Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poo Pooing the idea?

Hawkeye Pierce

From Town website

"2nd November 2008

Queen Elizabeth Stadium Update

The club intends to hold an open event at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium to allow Society members to visit the site at 10am on Saturday 15th November. Club directors and a council officer will be in attendance to show members around the stadium. We also plan to have a session following the visit to allow members to put forward questions and their views. More details are to follow shortly.

Paul Millington

Christmas Gift Idea - Poo Pooing Reindeer"

On a serious note, it is dissapointing that the club are opening this up to society members only. There are plenty of supporters who, for their own reasons, do not wish to be society members. They are still supporters and pay their own hard eanred cash to support the team and should be allowed to see the plans as should local residents.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
On a serious note, it is dissapointing that the club are opening this up to society members only. There are plenty of supporters who, for their own reasons, do not wish to be society members. They are still supporters and pay their own hard eanred cash to support the team and should be allowed to see the plans as should local residents.

Do you really think they would turn away non-members in front of a council official? Maybe behind his back?

Mr Bryant yesterday was very keen you should ALL attend next Saturday morning 10am so he and the rest of the Board can show us all the plans for the QE2 stadium and how they would make them work. Dave is adamant we will NOT need high powered binoculars and we should go along so they can explain how, why & when!

So Gazza give up you golf for a day!

Andypandy give up your sychronised swimming! (Is he for real?)

Originally Posted By: Gazza
If that is true then no doubt I will be there, however according to the "OFFICIAL" website its for members only.

Can someone please confirm.

If you've been on the terraces for the last 7 years I cannot see the Board turning you away with gate numbers declining they want to talk to all of us. The Membership Secretary might ask for some money but hey you know that is towns way!

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
Mr Bryant yesterday was very keen you should ALL attend next Saturday morning (time?) so he and the rest of the Board can show us all the plans for the QE2 stadium and how they would make them work. Dave is adamant we will NOT need high powered binoculars and we should go along so they can explain how, why & when!

So it's an open public meeting? Good! If it is, then it should go a long way to dispelling any rumours about the 40,000 seater football stadium. Already commited to next Saturday so will wait for the AGM to ask questions.

As for me being real.... it pays the mortgage. by the way, I notice you are still on the bench. What position do you play? giggle

If that is true then no doubt I will be there, however according to the "OFFICIAL" website its for members only.

Can someone please confirm.

If you've been on the terraces for the last 7 years I cannot see the Board turning you away with gate numbers declining they want to talk to all of us. The Membership Secretary might ask for some money but hey you know that is towns way!

If they wish to give out information then they should do it freely.

he's been on the fence a lot lately! evil

To quote OOT just saying it how I see it. A win buys time in my book! Guess what? We haven't had one recently!

4 games, since a win 2 draws and 2 defeats all against top 6 teams, It's just that some of you can't wait to find faults rather than judge the season when it ends.

Mr Bryant yesterday was very keen you should ALL attend next Saturday morning 10am so he and the rest of the Board can show us all the plans for the QE2 stadium and how they would make them work. Dave is adamant we will NOT need high powered binoculars and we should go along so they can explain how, why & when!

Mr Safety Officer, Jess & Myself would love to be able to be there, but guess where we will be on Saturday Morning...............

At Brimmo preparing for our HOME Game doh

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader

Mr Safety Officer, Jess & Myself would love to be able to be there, but guess where we will be on Saturday Morning...............

angel3 angel3 angel3

angel3 angel3 angel3

A closed meeting now then?

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

angel3 angel3 angel3

A closed meeting now then?

Plus Andy as new volunteer?

Sorry to mislead I was wrong Club Chairman has clarified who can attend on Saturday on ETFC website! It really is restricted to paid up members. My comments are not constructive so best kept to myself!

Please read the (undoctored in any way instructions) from Mr Millington carefully to see whether you are eligible to attend!

"Queen Elizabeth Stadium Update

A meeting with the Council has taken place recently to start the process of development of the stadium site. One of the outcomes of the meeting was to arrange with the Council for access to the Stadium this coming Saturday morning (15th November). The opportunity will be taken to show members the site and obtain their views and ideas on how they would wish to see the facilities developed.

Wouldn't it be better to have an open meeting so that any issues can be dealt with by all concerned? We want to encourage people to become involved not exclude them. I know some will say that they should become members, but not everyone wants to become a member.

Admittedly, there could be lots of interested people but could they not be shown around by board members who could answer questions as they go along?