Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Applications for SSMFL

They are still members of Div 1

Winslow Boy - Read it and weep, as Horace rightly said Winslow United voluntarily left the SSML and it was only out of the goodness of the League's heart that the Club were accepted back ahead of some other applicants who had every right to feel hard done by when the door was slammed in their faces

Suspended for what? Do they have their own ground? I heard that the club imploded and had no choice but to pull out so that's not really a suspension.

I thought they resigned, but I'd figure Horace will know the score on that. Still, having them go back into Div 1 would be unjust.

Edited by britman

I understood that they resigned aswell. But as you say I may have to bow to Horaces knowledge although it all sounds like fancy footwork and semantics....I could be wrong of course....stranger things have happened...maybe.

Still, having them go back into Div 1 would be unjust

Britman - Why, the Club were in Division 1 when they were suspended for a season to supposedly get their house in order

Suspended for what? Do they have their own ground? I heard that the club imploded and had no choice but to pull out so that's not really a suspension.

They didn't pull out, they were suspended for a season because they didn't have a ground acceptable to the League. They were not in a relegation position so by my reckoning the'ye a suspended member of Div 1. If they can produce an acceptable ground for next season they'll be in Div1.

Please don't think that I'm defending Tik Tok - they nicked Ruislip Manor's place in the League without being anything to do with them, and were in truth not up to the job.

Edited by Horace

I don't mean to split hairs Horace but if you don't have a ground you're left with no option to withdraw surely? What are your options? None as far as I can see, we could have been suspended for not being able to raise a side that season because of a totally unexpected mass exodus of players and management. But we chose the honourable way and put a huge amount of effort into infrastructure, facilities that were already good enough securing a fine young manager and squad etc... As for Tik Tok either way it's hardly a ringing endorsement in support of being awarded senior football do you not agree?

Edited by Winslow Boy

Think we just posted at the same time...I understand your point, and believe we are wording the same thing from a different view point. Being suspended is a get out, without a suitable ground you are in no position to compete and would therefore be forced to withdraw, can we agree on that?

Think we just posted at the same time...I understand your point, and believe we are wording the same thing from a different view point. Being suspended is a get out, without a suitable ground you are in no position to compete and would therefore be forced to withdraw, can we agree on that?

no. They claimed that their ground WAS suitable, and didn't withdraw. Winslow withdrew. End of.

Semantics. Going to have to say that's a cheap get out. If you don't have the facilities you don't have the right and that is end of. I'm not arguing with you merely debating a valid point no need to get all funny.

If they are they've cheated the system TWICE. Taking the place of another club undeservedly and the n forcing the league to suspend them as a cheap get out when they had made NO effort and had no intention of providing suitable facilities. I understand that Horace is probably correct in an absolute official sense but there is no doubt it is a total farce and disgrace, takes "the gloss off" a bit doesn't it Rhodes! My final word on it not going to waste my time on a f#cking idiot and a tin pot 3 attendance max, joke of a facility, cheating scheming sh!t hole club.

Semantics. Going to have to say that's a cheap get out. If you don't have the facilities you don't have the right and that is end of. I'm not arguing with you merely debating a valid point no need to get all funny.

Sorry Winslow Boy. Didn't mean to upset you, honest!

Didn't upset me I thought we were debating back and forth as you should in a forum, pub etc... Thought you seemed to get the hump though prob cos I didn't drop it. Perhaps I was wrong. Technically I accept you are correct, technically OJ Simpson is an innocent man though. No offence taken by the way.

no. They claimed that their ground WAS suitable, and didn't withdraw. Winslow withdrew. End of.

Horace - Thanks for putting the record straight, that's exactly right, had London Colney happily played the game with Tokyngton Manor on 21 April last year, instead of making such a fuss, then the SSML wouldn't have needed to step in with hobnail boots

Horace - Thanks for putting the record straight, that's exactly right, had London Colney happily played the game with Tokyngton Manor on 21 April last year, instead of making such a fuss, then the SSML wouldn't have needed to step in with hobnail boots

Don't you make out that we're singing from the same hymnsheet! The "hidden gem" was an absolute disgrace by all accounts and the league bent over backwards to allow the club to get things right. Truth is, Tik Tok were (probably illegal) subtenants of Bedfont Green FC, who leased the "gem" from the London Playing Fields Association. The difficulty that Tik Tok had was that the LPA had taken out an injunction barring their tenant, Bedfont Green, from making any alterations etc to the ground or work on the pitch, on account of debts. So they (Tik Tok) couldn't meet the league's demands.

Rumour has it that Kingsbury London Tigers are looking at the ground following their loss of Silver Jubilee Park. They DO have the proverbial pot to p*ss in, so might be able to restore the ground. And who knows, those perennial cuckoosTik Tok might re-surface for 2011/12 as sub tenants of London Tigers. That will be two clubs together who both used the system to get a higher place in the pyramid than they were entitled to!