Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poo Pooing the idea?

Hawkeye Pierce

Andy

You have recently posted highlighting a club which has transferred from a members club to a limited company.

The benefit of being a members club is that members get to take part in decision making and can find out information which would not be forthcoming if it was a limited company. I dont see how people can advocate that the club change its constitution and then complain when members are invited to a private members only meeting.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Wouldn't it be better to have an open meeting so that any issues can be dealt with by all concerned? We want to encourage people to become involved not exclude them. I know some will say that they should become members, but not everyone wants to become a member.

Admittedly, there could be lots of interested people but could they not be shown around by board members who could answer questions as they go along?

Bang on Andy!!! Become a member and you can attend, ask the questions and be involved, I really can't see the problem with that. If the

Originally Posted By: Steph
Andy

You have recently posted highlighting a club which has transferred from a members club to a limited company.

The benefit of being a members club is that members get to take part in decision making and can find out information which would not be forthcoming if it was a limited company. I dont see how people can advocate that the club change its constitution and then complain when members are invited to a private members only meeting.

Aren't we talking about a community athletics stadium with football attached? Will athletes be welcome to the meeting as users of the proposed development? Surely we should be embracing all even if they don't want to become members. We don't want to allienate anyone because we want them on board.

But then again, that's just my opinion.

Andy

Aren't we talking about a community athletics stadium with football attached? Will athletes be welcome to the meeting as users of the proposed development? Surely we should be embracing all even if they don't want to become members. We don't want to allienate anyone because we want them on board.

I thought that the idea of this "Tour" was for Members of ETFC, I would imagine that the other parties who are going to be using the facility would arrange their own "Tour" confused2

Originally Posted By: Gazza
If that is true then no doubt I will be there, however according to the "OFFICIAL" website its for members only. Can someone please confirm.

Thought it all sounded too good to be true!

Oh well golf it is then, so now I will just wait for a member to tell me about it all.....about 2 hours after the tour ends! doah

Is it some sort of top secret development then? If it is club related members only need to know issues then i understand it, as in an AGM or any other football related finance etc, however why we need to "ostrasise" long standing supporters & potential new supporters.

If it is necessary then how about a seperate tour after the members one ends then?

Andy

WaHay Hay!!!! Bang on again Andy, it is your opinion and all seriousness a very valid one.

However, just like the Gaffers team selections there can only be one decision to be made and in this case it's the boards, they've decided members only.

Britman says

WaHay Hay!!!! Bang on again EU, it is your opinion and all seriousness a very valid one.

Quote from the home page.

"The opportunity will be taken to show members the site and obtain their views and ideas on how they would wish to see the facilities developed."

You never know, there could be others who may be able to assist at this early stage.

WaHay Hay!!!! Bang on again EU, it is your opinion and all seriousness a very valid one.

Quote from the home page.

"The opportunity will be taken to show members the site and obtain their views and ideas on how they would wish to see the facilities developed."

You never know, there could be others who may be able to assist at this early stage.

You'd have to join the charity mate

If that is true then no doubt I will be there, however according to the "OFFICIAL" website its for members only. Can someone please confirm.

Thought it all sounded too good to be true!

Oh well golf it is then, so now I will just wait for a member to tell me about it all.....about 2 hours after the tour ends! doah

Is it some sort of top secret development then? If it is club related members only need to know issues then i understand it, as in an AGM or any other football related finance etc, however why we need to "ostrasise" long standing supporters & potential new supporters.

If it is necessary then how about a seperate tour after the members one ends then?

What have you got against being a Society Member then Gazza? confused2

I'm with you on this Gazza ,Whats the point of being a member Its just another way to get money off fans,What Info is available is only what the inner circle want you to know anyway so no I dont see what the benefits are .More Gripes from me .... As soon as you sit down in the brimmo bar having just bourght a pint you get badgered for golden goal tickets If not there you cop it as soon as you get through the turnstile , Then someones in your face for 50-50 tickets , I dont even bother with a programme any more as you feel obliged to buy another 50-50 ticket , Its too much and over the top at times . I have been reasonabley fortunate in my personal life but it just gets on my nerves every game. No doubt I will get jumped on again by the usual know alls but its how I feel.

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
What have you got against being a Society Member then Gazza?confused2

I have nothing against anyone being a society member SL, I was a member myself for the 2001/02 season but didnt renew my membership as I didnt see the point, I didnt see the benefit, I got a photocopied certificate and err.... that was it, what else is there but a vote at the AGM?

I would rather give Arky a tenner at the first game every season, I spend in excess of

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
What have you got against being a Society Member then Gazza?confused2

I have nothing against anyone being a society member SL, I was a member myself for the 2001/02 season but didnt renew my membership as I didnt see the point, I didnt see the benefit, I got a photocopied certificate and err.... that was it, what else is there but a vote at the AGM?

I would rather give Arky a tenner at the first game every season, I spend in excess of