have been alongside Ticks on Sat, but he was seemingly unavaialble for whatever reason??

One bad result and all the moaners come along with their negative comments again, forgetting anything good that may have happened prior to that last game. For the record, Aveley were the best side I have seen this season, and some of their football leading up to a couple of their early goals was top quality.

you did indeed mate. and yo would be right, not forgetting NOrthwood who played good football as well. my complaint is mrtoe that when a team cahnges all personnel, liek Wabbey and Northwood, how coem they gel so quickly, yet when we have a big turnover of staff, by Nov we stilllook as if none of them have even been introduced?

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
you did indeed mate. and yo would be right, not forgetting NOrthwood who played good football as well. my complaint is mrtoe that when a team cahnges all personnel, liek Wabbey and Northwood, how coem they gel so quickly, yet when we have a big turnover of staff, by Nov we stilllook as if none of them have even been introduced?

EP-I think its a case of 'thats football mate'. But looking at current form since the Chatham defeat would show we are probably a top ten'ish team. I think that shows improvement When you bear in mind where we were prior to Chatham. The trick is to now kick and go again and improve further despite the bad luck of losing Stephenson and Allen sobruptly in a short space of time.

A good run of 3-4 wins and the picture changes. It just needs the supporters to back it.

Pssssstttt Paul who is Mr Toe ?

Gazza I think your the only one on here with a decent ammount of Brain Cells mate The rest of you talk bullsh!t

E U I cant see what positives you speak about apart from the Ware game and flashes againt Brentwood Ex ESL and probably end up back there someday. Jim was gross and I'm glad he jacked it in .

So the defeat against Aveley is down to the weather was it ? what a load of Tosh (surprised S O B didn't think of that one) Its the same for both sides isnt it ?

So Stephensons a good player coz his father was a few years back ? Oh well thats all right then he might make manager someday then ,Get a brain mate WAKE UP !!!. I also like the transitional period view from yourself ,So how much longer is this transitional period gonna last another decade maybe two ?

You claim to back Stuart then ,Sorry I dont reckon him (Nothing personal of course ) This QE stadium complete with running track and a clubhouse /ex cafe 50 people squeezed in tops .I still cant see a business plan for it ! Thats If the board have one that is . Another knock at me coz I dont belong to the trust WELL TOUGH I never have and never will IF the club goes t!ts up who pays (it wont be me) And where exactly did I praise Mauritius I said there entertaining coz there so bad READ PROPERLY PLEASE ,BTW I'm going to watch them get stuffed by Romford tomorrow I'll let you know what happens ,Then there's Romford do you really want to play that pile of cack again coz next season we will be .Stephenson and Allen missing What an excuse that is HOW MANY PLAYERS DO WE HAVE AT THIS CLUB surely enough cover for them both ? You say were a top ten team ? have you looked at the league table lately .lol

Mini Brain Towner (if you have One) Where did I say we should be in the football league ? dur I NEVER DID but at least I think we should be conference south there are clubs there with less fans than us (Fisher being the best example) And guess what ? we are still level 4 and will be next year too . You say we need to Improve the defence ! Er hellooooooo dont we say that every year then ? So Town dont need fans like me then ? I think youll find we do need all the fans we can get but I have opinions like everybody else SO TOUGH . YOU DONT LIKE MINE tough again .Another thought DO YOU SEE NEW PEOPLE SHOWING UP COZ I DONT !!hence poor turnout last saturday . So your pleased with the brand of football we 're playing then NOW THAT MADE ME LAUGH THAT DID ha ha. Another one who says Aveley are the best side hes seen this season ,Jesus wept and theres me thinking we made them look good Lol.

Mr Happy, my Testostrodome level is fine thanks So was Aveleys by the looks of it too Lol .

One more thing , I first thought Phil Southport was a d1ck but now I'm not so sure as alot of what he said in his last post made a lot of sence .

doh

There is no point even continuing to debate anything with you OOT, as clearly you have the mental age of an adolescent teen going by the way you put your argument across (maybe you are one?), so we will have to agree to disagree and you can go watch your beloved Mauritius Sports. Fair weather comes to mind duel

I find it most insulting that you say I have a Mini-Brain, or indeed no brain at all......... especially when your grasp of basic puntuation, spelling and grammar appears to be very weak??!! However, I must compliment you on turning my username into an insult, very witty.

I bid you an enjoyable weekend OOT. I shan't expect to see you much on the forum over the next few days, especially as you won't be at tomorrow's game to lend your opinion on the proceedings? Still, I'm sure that won't stop you from dampening the mood.

Lastly, you are correct in saying that you did not mention that Town should be in the Football League by now - that is called sarcasm, and you may have noticed I have used it quite a lot in this post.

.....Gazza I think your the only one on here with a decent ammount of Brain Cells mate......

Cue witty comment from The Hat!

So the defeat against Aveley is down to the weather was it? what a load of Tosh (surprised S O B didn't think of that one) Its the same for both sides isnt it?

No one can argue with the point you have made there OOT, its very true!

I also like the transitional period view from yourself, So how much longer is this transitional period gonna last?....

Probaly as long as some can make excuses for it!

....Another knock at me coz I dont belong to the trust.....

Your not alone there, plenty dont, me for one, personally I dont see what the benefit is.

....You say were a top ten team? have you looked at the league table lately....

We Should be a top six team, we can only wait & see, come May the table wont lie.

So Town dont need fans like me then? I think youll find we do need all the fans we can get, but I have opinions like everybody else.....

Dead right OOT, rather read an honest opinion than the wet liberal nodding dog posts that sometime get posted on here & elsewhere!!!

One more thing, I first thought Phil Southport was a d1ck but now I'm not so sure as alot of what he said in his last post made a lot of sense.

Oh he is really & yes it did! evil Only joking Phil mate!

Gazza+OOT- The old saying comes to mind, who needs enemy's with friends like you 2.

I would'nt be surprised if your both Gooners at heart that slag off Wenger for the current state of Arsenal!!!!!!!!! if not then thats your goal then guys, to moan right to the top. By the way Just like Mini-Smith I'm being Sarcarstic!!

I for one can see and I hear the efforts being made by Stewart to attract better players, but we have to budget from what we get at the gate and Goldsdown Trust I suppose to pay for our club, Unlike the Redbridges and FISHERS!! (as you stated) who have sugar daddies to use the club as their little toy.

Both those clubs don't have their own ground just like us, but the future is more positive cos we have the QE to work too, the fact you say and quetion 'where is the plan', is a sad deficiency of your knowledge.

The plan is obviously a 2 year one to get the pitch playable and have sufficient public health and safety.

Guys like you 2 are probably expecting undersoil heating and executive boxes.

I said that current form should put us in the top ten'ish and not where we actually are!! Read my comments correctly.

Weather conditions obviously played a part v's Aveley. The rain was relentless (another reason for a low attendence) and the surface a lottery which does not benefit turning defenders.

Transitional can be upto 2-3 years and that is fair, we were blessed with Jim whether liking him or not who did a fantastic job to get us out of the ESL, Just ask 1893 how difficult that can be. We are not gonna get relegted but unlike Gazza and OOT I can see our league position improving.

We should be a top 6 team but we are not and our established senior players are getting older thats another transitional arguement.

However if you look at our 16's and 8's you would see that their are half a dozen great potentials that in a season or two will be regulars and Townies through and through. Oh sorry maybe we should sign a couple of million pounders to better the team.

OOT-Good luck at Mauritious Sports Comedy Club and Gazza will you be joining him or going shopping.

I back my local team through thick and thin ups and downs, and if Stewart needs help he just needs to ask, thats MY OPINION, so sorry OOT if that is brainless but stable.

Cheers for your backlash E U and Mini smith you two should remove them blindfolds and get yourselves off to specsavers and maybe you can both see whats going on at this club. E U you will easily make the outer circle with your pathetic defence of our club's poor form , You might put yourself up for election and all the inner circle may welcome you with open arms if you keep rambling on like this (not that you'll stay there mind coz you'll probably end up lkie phil southport who dared to speak out as I'm doing now) ,All i can say its a shambles mate HOW CAN YOU DEFEND THIS FORM and the nature of the defeats ? I cannot for the life of me see how you can defend shipping 7 at home is acceptable for a club of our size ,So as long as we score 4 at the other end thats all right then . Lol

I went to Mauritius sports today as I said I would ,And what a fantastic game 5-3 to Romford who look the cats whiska's to me and god help us if we come up against them next season . Six quid well spent and glad I went . God I can see coups and lightweights flack even now .Lol

Mini smith ,Thanks for the tip as regards the spelling mistakes I'll try to read what I've typed in future before I sudmit the post .

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Pssssstttt Paul who is Mr Toe ?

he is the man that spell checks all of my posts

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Gazza+OOT- The old saying comes to mind, who needs enemy's with friends like you 2.

Truth hurts huh

I would'nt be surprised if your both Gooners at heart......

How right you are & I bet your a frustrated black cab driver with the waffle you talk!

I for one can see and I hear the efforts being made by Stewart to attract better players.....

Job application for first team coach in process me thinks! evil

....but unlike Gazza and OOT I can see our league position improving.

Really, was you there today? 70 mins before an attempt at goal!

OOT-Good luck at Mauritious Sports Comedy Club and Gazza will you be joining him or going shopping.

How mature to mock a small level 5 club you probaly have never seen play & yes I was there today, enthralling wasnt it? Thats if you were there of course.

Undoubtedly you will tell us how unlucky we were & will have found many positives

and if Stewart needs help he just needs to ask......

PMSL, absoloutly priceless, just the stamp to get then post that application off now EU huh

OK group hug everybody, together we can do it for EU & get him that coaching job!