Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML AGM - Saturday 20 June

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Scottie_DTFC

Breaking news from the AGM.

Both Cockfosters and Hoddesdon proposed their inclusion in the Prem. Cockfosters asking to run with 23 teams. Both were defeated.

King's Langley also proposed their inclusion in Div 1. They won.

Forget all that, did Hoddesdon win the Division 1 programme award.
Haringey Borough must be rubbing their hands as it will be a nice little earner for them with Sport London e Benfica groundsharing at Coles Park, hopefully they will be more hospitable to them than they were to Kentish Town in 2004/2005.

No Hoddesdon didn't win the programme award, that honour went to Crawley Green.

And of course Haringey will be hospitable (as they always are), after all you're not on their committee anymore are you.

Quote:

I was a casual observer for the last 40 minutes of the AGM. When I arrived, Kings Langley were giving an impassioned plea as to why they should be allowed to stay in Div 1.

It went to a vote, and they didn't get a majority. However, when it was realised that many people didn't have their voting cards, the vote was redone and KL easily won - they stay in Div 1.

Cockfosters' request to stay in the Prem had been voted on earlier, and they lost, but in the light of the KL re-vote, a second vote was done for them. They lost again and are relegated to Div 1.

SLeB stay in Div 1, having secured a groundshare at Haringey Borough. Arlesey Ath and Markyate have withdrawn.

The above post is taken from another's Forum.

Special1 - Your post indicates that you will sadly be severing ties with the SSML round about now, if that is the case I hope you will still keep in contact with us on here as you have much to offer and are a very knowledgable and decent guy, will you be entering a Portuguese team in the Inner City World Cup this year. You always seemed to be a one man band and never had sufficient support at the Club in order to keep the show on the road, your eccentric Chairman didn't do you any favours for constantly ranting, raving and swearing when he should have been manning the gate and making the sandwiches rather than leaving everything to you.

I don't come on here too often but I thought I'd suck you into celebrating too early. I think the term is "hook line and sinker?" smile
The response above is exactly what I expected from you once you thought the chips were down. Your reputation precedes you and your gob precedes that. I had said on the another site for "Vultures" to stay away but you didn't get the hint!
It is a win, win situation. The league has the assurances of a Premier Division ground agreement and secondly, we will have one certain member who will not be visiting. laugh
I would like to personally thank Haringey Borough FC for their flexibility and help in this matter.

Originally Posted By: Special1

Your reputation precedes you and your gob precedes that. I had said on the another site for "Vultures" to stay away but you didn't get the hint!

Actually I was trying to be nice and am on record as saying that I hope you manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat at the twelfth hour which you did, many congratulations.

Actually I was trying to be nice and am on record as saying that I hope you manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat at the twelfth hour which you did, many congratulations.

but you would of been happier if they failed, eh?

rhodes your posts have one common theme.........to see people fail
must be be something to do with the fact you are the biggest failure on this forum
lousy job....lousy club member........but most of all.............lousy Father
now feck off you waste of space

Originally Posted By: Special1

It is a win, win situation. The league has the assurances of a Premier Division ground agreement and secondly, we will have one certain member who will not be visiting. laugh
I would like to personally thank Haringey Borough FC for their flexibility and help in this matter.

Special1 - You seem to have forgotten that I will be at Coles Park when Tokyngton Manor come calling, I trust your President will be on his best behaviour that afternoon or evening as I will have some children with me. How much are you paying Haringey Borough to groundshare out of curiosity, is it roughly the same as you were paying at Reynolds Field.

Quote:

Jun 21, 2009, 1:14 pm
GROUND SHARE AGREEMENT

There will be few, if any, Saturdays when football is not available for spectators at Coles Park in 2009/10 as Borough have concluded a Ground Sharing Agreement with Spartan South Midlands Division One Club SPORT LONDON E BENFICA

For Borough it provides a much needed source of additional income and enables Sport London to remain in Senior football following the non-renewal of last seasons arrangement to play at Hanwell Town's Reynolds Fields Stadium.

I see that Haringey Borough have wasted no time in making the above announcement on their Website.

Special1 - You seem to have forgotten that I will be at Coles Park when Tokyngton Manor come calling

you seem to have forgotten..............they wont let you in!

Bemused - You're making yourself busy, 42 posts since you joined the Forum last Tuesday, that's good going and what was your earlier comment all about regarding me being a lousy Father, today of all days.

what was your earlier comment all about regarding me being a lousy Father, today of all days.

what it says on the tin................

Reading through some of your posts, it didn't take me long as they are nearly all one liners, you have a sniff of the dysfunctional Keeps clan about you, you know your Essex football, knew I had children and are abusive.

Reading through some of your posts, it didn't take me long as they are nearly all one liners, you have a sniff of the dysfunctional Keeps clan about you, you know your Essex football, knew I had children and are abusive.

I must admit it wasn't a particularly pleasant comment made about you..however isn't the term 'dysfunctional Keeps clan' which you always seem to use when refering to those particular people also abusive????

Lato - Nice of you to come on, what did you think about that dramatic twist in the tail yesterday when Sport London e Benfica announced they were groundsharing at Coles Park, what a turn up for the books. Lets wait and see whether Bemused is Keeps first, there is no excuse for un-necessarily bringing members young children into petty arguments.