Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mcphee Humbled by reception

Fleet boys

So the other thread on here is mis-leading then!!!! Former plays sometimes get respected and at others times get the bird, depending on what they did for the club. McPhee was brilliant for the Fleet last season and he makes it clear he was sad to go and did it for his family, respect to that man.

:-)

kind words by a kind man, a true fleet hero.

i was talking to my dad about it and there isn't many players that leave us to go to a side in the same league.

They normally leave to go down the leagues and it was nice to see Chris get a good clap before kickoff by the halfway liners.

Anyone got Mrs McPhee's number going to buy them a house up here, so he can come back!!

What made me laugh was the comments from behind the goal of "don't worry about mcphee, he did nothing last season apart from score the goal at wembley" they must of forgot the five goals he scored in the trophy rounds that got us to wembley. And his relentless work all through the season and the goals he scored.

Oh how short some peoples memories are!

I was a bit msurprised at the other thread but I knew Chris had given me a great interview for BBC Radio Kent after the Weymouth match. I set it up before kick off and, true to his word, Chris came up to the commentary box and spoke candidly after the game. It was actually very emotional for me to do the interview and think back to May(my close friends know why) and Chris was, as ever, the perfect gentleman. He is pure class.

I didn't want to comment on the other thread until Matt Davison had used the interview on air(live on Saturday and repeated yesterday) and then posted it on the BBC Radio Kent website.

Pip pip! Lord Chas.

I was selling programmes at the away end, I waited to see Chris arrive and took the oppurtunity to shake him by the hand, welcome him back and also to thank him for all his efforts during last season, he seemed a bit surprised at such a welcome but greeted it with his usual pleasent manner of a big smile.

I also spoke to his new wife and his mum and dad all seemed happy to be at the ground and to see old friends and renew a few memories.

Good luck to the whole family for the future.

Well all goalkeeper's can win Player of the Year without scoring a goal!!!!!! Chris McPhee always made it clear it was for family reasons that he moved, so you need to respect him for that. Good that he gave a interview to Lord Chas, who keeps us all updated and his commentaries are second to none. Should be on 5live!!!!!

:-)