Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'Ricay 2-2 Harlow

Originally Posted By: PAUL B
Interestin' one........Must be a difficult decision to come on as sub when player-manager......he must also be conscious that when he came on last Tues we were actually 2-1 up & he made a few [****!!****]-ups as soon as he came on...not sure that was the right decision.......

doh

It's been 40 hour's, welcome to world of Management Lee

Give the man a chance for goodness sake. One of our better players of recent years now entering into the management cauldron deserves all our support and encouragement - not your disparaging comments after just 40 hours in the job, as TC rightly points out. I'm sure all the loyal 'Ricay fans are 100% behind you Lee.

Not that i know anything about football management but would it not have been best if Lee was on the bench. (As he was) just to see how the new players were going to fit into the game.

I'm sure it would have been a challenge for him or indeed PAUL B to see how good or bad they were whilst playing alongside them also.

Best of luck Lee & to the new lad's

Listen Bullsh#t - I believe you've missed the point entirely - I was & still am one of the greatest advocates of Hodgie's silky skills - However, management's a different 'ball-game' (sorry !) & if you make an incorrect decision (as he surely did) then you have to be prepared to pay the price (possibly the 3 pts) take & some criticism. I also wish him luck & hopefully a few lessons learned will pay off.

In my opinion the Ref did a stirling job controlling the game and was very informative in his instructions to players. He was under a great deal of pressure from all sides, especially as he was being accessed by a senior Referee up in the stands.

On re-reading my posting after the Harlow game I now understand the jocular banter. Being an Old Boy, these things sometimes happen. (In fact quite a lot.lol) It should of course have read "Assessed" and not accessed. "You cheeky young whippersnappers will get there one day." LOL

Glad to see we both won yesterday.

Flying in from Norway I was quite pleased with the effort put into the match by our players, and with 10 men I can't really be disappointed with a draw! And the performance was at least much better than the last match I saw, the 5-1 trashing at Ashford...

Looking forward to my next match, but it will probably not be until next season.

I even think I got both our goals on video, but I'm not sure when I can get them online as my PC have crashed totally, so I'm using the old, slooooow one...