Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Poo Pooing the idea?

Hawkeye Pierce

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
I'm with you on this Gazza ,Whats the point of being a member Its just another way to get money off fans,What Info is available is only what the inner circle want you to know anyway so no I dont see what the benefits are .More Gripes from me .... As soon as you sit down in the brimmo bar having just bourght a pint you get badgered for golden goal tickets If not there you cop it as soon as you get through the turnstile , Then someones in your face for 50-50 tickets , I dont even bother with a programme any more as you feel obliged to buy another 50-50 ticket , Its too much and over the top at times . I have been reasonabley fortunate in my personal life but it just gets on my nerves every game. No doubt I will get jumped on again by the usual know alls but its how I feel.

Correct me if I am wrong OOT, I thought we were a "Fans Owned Club", where else do you think the money to keep "OUR" Club running should come from? confused2

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
What have you got against being a Society Member then Gazza?confused2

I have nothing against anyone being a society member SL, I was a member myself for the 2001/02 season but didnt renew my membership as I didnt see the point, I didnt see the benefit, I got a photocopied certificate and err.... that was it, what else is there but a vote at the AGM?

I would rather give Arky a tenner at the first game every season, I spend in excess of

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Preparing for the match?? 5 hours before kick-off??

Not a criticism,because i know u have a lot to do on matchdays,but would it not be possible to get to the ground at 11.30am, just this once, and still get things ready in time?

Just so you know Mr Safety Officer is at Brimmo from about 9.30am on Matchdays preparing for the game. I have to prepare the food for the Boardroom and Tea Bar. He then takes Jess & I back to Brimmo at 11.30 where we have to set up the Board Room & Tea Bar and he finishes of his preparations. There is no way we can get to this meeting.

You obviously must be unaware of what has to happen in order to get a Football Stadium ready for a game. Oh and by the way, we are lucky if we leave the ground by 6.30pm - 7.00pm.

Every Sunday Mr Safety Officer and his crew are back at Brimmo clearing up and doing repairs.

In actual fact our preparation for a home Match on a Saturday usualy start on Wednesday with a trip to Makro & Morrisons. This week it has been even worse as we had a Tuesday Home Fixture as well.

Ah well no rest for the Wicked.

doh

Your choice then Gazza, but don't moan when you are not happy with a decision that was voted on because you were unable to attend a Society meeting.

I would love to go to Donkey Lane tomorrow, but as I said earlier Mr Safety Officer, Jess and myself will be at Brimmo preparing for the Match, in my mind pretty stupid to arrange the Tour when we have a Home Game.

Well as a society member should you be "moaning" about the decision to arrange the tour on a home game day?

Dont think you should be "moaning" anyway as it is your choice as to what you do on matchdays, Im sure there are other "members" that could help out to enable you to attend the meeting & with a bit of re-organising Im sure it would be achievable anyway.

I feel for SL, Dave and Jess because they will not be at the 'closed' meeting as they will be preparing for the afternoon's game. It's their choice but their hearts are with the club and they know things need doing. Without them I have doubts if the service the club provides would be upto League standard.

I have mentioned on many occasions that it would be very helpful if people came forward and assisted them. A few members, relatives or friends would give them some time off but it doesn't appear that members want to or have the time. Dave's asked for stewards in the past but there has been little enthusiasm and still the same few assist him on matchdays.

Why won't 'members' help? Aren't we supposed to be a 'members' club? It's no point in being one in name only. Answers on a postcard please.

Anyway, I am sure the unofficial forum will be alive with the QE news tomorrow night and they will be informed, like the rest of us, in due course.

Mind you, I can't be at the meeting nor the AGM so I think I'll just use the Royal Mail when asking my questions.

Your choice then Gazza, but don't moan when you are not happy with a decision that was voted on because you were unable to attend a Society meeting.

I would love to go to Donkey Lane tomorrow, but as I said earlier Mr Safety Officer, Jess and myself will be at Brimmo preparing for the Match, in my mind pretty stupid to arrange the Tour when we have a Home Game.

Well as a society member should you be "moaning" about the decision to arrange the tour on a home game day?

Dont think you should be "moaning" anyway as it is your choice as to what you do on matchdays, Im sure there are other "members" that could help out to enable you to attend the meeting & with a bit of re-organising Im sure it would be achievable anyway.

I was not moaning about what I do on Matchdays for ETFC, I love what I do. If I did'nt I would not do it would I?

My gripe was the fact that the meeting was arranged for a Home Matchday, I asked that question and was told that was the only time all parties (ie Council Members etc) could be there.

I would imagine that most of the other Members will be at Donkey Lane so how could they help out doh

Must dash got a Boardroom to prepare for evil2

.....I would imagine that most of the other Members will be at Donkey Lane so how could they help out doh

Hmmm.....I very much doubt it.

Anyway what I meant was that once you have attended the meeting Some of the other members that usually do sweet FA go to the Brimmerbau & then help you get everything ready, rather than just the usual 3 of you another half dozen helpers would enable you to get everything ready.

I find these arguments on here rather bizarre and somewhat circular. We formed a supporters-owned club in order to have a say in how our club is run and not to be sold down the river again; now it seems some supporters don't see the point of being members. At the same time there seems to some objection to the members - the owners - having a say in their club on the grounds that everyone else should be allowed to. No, I'm sorry, but decisions on the running of OUR club should be made by the members, generally in practice on our behalf by our elected board.

The views and wishes of other users of the stadium can be pout forward by those groups, in accordance with whatever procedure is sorted out with the lease arrangement. We wil of course put forward the views and wishes of ETFC: those views have to be decided by the members (owners) and for the life of me I can't see the problem with this.

I agree with T.I.M and steph as sad as i can be i counted 53.

The moaners are priceless, we've got OOT whose keeping shtum cos we won today but I suppose, It was only by one goal which only got us 3pts and its not acceptable!!!!!!

We've got Gazza who is trying to conduct SL's role in preparing the boardroom and in fact questioning why she could not be at the QE today but how she could have been.

AD-dunno why a director would have needed an invite as i'd guess he was a member and could have attended. I did'nt receive an invite I just read the arrangements on the website.

Mr H-Steph was very accurate in saying there are no plans. But we are not the only ones who have supporters and a membership scheme. Even Spurs, Arsenal Man U and Liverpool have seperate membership arrangements that give supporters priority benefits. It's VERY COMMON. I'm Happy to pay my membership and support my board who after todays meeting have proved what a fantastic job they have done to date.

What the board now need is for us to help out as much as we can when neccessary, don't you all think?

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
...We've got Gazza who is trying to conduct SL's role in preparing the boardroom and in fact questioning why she could not be at the QE today but how she could have been.

You are priceless EU, your the biggest moaner on here, all we get is your wet liberal group hugging guru claptrap & Im almost convinced your..........(edited as post would have been deleted!).

For the record I was trying to point out how unfair it is on SL & her sidekicks that no other MEMBERS can help out to enable her to attend the meeting.

Have you noticed how that when SL & I disagreed on a subject we both made constructive points to put our views across where as you go fault finding & as above usually get it wrong!

.....I would imagine that most of the other Members will be at Donkey Lane so how could they help out doh

Anyway what I meant was that once you have attended the meeting Some of the other members that usually do sweet FA go to the Brimmerbau & then help you get everything ready, rather than just the usual 3 of you another half dozen helpers would enable you to get everything ready.

Can't see any of them "Flying Pigs" evil2

They (the inner circle) arrived early at Brimsdown after the QE2 meeting because I saw them! You mean they sat about, pontificated and did nothing, surely not? Maybe they just needed to avoid brain-burnout it is a common feature in young execs after a hard 1 hour meeting! doh

This is what I was trying to say earlier. We may be a supporters owned club but when it comes down to managing the club on matchdays, then the same few do the work. We have been told that there are more than 170 members, but only a small percentage help out. Others will say they help in other ways, but what is needed is assistance on matchdays.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

This is what I was trying to say earlier. We may be a supporters owned club but when it comes down to managing the club on matchdays, then the same few do the work. We have been told that there are more than 170 members, but only a small percentage help out. Others will say they help in other ways, but what is needed is assistance on matchdays.

Yep I do agree, the more hands on deck the better. What ever little help is contributed then the better, everyone has a little expertise.

And Gazza, you don't really know me and you've totally misjudged me, i'm no way a liberal or......................
I just back and support those who have done so well in running our club.

Don't you think our clubs achievements so far are respectable with a new ground in prospect. Not even Everton or Liverpool can manage that task in fact they are flaffing around in disillusionment.