Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Aveley

andyetfc

Originally Posted By: Enfield Til It Died
was the ref a bit keen?

We have had better BUT lets not start blaming the Ref for this defeat.
Yes he made some mistakes, BUT not as many as the Players playing at the back for Town who were far from keen to defend.

I will not call them defenders - as they are not worthy of that description !!!!!

I thought we had put all that behind us & started to get things sorted, conceeding seven goals at home with eleven players on the field against a fellow level 4 team for heavens sake is just ridiculous!

Did we have injurys? were we having to play players out of position? Are Aveley that good? Not looking for excuses just trying to make sense of it all, coming off the back of a well earned draw against the Top of the table team last week just seems bizarre!

Originally Posted By: Gazza
I thought we had put all that behind us & started to get things sorted, conceeding seven goals at home with eleven players on the field against a fellow level 4 team for heavens sake is just ridiculous!

Did we have injurys? were we having to play players out of position? Are Aveley that good? Not looking for excuses just trying to make sense of it all, coming off the back of a well earned draw against the Top of the table team last week just seems bizarre!

We were ok today, we didn't denfend too well, but I never seen such an inept Enfield Town FC team in my life. You were lucky to be in the contest for as long as 60 minutes. It's a good job that there are some p**s poor teams in this league otherwise you will have a long winter, well I think you will anyway until you get some defenders who can defend...but as for relegation, you will be ok JUST !!!

It's probably the first time I have sat in the stand and watched 90 minutes of football and I was not impressed.

It didn't take long to score a goal by playing the ball on the deck. After that, we continued to hit the long ball which was meat and drink to the taller Aveley players. All right, we scored another three but two of those were again from play on the deck. Didn't we learn anything? Shame for Mitch Hahn scoring a first half hat trick but I believe the hat trick by their number 11 was even better.

What I couldn't understand was why we continued to give away stupid free kicks which gave Aveley the opportunity to score at will?

As for our defence, could someone tell me where it was? Why the two substitutions just minutes after half time? If they were on the pitch during the half time interval, as I believe they were, then what could they have picked up during that time to help our cause as soon as they got on the pitch?

After reading the locals this week I looked forward to a close encounter, especially after what was written by SM. My opinion is that Aveley were far too good for us and we were found wanting in midfield and defence. To also have the manager sent off doesn't look good.

So who do we blame? The referee? The quality pitch? The fact that Aveley players ran and ran with purpose? The weather? Or do we just admit that we were not good enough?

Time to start getting better plyers in than those we have otherwise I cannot see us doing anything this season apart from surviving. Seven goals conceded at home is totally unnacceptable and sends a message to the rest of the league.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee!

Redbridge could have scored 5-6 goals against us and Brentwood should have in the first half alone.

We have resolved our problems in attack, but have had problems in defence since the first game of the season, but have not identified it as a problem.

Additionally, we cant rely or depend on Stephenson coming back and being our only decent defender.

also why are we still getting NEW players in and most of the time not playing them to me this is money wasted we have good players NOT being used so lets use the players we have that are good and get rid of the s**t we have playing weekin weekout

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4, HT 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-7.

10 bookings!

I will calm down before passing comment as no doubt the defeat is all down to those who post on here! angry

It is amazing how the board will try to deflect criticism.

But we were obeaten by the better team, not a million miles as we scored 4 against a team that had previously only conceeded 6 in the league this season.

It would have been a closer tie if our defenders were better and the tactics from the dugout more ept!

Everyone knows I'm a Luke Marshall fans so can someone tell me for the life of me why our best player is sitting getting splinters? Is Stewart really that stupid he does not know who are his best players?

I've also heard many people go into raptures about Sean Ridgeway but I haven't seen him get a full game? In the words of Gazza what is all that about? Where was Glen Harvey?

As one director quipped this week that Graham Roberts was taking over I was disappointed with the performance!

A truly shocking result chaps. It remains to be seen whether this is a blip in our recent trend to improvement, or if the apparent improvement was itself just a blip, a flash in the pan.

I saw Brighouse Town draw 1-1 at home to Hemsworth MW, who are I believe 6th. We had an excellent away win at Eccleshill from eth Premier Division on Tursday in the County Cup, 2-1 aet and last Saturday drew 0-0 away to Tadcaster, who were bottom or next to bottom. Concreting around the pitch continues, no PA yet - but I won the raffle on Saturday! A case of 20 Becks, then home in tiome to watch Spurs beat Liverpool - a most satisfactory day as I didn't see Town's result until today.

Im sorry Andy, but how can you say their number 11's hatrick was better than our on form Mitch Hahn's. Number one, he's consisted of a penalty, where as Hahn's was 3 top class finishes! But whatever the case, we cannot go on defending how we are at the moment. Its pathetic. We have to score 8 goals to win a game?? I think if we scored 8 the other team would end up scoring 9!!!!

We need a new back four! and a new keeper if we are going to push for promotion. And it doesnt take a genious to work that out SM!!!

Let's take a step back from hysteria, and try and be a little more constructive than calling for a complete new back four and keeper (and it is absolute garbage to suggest that Dave Walton is part of the problem; he was one of the main catalysts for our improvement in October!). Yes the defending on Saturday was horrendous, but Campbell, Bastian and Tickner have all given the club excellent service over the years, and they haven't become bad players overnight. A few random thoughts to broaden the discussion out a bit:-

- The problem looks like an alarming lack of organisation at the back, with wingers allowed unhindered runs on goal or the back four suddenly left with three opposing forwards to deal with. Would it not be a good idea to try a settled back line, let them train together and play a more disciplined system?

- Given that opposing forwards are attacking our back four too readily, are the midfield doing an adequate job from a defensivepoint of view? Wettner and Skerritt are probably the most powerful central midfield in the division, and Rudi and Gazmend were simply overun on Saturday.

- On a similar note, do our wide midfield players provide sufficient defensive cover for our full backs? When Luke Marshall plays, he does a lot of defensive work and linking with the full backs; do Deane and Hahn provide the same?

- Finally, have we become too reliant too soon on Jon Stevenson's excellence to bal us out?

Just a few points for discussion, or for management to ponder.