Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML AGM - Saturday 20 June

So who from this board will be attending the eagerly awaited AGM tomorrow, is the proposed Constitution likely to change at all, will Sport London Benfica be in or out and will Hoddesdon Town win yet another programme award:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=58625

Special1 - So give us an indication of which way you're going to jump tomorrow, it will be a shame if all your hard work over the past two seasons goes out the window and you have to revert back to park football.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Special1 - So give us an indication of which way you're going to jump tomorrow, it will be a shame if all your hard work over the past two seasons goes out the window and you have to revert back to park football.

Think i will have a few bob on them still being in the league

Originally Posted By: Bemused

So will I. In fact, I'll even have a few bob on where they'll be playing their home games. When you've got a perfectly adequate, and available, ground just a couple of miles from where you've been playing, it would be silly not to take advantage, wouldn't it?

It has been 4 years of hard work, taking Sport London e Benfica FC from Sunday League football into a direction that the club deserved to be.
It was great while it lasted.

When Sport London e Benfica returns to the Spartans, the club will be in a stronger position than it found itself this season. When faced with adversity and on the receiving end of a lack of morality from fellow member clubs, this club has an amazing way of coming out on top.

Which way will I jump? I'll jump straight into my car and head for the meeting.

Special1 - Your post indicates that you will sadly be severing ties with the SSML round about now, if that is the case I hope you will still keep in contact with us on here as you have much to offer and are a very knowledgable and decent guy, will you be entering a Portuguese team in the Inner City World Cup this year. You always seemed to be a one man band and never had sufficient support at the Club in order to keep the show on the road, your eccentric Chairman didn't do you any favours for constantly ranting, raving and swearing when he should have been manning the gate and making the sandwiches rather than leaving everything to you.

That man wasn't the chairman - he was the president, the owner of the "greasy spoon"!

Horace - What's the difference between a Chairman and President. I've only seen the guy on four occasions and each time he has behaved appallingly, the worst was at the Copthall Stadium when Kentish Town beat Sport London e Benfica 1-0 in 2007/2008 and he was stood next to three of my children using every swear word invented.

There is a clear distinction between chairman and president - the president has no executive function, in this case being given the title because he paid (or didn't pay) the bills!

I agree that his behaviour was appalling when I was unfortunate enough to meet him on that infamous occasion when his team so nearly humiliated Hertford Town in the Challenge Trophy last season.

Breaking news from the AGM.

Both Cockfosters and Hoddesdon proposed their inclusion in the Prem. Cockfosters asking to run with 23 teams. Both were defeated.

King's Langley also proposed their inclusion in Div 1. They won.

This is the main reason the meeting went on to 13.10.

Rhodes - Sporting---- etc. will be sharing at Haringey Borough, notified SMML at 10pm last night.. Broxbourne won best Premier program. Hatfield will be playing at WGC despite, according to WGC after the meeting, no signed agreement is in place. But rules are rules, some more flexible than others so it would appear.

Originally Posted By: monkeymonkey8
whats the story with hoddesdon?? why did they think they should be in the prem?

It's just a standard item on the agenda. If the Hodds fail to get promoted via winning football matches, Roger Merton always puts in a motion declaring that grass roots football will shrivel and die if the Hodds aren't in the Prem.

He then gets asked to leave the room so that all the other clubs can have a good laugh, before voting against the motion. Then they have another little smile at the dirty looks he gives to all the clubs who promised to vote for him before the meeting. Its become something of a ritual at the AGM.

Originally Posted By: Bemused

i will collect my winnings Monday drinkies

Congratulations Special1 excited

Originally Posted By: Scottie_DTFC

Breaking news from the AGM.

Both Cockfosters and Hoddesdon proposed their inclusion in the Prem. Cockfosters asking to run with 23 teams. Both were defeated.

King's Langley also proposed their inclusion in Div 1. They won.

Forget all that, did Hoddesdon win the Division 1 programme award.
Haringey Borough must be rubbing their hands as it will be a nice little earner for them with Sport London e Benfica groundsharing at Coles Park, hopefully they will be more hospitable to them than they were to Kentish Town in 2004/2005.