Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor 0 Didcot 2

Giant Reed

Good atmosphere, good game but the better team won.

Tell me, are the linos affiliated to the teams playing? The lino in front of the Run in the 1st half seemed to be encouraging the Didcot players - in the 2nd half he seemed to give everything to Didcot.

I'm not usually one to get the a r s e with the officials but it certainly felt to me that Didcot got almost every decision going.

Fagan's booking was particularly pathetic. A tiny show of frustration / dissent at the foul-throw decision surely didn't warrant a booking.

Anyway, 'nuff said, Didcot deserved the win.

Agree the lino and ref were poor but thats not why we lost. Quite why we went for 1 up front when 1-0 i do not know.

Congrats to Didcot but i want Totton to go up .Best side i've seen this season.

Thanks to Scottie, Jim and all the sqaud for a fantastic season. Lets end a rollercoster season on a high!

Can I just reiterate my question re the linesmen as it was a serious, not sarcastic enquiry.

He was saying well done, sensible play etc. when the Didcot defenders kept tight against Chennells and Co down in the corner, which seemed odd.

strange when we played Didcot the other week the 1st half this particular linesman was seemingly pally with the Didcot defence. 2nd half he gave Didcot a penalty that the ref waved away. makes ya wonder

even with the Slough/Windsor rivalry its sad to see you lot lose out at the semi final stage. Didcot are a very boring team whereas Windsor try and play attractive stuff. of course league position wise shows you are more worthy of going up. lets hope for some great Slough vs Windsor games again next season though of course thats no consolation to Windsor right now particularly

Was at the game tonight, thought you didn't do yourselves justice. Didcot had the measure of you pretty much all game and deserved to win.

Shame really, Stag Meadow has got to be one of the better grounds in BGSW with possibly the best pitch and perhaps deserves to be hosting "bigger" sides.

Poor attendance too considering nature of the game.

Another season playing the mighty Rebels home & away.

Bernie Grogan,did you really feel a deep need to post on our forum at what is a difficult time for every Windsor fan?

Does it make you feel good? Pouring your own,particularly vicious,brand of salt on the gaping wound of our grief?

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Originally Posted By: Mr Rebel
strange when we played Didcot the other week the 1st half this particular linesman was seemingly pally with the Didcot defence. 2nd half he gave Didcot a penalty that the ref waved away. makes ya wonder

even with the Slough/Windsor rivalry its sad to see you lot lose out at the semi final stage. Didcot are a very boring team whereas Windsor try and play attractive stuff. of course league position wise shows you are more worthy of going up. lets hope for some great Slough vs Windsor games again next season though of course thats no consolation to Windsor right now particularly

I'm not going to respond to this rubbish on here becuase it's the wrong place, but if Mr Rebel wants to read a reply its on the Didcot forum: Didcot Forum

I know how painful it is for you guys this morning, we lost at this stage of the play-offs last year, but I would like to say that you have had a fantastic season (something I'm sure you'll reflect upon when the dust has settled) and I'm also in no doubt you will bounce back even stronger after last night.
All the best.

The fact remains that the lino last night did appear to be pally with the Didcot players several times in the 1st half. He may have said similar things to Windsor players (maybe he's just a very nice bloke) but I didn't hear it.

It's really a pretty innocent question I asked in the 1st place - this is my 1st season watching football at this level and last night I seriously came away wondering whether the linos were affiliated to the clubs playing. I would have been extremely surprised if that was the case but, honestly, that was the impression I gained, not from decisions made, but from his interaction with the players.

Please be clear, even though I thought they were not great, I am not accusing the lino or officials of dishonesty in any way shape or form, just raising a question, born out of curiousity / naivety.

Anyway, I should just add that my son and I have thoroughly enjoyed (well, most of the time anyway!) the dozen or so matches we have attended since Christmas and will certainly be returning to Stag Meadow next season. Even if not across the nation, the players are now household names in our abode! Thanks to them all for good honest hard work and toil, and lest it might be forgotten at times, no little skill.

Originally Posted By: windsorian
Thats all they have because they are crap.

I cant believe we will be playing teams like slough next season angry

Yep. Teams like Slough and possibly Winchester who beat you this season. It'll be awful.

Seriously though, I didn't really see Bernie's comment as being inflammatory, just honest. I think these things can be blown out of proportion as emotions are running high.

I didn't see the game but neutrals would probably agree that Windsor didn't get what they deserved over the course of the season, but that's a combination of poor recent form and the lottery of the playoffs for you. Most people saw it coming as Didcot went into the game in great form. If you can keep the majority of the squad together next season, I'm sure you'll be favourites for the title as there won't be any more Truro Citys around.

Not sure we're be favourites next season but you've made a good point re Truro. Last season deep down everybody knew Farnborough would ultimately win the league, ditto this season with Truro. When you look at the setup down at Truro and the calibre of their squad, ourselves and Totton have done really well just to challenge them.

The way it is shaping up there doesn

I'd just like to say Well done Windsor for what has been a great season and its not even over yet!

Well done also to didcot last night on the day you deserved the win! Good luck against AFC Totton.

Seems beaconsfield have got themselves in a bit of bother. Sounds like it was pretty Discraceful behaviour.

totton board

Well as they say I guess there are three sides to every story.. I do wounder what actually happened. Somewhere between the two is probably the truth.

Agreed "cowardly" attack on Jarvo?!?! Anyone that attacks him must indeed have a deathwish! Perhaps the guy hit him in the back of the head hoping Jarvis wouldn't see who did it!

Have to say I was talking to Paul Hughes while things were going on, and most of the problems was coming from their goal keeper who was of course very happy he had saved the penalty but he continue to wind up the Beaconsfield players , with some of the spectators joining in ! not a good night ...but Totton seam to have had similar problems in the past ...so they are not holy than thou! as per the forum..