Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML AGM - Saturday 20 June

Originally Posted By: monkeymonkey8
whats the story with hoddesdon?? why did they think they should be in the prem?

Its a ground grading thing Monkey. Too many clubs being allowed to play at Step 5 with sub standard facilities so its always worth asking the question. On a personal note, Id much rather play Premier division football having earned it through promotion.

Originally Posted By: Spidermanor

It's just a standard item on the agenda. If the Hodds fail to get promoted via winning football matches, Roger Merton always puts in a motion declaring that grass roots football will shrivel and die if the Hodds aren't in the Prem.

He then gets asked to leave the room so that all the other clubs can have a good laugh, before voting against the motion. Then they have another little smile at the dirty looks he gives to all the clubs who promised to vote for him before the meeting. Its become something of a ritual at the AGM.

Spider, Im disappointed by this. Having met you at Lowfield a couple of seasons back, I know you are a decent fellow but your comments above are a bit harsh. The motion is NOT that grass roots football will shrivel and die without Hoddeson in the prem and believe it or not, we are not that egotistical about our club. As I said to Monkey above, we believe we have, and have had, Step 5 facilities for a number of seasons now, where a number of other clubs have not ( and STILL have not in many cases!!!)

And as for other clubs having a laugh at his expense, perhaps my Chairman has had the odd titter to himself when other clubs, whose members do not work as hard as he does to secure the highest standard of football possible, have gone out of business and disappeared off of the SSMFL map....

:|

Can someone please explain how WGC were not relegated as their ground failed the grading and they had not made the improvements by deadline day? Confused !!! Or are they on the same "okay well let you off as long as there done sometime ticket" as Levy Green and Kings Langley.

Originally Posted By: Wendoverwatcher
Can someone please explain how WGC were not relegated as their ground failed the grading and they had not made the improvements by deadline day? Confused !!! Or are they on the same "okay well let you off as long as there done sometime ticket" as Levy Green and Kings Langley.

The basic thing that saved them was the fact they ended the season in a higher position than the other clubs that didn't have the grade. There are probably better qualified people to explain the situation ??? any help

Originally Posted By: Wendoverwatcher

The Prem relegate 2, so just the lowest placed 2 non-graders went down. However, WGC and another 2 Premier clubs will start the coming season with 'potentially relegated' next to their name. The lowest placed 2 out of that 3 will automatically be relegated from The Prem at the end of the coming season if they have not completed the required works and received their grading by March 31st 2010.

That's correct Willo. Under the new FA ruling, the lowest placed 2 (it's 3 in some leagues) clubs to fail the ground grading get relegated. Ones who fail but aren't in the lowest places will be first for the chop next season unless they get the grade by 31 Mar 2010. Clubs who are promoted from Div One with a grade F also have until the same date to get a grade G.

Wader beat me to it.Edit

Thank you chaps, clear and concise answer. Sorted.

Quote:

Special Award Trophy - Royston Town
Sportsmanship - Royston Town
Playing Surface - Harefield United, New Bradwell St Peter, Pitstone and Ivinghoe
Programme - Broxbourne Borough, Crawley Green, 61 FC
Hospitality - Oxhey Jets, Royston Town, Bletchley Town
Manager of the Season - Chris Nunn (Biggleswade Town)
Leading Goalscorer - Craig Hammond (who else)
Sportsmanship - Royston Town, Haringey Borough, Risborough Rangers
Houghton Regis Cup - Chalfont St Peter
Alf Joyce Trophy - Graham Bint (Cockfosters)
F.C.Crain Award - Craig Renfrew (AFC Dunstable)

Here are a few of the gongs that were dished out at the SSML AGM last Saturday, I see Graham Bint won Secretary of the season however he tends to take himself a bit too seriously at times

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Quote:

Special Award Trophy - Royston Town
Sportsmanship - Royston Town
Playing Surface - Harefield United, New Bradwell St Peter, Pitstone and Ivinghoe
Programme - Broxbourne Borough, Crawley Green, 61 FC
Hospitality - Oxhey Jets, Royston Town, Bletchley Town
Manager of the Season - Chris Nunn (Biggleswade Town)
Leading Goalscorer - Craig Hammond (who else)
Sportsmanship - Royston Town, Haringey Borough, Risborough Rangers
Houghton Regis Cup - Chalfont St Peter
Alf Joyce Trophy - Graham Bint (Cockfosters)
F.C.Crain Award - Craig Renfrew (AFC Dunstable)

Here are a few of the gongs that were dished out at the SSML AGM last Saturday, I see Graham Bint won Secretary of the season however he tends to take himself a bit too seriously at times

Rhodes - Nothing like a gracious acknowledgement then or should I say that's nothing like a gracious acknowledgement!

Is the Crain Award given to the person with the longest neck?

As for the hospitality award, unless dancing girls are involved and topless waitresses I don't think an award should be given at all. I don't recollect seeing either that many times in Boardrooms last season. Something to do with the recession perhaps.

Originally Posted By: c o the north

Rhodes - Nothing like a gracious acknowledgement then or should I say that's nothing like a gracious acknowledgement!

I'm not being critical, all Secretaries have their own approach to football administration

Keeps - Yes but I thought we were talking about Mr Bint and not me who you appear to be obsessed with. Who is George plying his trade for these days, he seemed to have more Club's than Jack Nicklaus last season, Biggleswade Town, Haringey Borough and Basildon to name just three.

Loving this new interest in golf Rhodes. Does it indicate a shift of focus for you? Thousands of Golf Clubs up and down the country you can work your way through.

Originally Posted By: Wader

I don't recollect seeing either that many times in Boardrooms last season. Something to do with the recession perhaps.

Wader - You obviously didn't attend a Tokyngton Manor home game last season, the Club really pushed the boat out on the hospitality side of things, clearly we're no Chelsea or Man Utd but it's important to look after opposing Club's and Match and League Officials when they come to visit so money is no object.