Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Applications for SSMFL

I remember playing MK City in Pren and MK Borough. Shenley and Loughton too Milton Keynes had some very good sides. So many teams gone from league over the years Pirton, selbey, baldock, shillington, milcutt rovers, scot fc, AC Delco, Luton old boys, old Dubstablians, Flamstead, Markyate, Toddington, Greenacres some of them were top Prem sides

Rhodes - Will you be returning "Prodigal Son Style" as part of this exciting new venture?excited.gif

Doog is King - I'm in discussions with the Chairman 'as we speak', all I can say at the moment is watch this space

Mercedes and Vauxhall motors both ran sides too. Tring Town Sandy Albion. They keep coming to me all these places I played at no longer about...some more

Potters bar crusaders, Houghton, Bridger Packaging, Electrolux, letchworth

Edited by Winslow Boy

I remember playing MK City in Pren and MK Borough. Shenley and Loughton too Milton Keynes had some very good sides. So many teams gone from league over the years Pirton, selbey, baldock, shillington, milcutt rovers, scot fc, AC Delco, Luton old boys, old Dubstablians, Flamstead, Markyate, Toddington, Greenacres some of them were top Prem sides

Old Dunstablians are now AFC Dunstable

Mercedes and Vauxhall motors both ran sides too. Tring Town Sandy Albion. They keep coming to me all these places I played at no longer about...some more

Potters bar crusaders, Houghton, Bridger Packaging, Electrolux, letchworth

Tring Town were in the old Spartan League but moved up to the Ishmiam / Ryman in 1975. Athletic were groundsharing with them for 3 seasons in 89-92 which may be where you remember it from. Potters Bar Crusaders had the plastic pitch & I made my Athletic debut at Toddington in 94 they didn't have their own clubhouse so you used to go to the Angel pub down the road. Does anyone still play at Shenley & Loughton's old ground?

I take it those clubs were South Midlands sides WB. I remember playing in the London Spartan League v Willesden Hawkeye & I think Walthamstow Pennant. Used to be a strong league back then. Corinthian Casuals & Croydon Athletic were in it also.

Abbey National/Santander play at Shenleys old ground now. Shankar had a good side when Bernie McConnel was there. Toddington had a bloody good side for a few years but [****!!****] facilities. Of course you're right about Tring I remember. And I certainly remember that bloody plastic pitch. I always liked going to Shillington just hated the ridiculous walk from changing rooms. Cracking club house at Shenley with decent money it could easily be developed perhaps Padbury will look at this. There were some great places that are now consigned to history you could make a whole division out of them and it would be a bloody good standard for the most part too. Aye Sid all South mods as this was all Pre Spartan merger. Some terrific sides in old Spartan too

Definitely some good players back then. I was never the quickest & given the run around & a bit of a bashing by Barry Hayles.

If I remember rightly there were a few trips to South London playing Greenwich Borough, Eltham & Lewisham.

Rhodes - Will you be returning "Prodigal Son Style" as part of this exciting new venture?excited.gif

Doog is King - I'm in discussions with the Chairman 'as we speak', all I can say at the moment is watch this space

Do you know what role you will be taking Rhodes? Surely a man of your experience should be viewing for a first team job?

BoingBoing - Thanks for your seemingly genuine post and good wishes, like i said I'm in discussions with the Chairman of Tokyngton Manor 'as we speak' and when a decision is made you will be the first to hear

Definitely some good players back then. I was never the quickest & given the run around & a bit of a bashing by Barry Hayles.

If I remember rightly there were a few trips to South London playing Greenwich Borough, Eltham & Lewisham.

I had the same experience Syd, one of my first Spartan games was coming on as sub against Barry Hayles. He scored a hat trick from left back and shortly after turned pro

The name Bridon Ropes always makes me giggle, I don't know why

BoingBoing - Thanks for your seemingly genuine post and good wishes, like i said I'm in discussions with the Chairman of Tokyngton Manor 'as we speak' and when a decision is made you will be the first to hear

Rhodes - Are Tokyngton applying to go straight back into Div 1 of the SSML or will you be starting in Div 2?

League set precedent with us putting us in div 2 so they would have to start in div 2 and we had our own ground. Ground sharing has to be in Place for a year too prior to going in to div 1.

League set precedent with us putting us in div 2 so they would have to start in div 2 and we had our own ground. Ground sharing has to be in Place for a year too prior to going in to div 1.

Completely different Winslow Boy. You left the league of your own accord, and it was only by the league being understanding that you were accepted back ahead of some other applicants. Tokyngton were suspended. They are still members of Div 1

Suspended for what? Do they have their own ground? I heard that the club imploded and had no choice but to pull out so that's not really a suspension.