Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion for Hatfield Town?

Ron - in the rules it's two from the top three for promotion, subject to ground grading. It's complicated this year by the "F" grade issues - Hatfield groundshare at a club who technically haven't passed the grading. But..... according to the latest League minutes, WGC are getting a reprieve. So if they do, then so should Hatfield be allowed up. But then there's Kings Langley! Seems that they may again be convincing the league that their lights are on the way someday soon!

But then, there's the fact that Premier Div is a team short, assuming that Hillingdon replace Bigg Town/Harefield/CSP. So maybe all three (Royston, Kings Langley and Hatfield) will go up?

I think for Stotfold to move across, they would have to swap with a volunteer - could be wrong though!

Id better declare my interest before I get lambasted (Im a hoddesdon town fan for those who dont know) but........

I heard a rumour (and by that I mean "its probably b????x, but,) that Hatfield could possibly suffer a points deduction for a 22 man brawl sometime last week which will lead to their 3rd disciplinary hearing at the herts FA this season. At their last hearing they were told any more disciplinary issues would lead to a points deduction.

...or maybe Im just clutching at straws!!!

I'd like to see Hoddy back in the prem... however they get there!! The more local derbys the better. Another 'rumour' is Cheshunt taking voluntary demotion.. SSML? Think there was something about it on their forum somewhere.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
I'd like to see Hoddy back in the prem... however they get there!! The more local derbys the better. Another 'rumour' is Cheshunt taking voluntary demotion.. SSML? Think there was something about it on their forum somewhere.

Heard that rumour too NF.

NF, I also heard that St Mags are looking to relocate after their ground has been sold to developers. Any truth in this as I know you have contacts there.

Yeah but I heard thats the problem. its costin them too much money in wages and travelling and they want to cone down the ladder a litle bit to consolidate and bring a little stability to the club

Originally Posted By: Football Man

Speaking to senior officials at Cheshunt on Sunday

You love to rub shoulders with the great and the good don't you and boast about it

Boswell - You're wrong there, I'm more interested in the 'plebs' and so called 'groundhoppers' whereas Football Man makes a b line for the boardroom everywhere he goes, you should have seen him at the Middlesex County League Premier Division Cup Final the other week.

Originally Posted By: Ron Burgundy
I've heard it from a reputable source that Kings Langley have had the grant for their floodlights approved last night and the work will be completed within 2 weeks, thus enabling them to take up their promotion.
Your two weeks are up today Ron !

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Speaking to senior officials at Cheshunt on Sunday, it doesn't sound like that rumour is true given the money they are currently spending to keep their ground up to Ryman standard.

Another angle on the Cheshunt saga:
http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/hertfordshiremercury-sport/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=415211

Originally Posted By: Ron Burgundy
Correct you are Robin, and as far as i'm aware there has been lots of work undertaken and some massive erections in the Kings Langley area!

The local police are asking for any witnesses to come forward !

• 2 weeks later...

Flew over Kings Langley in a hot air balloon last night. Quite apt really ! In between sipping champagne and eating canapes I noticed the first team pitch now seems to have floodlights. What does this mean for the promotion places from Division One ?