Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Promotion for Hatfield Town?

Originally Posted By: Conrad
Flew over Kings Langley in a hot air balloon last night. Quite apt really ! In between sipping champagne and eating canapes I noticed the first team pitch now seems to have floodlights. What does this mean for the promotion places from Division One ?

They'll be able to see when playing after night-fall ?

bolt

Air-balloon ?; Canapes ?; Champers ?

How the other half live !

chloe

Originally Posted By: Conrad
Flew over Kings Langley in a hot air balloon last night. Quite apt really ! In between sipping champagne and eating canapes I noticed the first team pitch now seems to have floodlights. What does this mean for the promotion places from Division One ?
Better late than never !

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Horace

Ron - in the rules it's two from the top three for promotion, subject to ground grading. It's complicated this year by the "F" grade issues - Hatfield groundshare at a club who technically haven't passed the grading. But..... according to the latest League minutes, WGC are getting a reprieve. So if they do, then so should Hatfield be allowed up. But then there's Kings Langley! Seems that they may again be convincing the league that their lights are on the way someday soon!
But then, there's the fact that Premier Div is a team short, assuming that Hillingdon replace Bigg Town/Harefield/CSP. So maybe all three (Royston, Kings Langley and Hatfield) will go up?

Horace - Whilst Robin Hood's post from yesterday on another thread is still fresh in the memory what is the current state of play. It would appear that Hatfield Town are still hopefull of promotion however if Kings Langley now have floodlights firmly in place then Hatfield can look forward to trips to Sun Postal Sports, Cranfield United, Winslow United and Amersham Town again next season.

Now this is only conjecture on my part (but I know that won't stop you quoting it as Gospel at some future date!) -

As I understand it, King's Langley have admittedly now got floodlight towers in place, but my reliable informant tells me that's all - no lamps on them yet! (could have changed over the weekend ) Point is, it's work in progress.

Unless the league intend to promote three or more Div 1 clubs, Hatfield Town rely on (a) King's Langley not being promoted, and (B) WGC's ground being accepted for Premier Div football.

On point (B), WGC's ground has NOT been accepted for F grading, despite the league trying to persuade the FA that it was a special dispensation case. However, as a "relegated club" on ground grading, WGC finished well above other F grade failures Cockfosters and Holmer Green.

I believe that the league have made it clear that they will only be relegating their normal quota of two clubs, so WGC should be safe, along with Leverstock Green. The quicker of thought amongst our readers will by now have picked up that F graded Kentish Town, despite finishing well adrift at the bottom, stay up under this scenario.

So, the league may have to decide between a club who are desperately struggling to get their lights in place before the AGM on 20 June, and a club who groundshare at a club whose ground is deemed not up to Premier Division standards either.

Hatfield can pray in aid the special dispensation for newly promoted clubs to have one year to get their ground in order, but from what I hear, there's more chance of me getting a date with Keira Knightley than there is of WGC raising the wherewithal to build a new stand.

Sounds like Hoddesdon Town should get their annual plea in quick!

Other issues to tax the brains of the committee are - Aylesbury FC - are they a new club?

Hillingdon Borough - do any other leagues want them more?

No wonder they haven't announced their constitution yet!

I stress that these are my thoughts, not anything official!!!!

Originally Posted By: Horace

Sounds like Hoddesdon Town should get their annual plea in quick!

It went in weeks ago......!!

Horace - You made some excellent points above on 1 June, have you heard anything concrete as yet, maybe we will have to wait until the AGM on 20 June before we know what the actual Constitution is but wouldn't that put Club's on the spot where voting is concerned and not having sufficient time to consider nodding or shaking their heads at the meeting.

I feel for all teams involved if that is the case - how can you plan for the forthcoming season if you dont know what league you are playing in.

I think you will find most teams start preseason the following week!

My gut feeling is that if Kings Langley dont go up it will only be Royston that come up from div 1.

Originally Posted By: christianTroy

I feel for all teams involved if that is the case - how can you plan for the forthcoming season if you dont know what league you are playing in.

I think you will find most teams start preseason the following week!

My gut feeling is that if Kings Langley dont go up it will only be Royston that come up from div 1.

I agree with your comment CT,

I guess that's how bad the SSMFL is run.

Originally Posted By: britman

You can't be serious, it's one of the best run and highly regarded League's in the Country, the delay in formalising the Constitution is down to the FA dragging their feet not the SSML.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

You can't be serious, it's one of the best run and highly regarded League's in the Country, the delay in formalising the Constitution is down to the FA dragging their feet not the SSML.

if it's one of the best run leagues how come fixtures are only given out a month at a time?

Maybe, one day you'll wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Britman - You unfairly criticised the SSML at the way it was run and I simply put you right that's all, the delay in formalising their Constitution for next season is down to the men in suits at the FA dragging their feet. I note that you are one of Southill Alexander's merry band of men, and women, so can I respectfully suggest that your comment is purely sour grapes because the Club were unceremoniously declined entry into the SSML.

Britman - You unfairly criticised the SSML at the way it was run and I simply put you right that's all, the delay in formalising their Constitution for next season is down to the men in suits at the FA dragging their feet. I note that you are one of Southill Alexander's merry band of men, and women, so can I respectfully suggest that your comment is purely sour grapes because the Club were unceremoniously declined entry into the SSML.

Whatever you feel Rhodes. How is the ass licking business, i've never tried it.

Britman - It has been like the infamous two buses on here today, nobody posted until 6.00pm and now everyone is suddenly coming out of the woodwork. Like I said yesterday I note that you are one of Southill Alexander's merry band of followers so your comments about the SSML appear to be sour grapes purely because the Club were declined entry into the League next season.

Britman - It has been like the infamous two buses on here today, nobody posted until 6.00pm and now everyone is suddenly coming out of the woodwork. Like I said yesterday I note that you are one of Southill Alexander's merry band of followers so your comments about the SSML appear to be sour grapes purely because the Club were declined entry into the League next season.

You still don't get it... what's the point.. Ugh...

I don't think it is sour grapes at being declined Cliff, but a proper explanation would have been nice. No ones got a divine right to be accepted, but if you've gone through all the proper channels as requested, it's only commomn courtesy to give a reply.
Anyway I thought this thread was for Hatfield Town. Good luck to them & have a drink on me !

• 1 month later...

I see that Hatfield Town Chairman Ted Collie is all over the Welwyn & Hatfield Times like a rash today:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

There's a comprehensive report of the Hatfield Town v Wodson Park game in the Welwyn & Hatfield Times, it would appear that the Hatfield Management weren't overly impressed with the performance:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx