Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

updates from Harrow

Andy .

I think this defeat makes it No20 , and as we have only lost 3 of our last 10-12 games it goes to show how bad we were at the begining of the season . If we stay up it will be down to grit and emotion for the last 4 games but maybe to much damage was already done . Terry is a good manager , he should have been in charge much earlier on .

Agree first class manager. Need to win our Easter games but these bank holidays often give strange results!! All out attack at Heybridge i think. Could a big following make a diffeerence?? Can Mullings keep making mistakes? Defeat the Swifts and they are down. It is still in our hands.

Will be tough next week with Wilson possibly out injured and Morris (stupid boy) suspended and them on a good run of form. Agree that Young should have started - he is our best defender and you have to play your best players - maybe not fully fit? If worst comes to worst we could still have a Thanet derby next season but knowing our luck they'll put us in Ryman North and TOTS in South!

Originally Posted By: dannyriding
why was Young on the bench????

Exactly what I thought when told he was on the bench & it's got nothing to do with the Morris sending off either. Fit? He should be fit.The choice to omit him was wrong I feel,though having said that WITH him on the field it didn't really keep the oppo at bay did it.
Didn't see the game obviously & will wait for reports but it seems an inspired dream first half turned into a nightmare & as the team get applauded for winning well so should they take a kick up the a*** for not knowing how to keep a team at bay.
All these other teams around us are getting a lead & hanging onto it.We needed to do the same.The report will be interesting to read.

Hartsdownfan - I agree that we should have gone with Terry and Big Nev from the start of the season, but when they did take over we had a terrible run of results (1 win in 12 I think)so it did take them a while to turn things round. We just have not had any consistency all season but then we all knew it was going to be tough when we showed the door to all our experienced players before a ball was kicked!

Two ways of looking at today...

a) We lost by the odd goal in five to the league's form team while playing with ten men for most of the game.

B) We threw away a 2-0 lead in a vital game and have now given ourselves a mountain to climb in getting out of the bottom four.

I dunno, we're not Forest Green Rovers! Right now, we could really do with Harlow losing their appeal. Not nice to think like that but needs must. My bum is already squeaky enough!

SCS good enough for Dover but not us. Liam Coleman 9 goals in 11 games in this league when we're desperate for a goalscorer, good players sat on the bench, 2-0 lead thrown away, stupid ill disipline costing us the match, relegation looming. It's hard to keep the faith and the rose tinted specs are f()cked.

Better not criticise the management though.

I notice SCS has only appeared the once for Dover. Presumably whilst a further loan period for Edwards was being ironed out. Haven't seen him around since.

Yes, in his early days here SCS was terrific but considering he is a coach himself he did start to let himself down in other areas,some of which I told him about to his face on the terraces. A great shot stopper we all know that but in other aspects of his game he started to let himself down bigtime.

Very nice chap though from when Ive spoken to him & good luck to him elsewhere.

Now then this is where I agree with you. Young would have been first on my list for today. Even Gregory has done well when on the pitch & it bewilders me that he too is on the bench.Both clearly fit.

Management are doing fine though I guess the half-time talk today may have been more about congratulating the team rather than getting them revved up for a second half onslaught.It was guaranteed their manager would be lifting his players for the second half. We should have been prepared for that.Maybe with a good telling off for not scoring more in that first half & defending badly at other times (updates seem to indicate these things) rather than being nice,despite being 2 up with 10 men we might have come out fighting as we have done in previous games.

We had a very good chance before today of surviving & whilst now we have one foot in the grave we still have one dangling outside so we do FACTUALLY still have a chance,albeit a half chance now of saving ourselves.

TY & NS for next year for me in whatever division we might be in. I think they have done well in the main.